• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just When I Thought It Was Over

In summary, PLG does not seem to be following through on their end of the bargain. They originally promised to give the out of town guest her order, but never followed through. They also promised to give the consultant credit for the order, but never followed through on that either. Finally, they left an unfulfilled promise of sending the out of town guest her order for free.
yummy4tummy
First of all I want to apologize for the long thread in advance but I have to share this. So if you choose not to read, that's okay. Just call this my therapy session. I would however appreciate any advice, comments and/or thoughts on how this was handled from those that do take the time to read.

This is another follow-up to my prior thread " so much for my PL consultant"

After the note she sent me via her DD showing that I owed her an additional $6.28 I e-mailed her the following:

Dear {PLG},

I am a little beyond baffled at the price that I paid for my order not to mention what you say that I still owe. I told {DD} to have you call me but I haven't heard from you as of yet. From my understanding I was entitled to a $132.91 shopping spree. My choices equaled 137.85
That left a balance of -4.94 . Plus the 11.95 for the host special 11.95+ 4.94= 16.89 shipping is 4.00 for hosts right? 20.89 ...tax on 20.89 Is 1.41 which equals 22.30 . Then the 5.32 is what I was covering for Liz by my calculations 22.30 + 5.32 = 27.62 I paid you 37.09 . Something doesn't add up, am I missing something?

Her reply:(in big BOLD PRINT)
sorry no Partylite this week, I am very busy at work. I did not ask you to pay any more. And I will call you next week.
okay, no problem. My family and I went out of town for the day yesterday and when we got home there is a box at my door with a 2 page note inside:

"I did you a BIG favor and let a guest NOT IN ATTENDANCE order a guest special."

#1. "I gave you an additional $79.74 in retail credit by giving you a booking YOU DID NOT EARN ON YOUR OWN!"

#2 "I let a guest NOT IN ATTENDANCE order a special for guests ONLY IN ATTENDANCE!" <a little redundant

#3 "I WAS going to send {out of town guest} her order as discussed in #2 at my cost. However since you feel $2.23 is A BIG DEAL- you can ship it to her at YOUR COST."

#4 "Not only is {out of town guest} getting the sampler, she is getting a FREE votive holder" <free? she and I both paid for it.>

We will not be doing PL or PC business again."

Okay, as if that were not bad enough I woke up and found this e-mail this a.m.:
"I left a package on your porch with a very detailed note and accounting of what I have done for you on behalf for your show and {oot}guest order. Unless, something you receive is damaged, I would prefer that you do not call me regarding Partylite now or in the future and please remove me from your Pampered Chef email address list.

I am actually very disappointed in myself for making myself so vulnerable by doing so many favors for an aquaintenance. <yes that is HER spelling>

I am copying this email to my Leader, {PL director} so that she is aware of the position that I have allowed you to put me in, just in case you feel it necessary to contact Partylite and complain about me.

These are the facts in summary:
Prior to your show, I worked with you to have an out of town order accepted and credited towards your show. {out of town}Order
Even though X was NOT PRESENT at your show, I figured a way for her to receive the votive sampler which was only available to GUESTS IN ATTENDANCE. I ordered it on a consultant order, She paid 7.95 + S&H + tax and you paid the balance up to $12.47. I did this a a favor to you.
I also offered to ship it to her at my cost, mainly because you whined enough to make me want to do it for you. However, your last email to me complaining about $2.23 sent me over the line. I left you the sampler and FREE votive holder on your porch so that you may ship it to Liz because she did you a favor by submitting an out of town order.
Even though you were unable to secure a booking on your own, and because you were able to host a good show >$500, I gave you one of my bookings which was worth about $80 in additional retail credit to you.
I did make an error in the charge of greater than $4.00 for S&H for a Hostess and I left you $2.23 in an envelope.
Thank you for teaching me a very valuable lesson so early in the development of my business. From here on out, I will no longer do favors for my hostesses - as you have shown me it is not worth it."

Next post, my reply to her.

This was my response to her

Dear {PLG},

I was shocked, to say the least, when I got home yesterday evening to see the note that you left in box at my door. I have no idea what I have done to cause you so much animosity towards me. Was it because I inquired the “balance due” note that you gave to your daughter to give to me? That’s all it was {PLG}, an inquiry, not an accusation. I’m not sure what you read into the e-mail. You are a hard person to get in touch with via the telephone that’s why I asked you to call me. Then you abruptly reply by saying that you are extremely busy at work (I can respect that), no Partylite this week, you will call me next week, which was fine. Then I come home to a venomous note from you and your nasty e-mail to boot!

#1. Did I ever not show appreciation that you “gifted me” a show? I did thank you and told you it was very nice of you to do that, I didn’t ask for it, nor did I really want or need it. I was fulfilling an unspoken obligation of gratitude to you (for being one of my first hosts) as well as helping {neighbor gal} earn her booking bonus.

#2. Yes you did allow a guest “not in attendance” to order the guest special but you also said up front that “a guest is a guest”. Due to the geographical difference, it wasn’t feasible for her to hop on a plane just for my Partylite show. She made an $80 order plus the $7.95 for the sampler, which you seemed to be complacent with at first ($79.85 before t/s/h to be exact…just 15¢ shy of the ability to get 2 of them). Of course I do offer my host’s guest the privilege of ordering the special without question in my business (whether they be at the show or it be an outside order), plus as good customer service I would have offered her the ability to obtain a second sampler set as well without the 15¢.

