• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Do About a Returned Check and Insufficient Funds?

In summary, the customer's check was returned and they were charged $10.00 and $32 for insufficient funds.
spoiledchef
Okay, so a customer's check was returned ($62.00 check). I was charged the $10.00 fee for a returned check. I was also charged $32 for insufficient funds (keep in mind this WOULD NOT have happened had their check cleared). So, do I tell them to pay me $62.00 + $42? I'm sure she'll be ticked, but so am I at this point. ARRGGHHHHH!!!!!!

Help QUICK!

That's what I would do. Make a copy of the notification, black out your account number, and send it to her so she knows that you aren't making it up.

I would only charge her the $10.

If you want to recoup the overdraft, maybe go halfsies with her.

You definitely have to pass on the charges. Hopefully, it is someone you know well or you know the host well and it was an honest mistake. Good luck with it!

Good point on the $32 part since it's not really her fault. However, you can charge more than just the $10 b/c you are spending time collecting it. That's why many places charge $25 for a NSF check. Some people have this posted at their shows. I have been lucky so far and haven't had this happen yet. I still get the individual checks vs having the host write one check.

Actually it IS her fault. The charge that overdrafted my account was for THAT show she bought from. I told her I need the $62 plus the $42, and well, she doesn't even have it. ARRGGHHHH!!! I'm so ticked right now.

Not to mention that my DH is in b/t jobs, and well, we don't have ANY extra money for this crap. We can hardly pay the bills, much less pay for someone else's mistakes.

Sorry, I'm a little upset right now.

Did she work out some kind of arrangement with you? Has she gotten her product yet? In the case that she doesnt, maybe get her products and hold them, or return them for a refund and have her pay the overdraft fees. That is the one bad thing about how PC works the shows... people have their products before we know payment is even valid.

Does you bank offer overdraft protection? Most do, so take advantage of that for sure...

IN the mean time, let her know when you expect payment by. It is up to her to pay up on the agreement. Dont let her walk all over you.

Thankfully one of my girls is a Michigan State Trooper. OF the two checks I have had problems with over the years, both were handled by her, and I had my $ in no time flat. Good luck!

Related to What Should I Do About a Returned Check and Insufficient Funds?

What is "Help Quick...nsf"?

"Help Quick...nsf" is a database that contains helpful resources for Pampered Chef consultants. It includes information on products, recipes, business tips, and more.

How do I access "Help Quick...nsf"?

You can access "Help Quick...nsf" by logging into your Pampered Chef consultant account and clicking on the "Resources" tab. From there, you can select "Help Quick...nsf" from the drop-down menu.

Can I contribute to "Help Quick...nsf"?

Yes, "Help Quick...nsf" is a collaborative database where consultants can share their own tips, recipes, and ideas. If you have something to contribute, you can submit it through the "My Contributions" tab in the database.

Are there any training materials available on "Help Quick...nsf"?

Yes, "Help Quick...nsf" offers a variety of training materials for Pampered Chef consultants. These include videos, documents, and other resources to help you grow your business and improve your skills.

Can I access "Help Quick...nsf" on my mobile device?

Yes, "Help Quick...nsf" is accessible on both desktop and mobile devices. You can access it through the Pampered Chef consultant app, or by logging into your account on a mobile browser.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
christinaspc
  • kearstin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kristenlee
  • wadesgirl