• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Another Ds Company's Outrageous Direct Shipping

In summary, my best friend's mom does home interior direct sales (for the life of me, I can never remember the name). She has been off and on again with her business and my best friend was having a show to help her out. Since I live 2 hours from my best friend, I ordered something and had it shipped directly to me. She just called the mom last night to find out where my order was at since this was done at the beginning of this month. She looked into it and noticed I was charged $11 shipping on a $20 item!!! She told me at the time it was only a
wadesgirl
Gold Member
My best friend's mom does home interior direct sales (for the life of me, I can never remember the name). She has been off and on again with her business and my best friend was having a show to help her out. Since I live 2 hours from my best friend, I ordered something and had it shipped directly to me. I just called the mom last night to find out where my order was at since this was done at the beginning of this month. She looked into it and noticed I was charged $11 shipping on a $20 item!!! She told me at the time it was only a few dollars for shipping. She was going to call her company today and find out what the deal is and will reimburse me the difference. She thinks they may have changed some of the shipping details but since she's been in and out of the loop, she must not have known about it. I just think that is really outrageous and makes me appreciate our business even more.:love: :love: :love:

Is it Home Interiors? I don't remember what they charge ... maybe she meant "just a few dollars MORE?"My previous DS company direct-shipped to everybody at a rate of $6 no matter what.A certain candle company charges 10 percent show shipping on customer orders. Not sure what direct shipping is because they rarely do it.As much as I appreciate our shipping, I do try to help customers when I can. For instance, when a customer ordered an item from an outlet, I had it sent to me along with other things I ordered. When someone wants to order just one small item where the guarantee won't be an issue, such as a spice, I suggest they add it to another order.

I went to another DS party last week...won't name names & they charge us 20% of the order total for direct shipping:eek: because we're an APO address!! And stateside customers pay 10%...that's just crazy! :grumpy: Yes, we have to pay for direct shipping with PC (it's an APO reg issue) but it's not as much as I paid with this other DS even when the total is higher! Here's a "break down" of that order:

Product Total-$79.80
Shipping Total-$15.96
Total-$95.76

For the same $$ amount with PC, shipping is 14.00 & they charge 20% based on product total!! I like the way PC is set up much better(IMHO)...yeah, it's only a dollar & change, but in this day & age, those dollars add up quick.:rolleyes:

I am also doing a book show for "a certain candle company" and I just found out that that company does not have direct shipping off my show so my sis in law who ordered out of state I have to get her order and ship it to her myself!

Blast that certain candle company!!! LOL;)

I had a basket party & the shipping was crazy too. It was 10% of your order including tax. Crazy!

Oh yeah, since I was the host & my party was over $500, I got free shipping. If my party wasn't over $500, I would have paid shipping too! No bonuses either for hosting besides the free product. By the way, my "Free" products cost me $180!! :eek: :eek:

chefsteph07 said:
I am also doing a book show for "a certain candle company" and I just found out that that company does not have direct shipping off my show so my sis in law who ordered out of state I have to get her order and ship it to her myself!

If it is the same "certain candle company" that I had a party for last year (show swap), be careful, because you are charged tax on even your free stuff. I earned $200+ in free product, but still had to pay $80, because of tax. That was a shock, :eek: when I was only expecting around $40 for my 1/2 priced items.

That's actually law in most states - sales tax is due on the full retail of the host free and half-price items (because of how it's worded, I think). HO covers that for our hosts. It's a silent benefit. :)

I did a wine tasting party for a fairly new DS company and get this - unless show was over 500 in sales I would have had to pay for shipping (8.95) AND host benefits?? 1 Free bottle of wine, a monthly host special (cost me 35.00) and free shipping on additional orders for 3 months from the date of the show - the consultant is a friend - they only get paid on the 15th of the month as well...
How lucky are we??

