• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant My Client Just Got "Rolled" by Customer Service

In summary, the customer is having problems with their cookware and the company is not willing to help her.
ChefCKHall
Ok, granted I have only been with the company since January and am a little green...I have a client/hostess who did a catalog show for me in California in November, I am in New Mexico. She is having an issue with the executive cookware that she purchased as a half price item.She sent me photos earlier of what was happening, I won't go into details here, but I asked her to contact customer service so she could explain what was going on and she said she would.......Today, I get an email from her....she is having problems with her cookware still. She called the 800 number and was on hold at that time for so long she gave up...no she did not call back. Email is what is the warranty/return for this stuff, it is not cooking right, I no longer have packaging.OK, I call customer service, and met the not so nicest customer service rep. I tell her that this is on the cusp of her 30 day return, maybe a day over....however, she should not have this problem. Send her a new set and let her return the one that is having so much problem. No, she can return them for refund (shipping her cost) OR send them back for inspection (client w/o cookware for three weeks) mind you, she has two babies and cannot be without cookware. I am not happy get the "let's be reasonable"...have the client call us so we can figure out what she wants to do. Okay. The client calls, gets grilled on 1) Why are you calling us...why is not your consultant calling. She answers my consultant was just on the phone with you and it was determined I should call so I can explain exactly what is happening with the cookware to resolve my issues" "We can't find you"...Oh, it's a catalog show...and proceed to treat her like a second class citizen... "Why did you have a catalog show with a consultant in New Mexico? Why not in California?"....EXCUSE ME???????????Client calls me in tears cuz she feels she has been grilled and they offer her no real solution other than send it back at your expense and we will refund you OR the three week inspection grill. Mind you, my client is a LEADER for a different direct sales organization.....Can I say UNHAPPY!! Just talked to my AD and we are going to call sales manager at PC on Monday. Unreal the questions they were grilling her with.....OK, I am supposed to go to Christmas Party now...I am not alone in my anger....LOLWill update later.CK

:thumbdown: Wow. What idfference does it make whether it's catalog or cooking? I'd be upset, too!
Let us know how it turns out!

I was a bit annoyed calling for an exchange for a customer - my issue is small potatoes to this one!

Wow! That is completely unacceptable on the HO part!

I hope she got the Reps name....because there is no excuse for that.
They should actually listen in to the reps on the phone....because obviously it's a gamble what kind of person you will get- a real grouch or an angel who knows what Cust. Service means! Clean house!

I learned long ago (as in YEARS before PC) that anytime you get an inpolite Customer Service Rep who's giving you a hard time, you ask for their supervisor. I went up 5 levels at a Ford Dealership once. Left my car for a week while I was out if town and told them that they had to get on the highway at 55+ MPH to hear the rattle. They drove it once around the block, didn't hear the rattle and left it sitting for the duration of my vacation. Went up high enough in the chain of command that they gave me a free rental and gas for the rental car while they had my vehicle a second time.

I'm a reasonable person when people do their job, but when I do encounter someone who doesn't take pride in their job, I have no problem saying "I'm sorry, that's not an acceptable answer. May I please speak with your supervisor?" I was trying to get a copy of my birth certificate for our military move overseas and was having a hard time. I asked that rude woman FIVE times to speak with her supervisor, she refused. I had to hang up, call back and ask someone else for the first girl's supervisor. I'm nice 99% of the time but we all have to find that 1% mean in us to be forceful when we do encounter that person who either hates their job or is having a rough day and taking it out on us. ;)

Asking pertinant questions required for a warranty return is one thing, but to harass a customer over her consultant choice is totally unacceptable. The floor supervisor needs to know what happened ASAP so that the can deal with her attitude. For every 1 person who complains, there's usually 5 more that walked away mad. :(

That's ridiculous. She's only had the cookware for 3 weeks. I can't imagine that the problem is a result of her abusing it. That just seems awfully quick.

As for an out of state catalog show, why on earth would that be pertinent to the situation? I've done two out of state catalog shows because I have family that lives far away. Why would they want to do a show with someone else?

Actually her show was delivered 11/12 so she is within her 30 days!

ChefCKHall said:
Actually her show was delivered 11/12 so she is within her 30 days!

I think they go by the date it was shipped instead of the date it arrived - that is my understanding anyway.

pcsharon1 said:
I think they go by the date it was shipped instead of the date it arrived - that is my understanding anyway.
Yep my AD said the same thing...but really with a problem this big, two days? (shipped 11/8) She also said that her kitchen shears were sticking and not working corrently. She mentioned it to the rep and the rep told her she would have to mail them back and they would inspect them as well. If defective, she would be mailed a new set.

