• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shipping & Handling Complaints? Learn Why $4.00 is a Steal!

In summary, the conversation discusses people complaining about the $4.00 shipping and handling fee for purchases made during a cooking show. The host and her coworkers have found a way to split the fee by placing orders together. The speaker reminds others that this is still a better deal compared to other companies. They also mention the option of free shipping for hosts and the higher fees for Alaska and Hawaii customers. Some guests may only buy one or two items, making the $4 fee seem excessive. Others suggest that it is important to keep customers happy, even if it means keeping costs low. The conversation also mentions a customer who paid only $0.71 for shipping on a large order. Some people are not bothered by the shipping fee and may even go
apriljc
Has anyone had a bunch of people complain about the $4.00 S&H? I had a cooking show last week and the host had a couple of outside orders at her wodk and the girls at work were complaining about the $4.00. So they went intogether and bought things so theywould could split the S&H and the sales tax. I just can't believe some people. Do they not realize that other places charge a lot more. There was even one lady who bought 5-6 things and 1 of the things was a more expensive item but she didn't want to pay more. I just had to get this off of my chest. Thanks for listening.

People can be silly, if I have guests that complain about the S&H then I tell them that it would be more if you were to buy online or they would effectively spend more than $4 on other products due to replacement if they bought a similar item somewhere else.

I really haven't had too many people say anything about the increase. But I would remind them that it is still much less than most direct sales companies and online shopping. Also that adding too many orders together saves money now, but in the long run will cost us all when they have to raise the shipping rates again, to cover the losses. Be really glad we don't have a 10% shipping like Partylite!

Next time someone complains about the $4 shipping let them know that Alaska and Hawaii customers have to pay 15%. I can't offer free shipping in my book to look envelopes because most customer's shipping runs about $10.
To pay $4 shipping here the order can't be over $27!! I would remind these people that Free shipping is reserved for hosts and you have these dates available. They will either shut up or book a show.

I encourage hosts to tell co-workers to go together - since they often just want to buy a "token" gift to support her show.. If you buy an $8 item, then 50% of that cost you have to pay is in shipping. That's ridiculous! My job is to keep the customer happy so keeping cost down helps. I think that $4 is a lot to pay when you aren't buying much. However, most people pay the $4 and don't say anything. If they are something that needs a guarantee, then I tell them to pay separately so they get their own receipt.

I get at least one complaint at every show about the cost of shipping. I like your idea to tell them they can get free shipping by hosting a show!! ;)

I'm of two minds about the S&H. On the one hand, for a decent sized order you just can't beat $4 - for the WHOLE order. On the other hand, if all you want is one or two items that are less than $5 each, then paying $4 for it is just plain ridiculous. There's just no way I'm going to pay just as much for the item as I am for the shipping of it, y'know? :rolleyes:

I guess I didn't think about the flip side of it that my guests pay 15% whether it is $1 or $100. I direct ship all orders over $100 because it is cheaper to pay the max $14 than the at least $15 shipping charge. I had a lady at my garage sale that just wanted the large rack. I think she ended up paying $0.71 in shipping.

I only had one person comment on paying for shipping to go to the host's home. I didn't know what to say. I just mentioned it could be shipped to her house for a little more. Honestly, I never thought of it, even as a customer.

There must be a lot of thrifty people here in PA.. I have complaints at all shows~ if they aren't verbaling complaining, they do go together on orders very often. They don't even ask if it will do anything to the guarantee, etc. Most don't seem worried about a lack of receipt~

What is the cost of shipping and handling for Pampered Chef products?

The cost of shipping and handling for Pampered Chef products varies depending on the size and weight of the order, as well as the shipping address. However, most orders have a standard shipping and handling fee of $4.00.

Why do some customers complain about the $4.00 shipping and handling fee?

Some customers may feel that the $4.00 shipping and handling fee is too high, especially for smaller orders. However, this fee covers the cost of packaging materials, labor, and shipping expenses, ensuring that your products arrive safely and in a timely manner.

Can I get a refund on the shipping and handling fee if I am not satisfied with my order?

Unfortunately, we are unable to offer refunds on the shipping and handling fee. This fee is non-refundable, as it covers the necessary expenses for processing and shipping your order.

Are there any ways to avoid the $4.00 shipping and handling fee?

Yes, there are a few ways to avoid the $4.00 shipping and handling fee. One option is to host a Pampered Chef party, where you can earn free or discounted products based on the sales from your party. Another option is to purchase a Pampered Chef membership, which offers free shipping and handling on all orders for a year.

What should I do if I have a complaint about the shipping and handling of my order?

If you have any concerns or complaints about the shipping and handling of your order, please contact our customer service team. We will do our best to address your concerns and resolve any issues you may have. Your satisfaction is important to us, and we strive to provide the best shipping and handling experience for our customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• yummy4tummy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • DebbieJ