• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Another Rant About Shipping ....

In summary, the customer who lives 30 minutes away expects to be paid when the order arrives, even though it is company policy not to pay until the order is shipped. The customer is confused because the consultant offers to combine shipping and pay later, but she insists on paying when the order arrives. The customer then complains about the shipping and the consultant offers to mail the product.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
and people who buy Pampered Chef like they think they're buying Avon!

I called a lady about an order for a small scoop. She asked if she could pay me when it arrives. Normally I'd say no, but a) I'm super desperate to get the order in on time and b) she lives a good 30 minutes south of me, if not more, so why drive there twice?

Then she started whining about shipping. Now normally, for small items such as this, I combine her with another order and split the shipping. So I offered to cut the shipping by $2. Later, I realized what a dunderhead I was ... by the time I drive 40 minutes to get it to her, I will have LOST money.

Customer 2: I'll be honest .... I only call her when I'm desperate. She EXPECTS to pay me when it arrives and even told me she decided not to buy from another consultant when she didn't do the same. I even explained that this is our POLICY and that by asking to pay when it arrives, she is asking ME to take the money out of MY OWN POCKET. But at this time, I'm looking at placing an order for cash and carry just to stay active, so I'd rather front money I'm paying back.

I figured it out. She's confusing us with Avon! She asks me if we have new catalogs every month and also demands samples!

I drove to her house to drop off a catalog and she said she wouldn't be home, then wondered if we had samples of spices. Um, I'm not your Avon lady. I'm not wasting my ziplock bags and parting with a tablespoon of spices I paid good money for! Nor am I taking the time to mess with it.

Sheesh! Some people expect the world!

the lady who lives 30 mins away why dont you have a meeting point? Thats what I do with people who live in a different area then me.

WOW..people amaze me..

Di_Can_Cook said:
Customer 2: I'll be honest .... I only call her when I'm desperate. She EXPECTS to pay me when it arrives and even told me she decided not to buy from another consultant when she didn't do the same. I even explained that this is our POLICY and that by asking to pay when it arrives, she is asking ME to take the money out of MY OWN POCKET. But at this time, I'm looking at placing an order for cash and carry just to stay active, so I'd rather front money I'm paying back.

I know you said you were desperate, but personally I'd consider letting her become another consultant's problem :D Then again, I've been in situations where someone has said they'd pay me when the items arrived, then decided they didn't want the order after it had been submitted. Yes, I did return the products and get a refund, but that's way more of a hassle than I need.

Why are you driving to her house, especially when it's that far away? Just mail the product to her.

Because it would generally cost more money to ship it twice ... and I WILL NOT give it to her without payment.This is someone I've never dealt with before and probably won't again. I have other orders to deliver out that way also ... so I'd be combining trips.As for Customer #2, to her credit, she does pay on time without questioning shipping. So in this case, I'd rather buy now and be paid later than buy now and HOPE I'll be paid later if the items sell at fairs.

I guess that in those situations, I add it to an order on a show that is local and I can get easily so I'm not paying twice for shipping, but you're just talking individual orders, huh? I hate those sometimes, when I know I should be thankful for them. But I know a customer is going to balk at the shipping when they're ordering something small, so rather than tell them what the shipping is I try to eat it, but then I have to get it to them. A lot of times I end up losing money on individual orders. Bummers! You could try to redirect them to your website, where there is no question about shipping and clearly there it's company policy.

It's all about customer service. Sometimes we end up not making much on a particular order but in that we build customer loyalty. I have gotten additional orders and shows through this kind of thing - maybe not right away but they have come - so it can work out.

Agreed; however, I do feel that I need to be more aggressive about the shipping because I can't lose money on my job, as I'm sure everyone here can agree. It's just a bummer that people don't realize that our shipping is actually not bad. I've been to parties where the shipping is based on a percentage of the total and keeps going up, and really the pkg. could go into a flat rate cheaper than what they ship it out for. Our shipping is quite cheap when you think you could buy every single piece of stoneware, cookware and simple additions and still pay $4.25!

Kelly8 said:
Agreed; however, I do feel that I need to be more aggressive about the shipping because I can't lose money on my job, as I'm sure everyone here can agree. It's just a bummer that people don't realize that our shipping is actually not bad. I've been to parties where the shipping is based on a percentage of the total and keeps going up, and really the pkg. could go into a flat rate cheaper than what they ship it out for. Our shipping is quite cheap when you think you could buy every single piece of stoneware, cookware and simple additions and still pay $4.25!

