• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Rant Over: Pampered Chef Consultant's Struggle to Make a Profit

In summary, the conversation discusses how a consultant feels when another consultant tries to undercut them by giving away free products. The first consultant points out that PC already gives away a lot of free product, and that they don't lose money when they are trying to make commission to help feed their family. The second consultant seems to think that the first consultant doesn't need free product, and that her customer service is better than the first consultant's. The
patty42240
I was in such a great mood today as I went about town collecting money so I can close this show I had September 26...even had one guest increase her order by buying a medium bar pan. I left there and went to see my best friend who owed $45 on her order. Well she told me that the other day she ran into another friend of hers who is also a consultant and this lady asked her why she had not ordered anything from her in almost a year. Carol told her because she orders from me and is in my Christmas Club. So this lady starts questioning her about MY service and asked her if I give free gifts like she does and my friend Carol said no I did not give away free products. I was stunned! I said Carol I do give away free products when I can and also PC gives away free products for orders over $60 not to mention host specials and the 10% discount Carol gets for past host.

Ok so what upset me is that Carol really really really wanted the DCB and kitchen spritzer and so I told her if she ordered it I would make her the loaded baked potato chowder and I provided all of the ingredients. So you can imagine how this upset me when she told this other lady that I did not give away free stuff. She told me this lady "gives away good products like the spritzers, twixits, paring knives," etc.

I reminded her about the chowder I made for her not 2 weeks ago and the free kids cookbook I gave her 2 months ago and how I had given her free shipping on 2 of her orders. Then I said you know, it amazes me how people think that because I sell PC I should give everyone free products. I said when people go to Wal-Mart and buy kitchen tools they don't tell the cashier they want free products...so why should I lose money when I am trying to make commission to help feed my family.

She did apologize to me but it just struck me wrong. I have only been a consultant for 6 months and I have yet to turn over a profit in this business. I am happy with what I have gotten, what I have earned, etc. but I am not going to go broke providing free products.

Thanks for letting me Rant! I feel better now LOL

I totally agree with you! I stick to the little items for door prizes. PC gives great benefits to both the host and the guests.

I'm glad you feel better and am sorry that the other PC consultant was trying to undercut you.

I am sorry that happened to you! Plust the twix it clips and knives are good products, but it is just the door prize products we can order on a supply order! Maybe since your friend doesn't seem to think that free shipping is free product, instead of offering that again give her something for free. I usually offer a spice for free instead S/H since I make my commission back. Just an idea it sounds like you are already doing plenty for free.

You did the right thing by pointing out 1) PC ALREADY gives away lots of free product, so, by hosting a show she's getting plenty, and 2) you not only do give things free, but better, usually, than this other consultant.

Here's another way to look at it, though. Maybe the other consultant wasn't trying to undercut you, but was simply considering a change in how she operates her business. Perhaps her thought process was "hmm, Patty doesn't give away so much stuff, yet Carol is more loyal to her. Maybe I don't need to take on that extra expense."

Why do we feel like we have to give away stuff for people to want to buy? I don't get it!

You're doing the right thing, and it sounds like you handled this very well. Now, as we often say here, bless and release.

rather rude of the other consultant to try to compare her customer service to yours... if her customer service was that wonderful, your friend would have been purchasing through her (if she's been a consultant for longer than you...)

i have seen a lot of downtalking recently... we need to remember to act professionally; I'm NOT saying I see it here, but a lot has been happening the last couple of months that i've noticed... very sad

Blessed and released! Thank you for that.. I really needed to do that!Trish, I was thinking the same thing about customer service. This other lady has been a consultant for a long time but it took her almost a year to ask Carol about ordering from her. I guess we are all guilty of that with some of our customers. Thanks everyone for the comments and reassurance. Hope you all have a blessed weekend!

1. Why is it difficult for Pampered Chef consultants to make a profit?

One of the main reasons that Pampered Chef consultants struggle to make a profit is because of the high initial investment. Consultants are required to purchase a starter kit, which can cost anywhere from $109 to $259. Additionally, consultants are expected to purchase new products each season, which can add up quickly.

2. Is it true that Pampered Chef consultants have to meet a certain sales quota?

Yes, it is true that Pampered Chef consultants are required to meet a monthly sales quota in order to remain active. This quota can range from $150 to $750, depending on the consultant's level. If a consultant does not meet their quota, they risk losing their active status and missing out on potential income.

3. Are there any hidden fees associated with being a Pampered Chef consultant?

While there are no hidden fees, there are certain costs that consultants may not be aware of when they first sign up. For example, consultants are responsible for covering the cost of shipping for their orders, which can add up over time. Additionally, there are fees for using the company's website and for attending training events.

4. How much commission do Pampered Chef consultants make?

The commission rate for Pampered Chef consultants varies depending on their level and sales volume, but it typically ranges from 20% to 27%. This means that for every $100 in sales, a consultant will earn $20 to $27. However, this does not take into account any expenses or fees that the consultant may incur.

5. Can Pampered Chef consultants only sell products through in-home parties?

No, Pampered Chef consultants have the option to sell products through a variety of channels, including online parties, catalog parties, and vendor events. However, in-home parties are the most popular and traditional way of selling Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cincychef
  • AmyDare
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • lesliec
  • General Chat
Replies