Inspect kitchen shears? Come ON!

Supervisors are way more flexible with what they can do. Call back!!! ;)

Actually AD and I are going to call Monday and talk to some higher ups to see if they can take care of this. Not only am I unhappy about how she was talked to but how I was treated as well. Normally, I have nothing but good things to say about our customer service but this whole scenario was just uncalled for!

Today, I processed adjustments for her, and emailed solution center, and sent them photos of the cookware. She even took a photo of the heat setting when it happened (never turned up past 4).

It shall be dealt with and we shall move on!

Breathe. The CSR was having a bad day - happens to all of us. You may not realize there was a rash of cookware claims a few months back, and they are being real sticklers on the cookware. From my perspective, yank the stuff if we can't stand behind it the way we always have!I agree - call back and be kind, but insistent - "no, that is unacceptable for my customer and for me. May I have the name and number of your supervisor, please?"

scottcooks said:
Breathe. The CSR was having a bad day - happens to all of us. You may not realize there was a rash of cookware claims a few months back, and they are being real sticklers on the cookware. From my perspective, yank the stuff if we can't stand behind it the way we always have!

I agree - call back and be kind, but insistent - "no, that is unacceptable for my customer and for me. May I have the name and number of your supervisor, please?"

I agree Scott. The problem was that it was two reps not just one. The one I talked to and the one she talked to. They were not the same person!

Another favorite phrase of mine when you catch a CSR in a bad mood like that (said in the most sincere voice as possible) ... "I'm sorry. Have I said something to offend you? Or was it the person before me???" It can really be a nice way of letting them know just how snotty they are being. I've actually had people apologize for venting at me when it was someone else that had their blood boiling. :D

Sheila said:
Another favorite phrase of mine when you catch a CSR in a bad mood like that (said in the most sincere voice as possible) ... "I'm sorry. Have I said something to offend you? Or was it the person before me???" It can really be a nice way of letting them know just how snotty they are being. I've actually had people apologize for venting at me when it was someone else that had their blood boiling. :D

Actually I've come right out and said to a HO rep - "What did you say your name is again? I personally do not appreciate the attitude you are giving me, can I be transfered to a supervisor?" When she refused, I hung up (I already had her name) and called back and just asked to talk to a supervisor.

While I understand that the HO staff is completely swamped at this point, and that everyone is entitled to have a bad day, be frustrated at the person before, etc. I have to say that I am hearing this more and more lately. The last 3 months there have been SEVERAL complaints about how consultants are being treated, as well as how customers are being treated. I have gotten the names of several people and reported them to the supervisors. As PC consultants, we are told time and time again that we are the face of Pampered Chef....same can be said for the person on the other end of the phone. Please, do call your sales manager and keep on this until something is done. I've had to do that as well....
I had a customer call about her salad chopper. The spring literally fell out and went down the disposal. She was told by HO that it wasn't under warranty (she had only had it for 6 months) and if she didn't have all the pieces, they would not replace it!! ummm....I don't think so! I actually had to get the sales manager involved because neither of us could get anywhere.

What does it mean for a client to get "rolled" by customer service?

When a client gets "rolled" by customer service, it means that they have had a negative experience with a customer service representative. This could include being treated rudely or unprofessionally, not having their issue resolved, or feeling like their concerns were not taken seriously.

What should I do if my client has been "rolled" by customer service?

If your client has been "rolled" by customer service, the first step is to listen to their concerns and validate their feelings. Then, try to find a solution to their problem and offer to escalate their complaint to a supervisor if needed. It's important to show empathy and assure your client that their satisfaction is a top priority.

How can I prevent my clients from getting "rolled" by customer service?

The best way to prevent clients from getting "rolled" by customer service is to ensure that your customer service team is well-trained and equipped to handle any situation professionally and effectively. Encourage open communication and provide resources for your team to handle difficult situations with empathy and problem-solving skills.

What should I do if my client is unhappy with the resolution from customer service?

If your client is unhappy with the resolution from customer service, it's important to address their concerns and try to find a mutually satisfactory solution. This could involve offering a refund, replacement, or other form of compensation. It's important to show your client that their satisfaction is important to your company.

How can I rebuild trust with a client who has been "rolled" by customer service?

To rebuild trust with a client who has been "rolled" by customer service, it's important to take ownership of the situation and apologize for their negative experience. Offer to rectify the situation and follow up to ensure their satisfaction. It may also be helpful to offer a discount or other form of compensation as a gesture of goodwill.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • chezshelly
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • chefheidi2003