I agree and I say just that at my shows. I also say (truthfully) that when I mail out a host packet - 3 catalogs, invitations and a few flyers - it costs me $4.90. It illustrates that the shipping really is a great deal. Shipping is actually $4.75 if I print off my own label and I just saw that it went up to $5 if we go to the PO to mail it! :eek:

When I get an order outside a show I ask them if they want it direct shipped to their home or should I add it to a party to save them on shipping costs. That sets up the expectation that they will pay shipping. I do not offer that to anyone who does not live locally and we agree to a mutually good place to meet (somewhere I need to be near anyway and not out of their way either). There have been times that I have not charged shipping (just spices or under $10) but in those cases I make sure that I am not driving out of my way to deliver and often they agree to stop by my house to get it so I don't feel that it's costing me anything compared to the business I could get from the service.

If the order is small, and you are driving that far, it's almost cheaper to just pay the difference for the Direct Shipping to her...then she'd have to either pay you up front or with a Credit/Debit card.I do that a lot with SMALL Individual Orders for folks a little out of my normal routine. It really depends on the order, location, etc. But if it's going to cost me $3 in gas anyway, plus my time...I sometimes just cover the $2-3 extra shipping and then don't have to worry about it! :D

Another job for the Bank of DI! Sounds like an Excedrin moment to me. 7 years ago I had to decide if paying for something for someone was an option after I got ripped off! This lady ordered about $35 worth of stuff and she needed it NOW. Then she tells me after placing the order that she would pay me when it came in. I finally got hold of her 15 days after the stuff arrived. I at least had it delivered to me. We set up a drop off day about a week out from there. She NEVER answered her phone after that! I even drove the 45 miles to her home. I have to admit it was on my way to my folk's place so... But Geez! When I got to my mom's I called her again and left a message. She called me that night after I got back home and told me she got called into work and asked we could try again the following weekend. So I did it again. Well, again no answer, no calls no nothing. Here's the best part! It was 32 days after it was delivered and I would have to pay to return the order at that point. And it was stuff I did not want! I finally called and simply told her I was sending it back. She never called to reply to that. The entire order cost me roughly $45. It ended up in the garage in my "lost products" box. In fact, if I went to look, I bet they are still there! Not worth the headache.

Well, the first time Customer #2 asked me if she could pay for her order when it came, she claimed she had been burned by other DS people. I realized she didn't know me, so I took it as an example of building trust and loyalty. Well ... she is kinda crazy and doesn't quite get what I'm saying ... for example, I've told her over and over again that by asking to pay for her order when it comes, she's asking me to pay for it out of my own pocket. Still doesn't get it. Oh well. I seriously need any order I get. Right now my show is $6 away from being a qualified show, and that's with me ordering over $60 worth of stuff to sell at fairs.

I have some potential orders with a former host, who has a history of dragging her feet, and another order that hasn't been finalized and may increase. So whatever additional orders I get may reduce my order.

Right now, these two ladies are BOTH balking at the expense of shipping, so I am adding Customer #2 (who just ordered a few rubs) to Customer #1. Customer 2 and my cousin live rather close to one another (I pass her church on the way there) and when I'm there, I'm over half way to Customer 1. So I'll pay for it with my own personal debit card. If I don't get payment, I'll simply return it and get my money back. As an alternative, it is all really easiy sell-able at fairs.

Thank goodness you have people ordering stuff you can resell if need be. I guess you gotta take it as it comes then. Good luck!

1. What is the typical shipping time for Pampered Chef products?

The typical shipping time for Pampered Chef products is 3-5 business days. However, during peak seasons or with certain products, it may take longer.

2. How much does shipping cost for Pampered Chef products?

Shipping costs for Pampered Chef products vary depending on the weight of the package and the shipping destination. However, we offer free shipping on orders over $99 and occasionally run promotions for free or discounted shipping.

3. Can I track my Pampered Chef order during shipping?

Yes, once your order has been shipped, you will receive a tracking number via email. You can use this tracking number to track your package and see the estimated delivery date.

4. Are there any international shipping options for Pampered Chef products?

At this time, we only offer shipping within the United States and Canada. We are constantly evaluating our shipping options and may expand to other countries in the future.

5. What should I do if my Pampered Chef order doesn't arrive on time?

If your order has not arrived within the estimated delivery time, please contact our customer service team for assistance. We will do our best to resolve any issues and ensure your order arrives as soon as possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • patty42240
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
patty42240
  • wadesgirl