I did a catalog show for an educational toy company. The consultant told me if I got my show to $250 I get double FPV. I got the show to $285 and the FPV should have been $80 instead she goes on about how I get an extra pecentage. (Not double) I got $60 free but after tax and shipping I paid about $20 so realy it was like getting $40 free instead of $80! They charge 12% for shipping and an extra $5 for direct shipping on top of the 12%!
This just goes to show we made the right choice to be PC consultants!!
(I will be using some of these things as good reasons to book a PC show this summer instead of some of the other home parties!)

PamperedDor said:
I did a wine tasting party for a fairly new DS company and get this - unless show was over 500 in sales I would have had to pay for shipping (8.95) AND host benefits?? 1 Free bottle of wine, a monthly host special (cost me 35.00) and free shipping on additional orders for 3 months from the date of the show - the consultant is a friend - they only get paid on the 15th of the month as well...
How lucky are we??
I think I may have done a party with the same company. LAME benefits. I didn't even get to the show min. so I got no benefits.

There was like a $7 price difference between what she thought the shipping cost was and what I was really charged. But she didn't notice it when she entered my order, just noticed it when she checked on the shipment status.

My aunt's jewelry business charges you shipping and tax on your free stuff. I still had to pay at least $30 for my "free stuff".

Unreal! But when I was in jewelry sales, I heard about the good, the bad and the ugly. Our commission (higher than PC) was lower than some other companies, but the plan was among the best ... the host does pay shipping ... but not tax on free! You only paid tax on what you got at half price, and often, those half price items went unclaimed! There were other companies that gave less in free product, or charged new consultants $200 for a "business kit" that did not include any jewelry! Gotta read the fine print!And the certain candle company did offer a special last month that could be direct shipped ... I don't know what they charged for that, because they never did it before. The item was offered as a gift ... unless the recipient lived out of town, why would you want to direct ship anything like that? We are lucky in a lot of ways. Not only do we have a good plan, we have a product that is practical, that people will order because it makes their lives easier. Meanwhile, people don't have money to "burn" on candles and won't pay $50 or more for something to put around their neck!

Di_Can_Cook said:
Unreal! But when I was in jewelry sales, I heard about the good, the bad and the ugly. Our commission (higher than PC) was lower than some other companies, but the plan was among the best ... the host does pay shipping ... but not tax on free! You only paid tax on what you got at half price, and often, those half price items went unclaimed! There were other companies that gave less in free product, or charged new consultants $200 for a "business kit" that did not include any jewelry! Gotta read the fine print!

And the certain candle company did offer a special last month that could be direct shipped ... I don't know what they charged for that, because they never did it before. The item was offered as a gift ... unless the recipient lived out of town, why would you want to direct ship anything like that?

We are lucky in a lot of ways. Not only do we have a good plan, we have a product that is practical, that people will order because it makes their lives easier. Meanwhile, people don't have money to "burn" on candles and won't pay $50 or more for something to put around their neck!

My aunt tried to get me to sign up under her on the jewelry but it had a $400 annual renewal fee and the best start up kit was over $1100! No way was I paying $1500 to start a business. Plus she did get more commission but has to pay for CC charges and out of her pocket for part of the host specials.

My friend's mom just emailed me. This is what she said:
I did call to see why the $11.25 shipping charges and they said it is because I had to enter it as a one-on-one and it was just one item. When I enter a show the shipping charges are spread out between the people and/or items but when it is a one-on-one the charges can't be spread out. I'll make sure I remember this for next time someone orders and I'm sorry that I didn't know this beforehand.

Could you imagine if PC did that?!?!?!?!

I have to say I love NH for that reason.......we don't get taxed on products or shipping. YET! LOL

I hosted a candle party in January and had to pay $9.95 to get double my host benefits & I paid $10 for a $50 voucher to be used at my friend's show who booked from me but at her party the stuff I ordered didn't count toward her benefits

Outrageous shipping chargesI have a friend who is selling soup,dip, and bread mixes, and their shipping is $5.99 up to $50 and after that it is 10%. Ours is a dream in comparison, no matter what some people may think!:thumbup:

Yea, I have a friend in direct sales and SHE actually has to make up the difference of the shipping. They only charge each customer a few dollars, but I guess that isn't enough to cover it so she is responsible for the rest. And she gets no breaks... she has ordered just one or two items for her demo and the shipping was around $20!! She didn't do any research before signing up and now that I'm with PC she is pretty disappointed with her gig. She carries inventory though, that is the only reason why she hasn't totally quit, she still has tons of product. Bummer! Once she gets rid of it I'm going to try to recruit her.I don't care that our commission is lower, we get so many other benefits, it is SO worth it! I love PC!

PamperedDor said:
How lucky are we??

Ugh. Don't get me started about Traveling Vineyard!!!!!!

pampered Ruth said:
I have a friend who is selling soup,dip, and bread mixes, and their shipping is $5.99 up to $50 and after that it is 10%. Ours is a dream in comparison, no matter what some people may think!:thumbup:
Wow! I have a hard enough time remembering not to tax food. To have to remember two different shipping rules would really do me in!:D

I LOVE PC for so many reasons and the hostess benefits top the list!! I love how little it costs the hostesses!!
I also have another DS company and their shipping is OUTRAGEOUS!! For me to order supplies, shipping is 12.95, then if I order catalogs there is an extra $3 charge for every 25 catalogs ordered and to top it off, the 25 catalogs cost over $25.00 to begin with then add on another $3 shipping and TAX...errrr.

Funny that you mentioned the cost of other companies' catalogs. I recently had a host express concern that a couple of the catalogs she was returning had become a bit dog-eared. I told her it was okay. She mentioned that she knew I had to pay for the catalogs and they were probably expensive. I assured her they weren't expensive at all and asked if she wanted to keep a few to leave in her office break room. She loved the idea. I'm really glad our catalogs are cheap enough to let me do this. I'm also really glad that the content itself only changes twice a year.

Yes are catalogs are cheap. I can get 100 catalogs for the price of 50 w/ the other company. PLUS, the other company has 3 catalogs per year. And there is ALWAYS stuff on backorder, changes have been happening every week. then to get order forms. The price for 50 w/ them is more than the cost of 100 for PC. Makes it tough to be a consulant. The one thing I do love is their gifts that I can give. You can't get them any other way. I love to order them and keep them as gifts that I give on holidays and birthdays and special days, cause I certainly don't have the shows to use them at. And I LOVE their products, About 50% of my house decorations are from that company, the rest are from other DS home decor companies. I love DS. LOL.

1. What is "Another Ds Company's Outrageous Direct Shipping"?

"Another Ds Company's Outrageous Direct Shipping" is a shipping service offered by another direct sales company. It allows customers to have their orders shipped directly to them instead of going through a distributor or consultant.

2. How does "Another Ds Company's Outrageous Direct Shipping" differ from traditional shipping methods?

Unlike traditional shipping methods where orders are shipped to a distributor or consultant first, "Another Ds Company's Outrageous Direct Shipping" sends orders directly to the customer. This can save time and potentially reduce shipping costs.

3. Is "Another Ds Company's Outrageous Direct Shipping" available for all products?

No, "Another Ds Company's Outrageous Direct Shipping" may not be available for all products. This service is typically offered for smaller, non-perishable items that can easily be shipped directly to the customer.

4. Are there any additional fees for using "Another Ds Company's Outrageous Direct Shipping"?

There may be additional fees associated with using "Another Ds Company's Outrageous Direct Shipping". These fees can vary depending on the shipping destination and the size/weight of the order. It's best to check with the other direct sales company for specific pricing information.

5. How can I track my order if I use "Another Ds Company's Outrageous Direct Shipping"?

Once your order has been shipped, you should receive a tracking number from the other direct sales company. You can use this tracking number to track your order on their website or through the shipping carrier's website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Amanda_RI
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Liquid Sky
Replies