#3. I never said that $2.23 was a “BIG DEAL” (by the way, your math was wrong…37.09- 36.32 = 77¢) I was confused to why the note I got from you via {DD}clearly states, “Hostess total 38.05 {oot} order 5.32 (yes I agreed to pick up the $5.32 for her) Total $43.37 Paid 37.09 Balance due $6.28 sorry about that”. In my book, that is saying that I still owed you $6.28 and didn’t know why. That was the reason for the inquiry. Never was it a personal attack on you! Nor was there any “whining” on my part about me having to pay to have this shipped to my guest. If you remembered correctly, I am the one that said that I would ship it to her at my expense if need be. Perhaps if you would have taken a moment to list the host’s obligations (i.e. tax on full product value, shipping etc), I might have been clearer on some issues. Your perception of what actually happened is off and could have very well been discussed and resolved in a rational manner had you taken the time to pick up the phone and made personal contact.

If you choose to no longer do business with me, that’s your decision for whatever reason. I am truly sorry you feel that way, however, I know that I have done nothing wrong and believe that if you are that unethical to renege on an agreement (to ship {oot} guest special to her), then so be it….I will make sure she gets it. Let it also be known that I’ve done things for you that I was not required to do (both with Pampered Chef and personally) but did so as a friendly gesture. I found your attitude towards me from the beginning, at times, to be rude, unprofessional and bellicose but as a courtesy to {neighbor gal} and my own integrity, I followed through with my end of the bargain.

I wish you luck in you business. I am sure that you will be successful as long as your future hosts/guests ask you no questions. I have removed you from my newsletter list as you have requested. I owe you $1.46 from the $2.23 that you left in the envelope. You can pick it up at my house (please call ahead). I had no intentions of calling Partylite and lodging a complaint against you, however, I too will cc a copy of this to {PL director} so she can see that there is another side to this. It has definitely been an eye-opening experience for me as well.

Sincerely,
Valerie.

Okay end of story. any thoughts? Thanks again

Last edited:
Uhmmm...let it go and let her fail!

Wow...if this is how she deals with people, somehow I don't see her being very long-term-successful in her business...

WOW, now that is something!!! I would make sure that her director does receive a copy of it. Strange, I don't even know what to say or where to start.:eek:

I think you'll be rid of her now! Perfect response to her "letter", you got your point across without stooping to her level of rudeness! Definately cc her director. and now....bless and release! Oh yeah, and remove her from your mail list!

Wow, I'm sorry you had to deal with all of that.

Like they said - let it go...nothing is worth THAT much effort. There are many other PL consultants if you like their stuff, and PL isn't cheap!!!!

Since she felt so convicted to copy her director, obviously she felt nervous about something....good for you for copying her on the reply. Close the deal and release... You've wished her well, removed her name, your obligation is done.

YIKES! I am so sorry you are going through this Valky- If you now her director I think you have every right to send her "your side"... and I also think you are pretty nice to not contact PL!!

Wow, all I can say is that if I were you, I wouldn't want to do business with her again!! That is horrible, and for her to have CC'ed her director, while she was rudely emailing you..I think that her director will probably have a few thigns to say to her as well.... wow, very nice response though, and I would have copied her director as well! Keep us posted, maybe her director will even email you in apology!

Wow, that is really ridiculous! Bless and release for sure!

Wow! Good for you!!!
I had a host argue with me about why her Host Special and 50% off products didn't get the extra discount from her party level. She started to get beligerent about it so now I put a How Your Host Rewards Program Works flyer in the Host Guide. It's an abbreviated version of the Host Guide. Now no one argues with me about it.

I hope she realizes her mistake and take it as a lesson for her next host. I had a friend in PL who never had a problem with out of town orders... half my guests were out of town orders!

:D Thanks for posting a Past Host/Consultant Horror! ;)

Wow! I'm pretty speechless as well. How ironic that she felt the need to cc her Director when it was HER who sounded like the fool! You were very eloquent and respectful. As stated before, bless and release!

WOW!! Excuse my language but that SUCKS!!! I am so sorry!:eek:

Valarie, I think you handled yourself great! I would bless & release (try), I know it's difficult and remember to breathe!

Thank you guys for your replies. I feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place though. PLG has been a long time friend of my newly acquired neighbor (she moved to the neighborhood 15 months ago). We (neighbor and I) have become "friendly acquaintances" meaning we have nice talks occasionally and have traded favors of feeding each others horses/dogs when needed (I, more often than her because we rarely go anywhere...I have no life LOL). Anyway, next weekend we are going out of state and asked neighbor if she could feed over the weekend and she agreed. However, that was before any of the recent activity took place. I honestly don't know neighbor THAT well and don't know if she is the type to harbor ill feelings towards me because of the fallout. I am supposed to call her Wed. to confirm with her. If she doesn't feed, that is not an issue as I have other options but I am just afraid that now she will turn on me. So you see, I can and will bless and release PLG. I just hope it doesn't carry over to my neighbor.

hopefully PLG lady doesnt say anything to her, I would still call her to make sure everything is still on for the feedings. And I wouldnt say anything to her about PLG.
By the way thanks for the PM on my bday

Oh my! People can take things too personal!! I say good riddance but don't let it affect your relationship with your neighbor.

wow - heck of a story...i do have one questions though...what the heck does "bellicose" mean? Maybe I'm dumb, but I've never heard that word before! Sounds interesting! I think PL is a tad bit of a rip off anyway...an it's a DANG shame that you were treated like that...totally wrong!!! Brush it off...lesson learned - don't ever be like her!!! LOL!!!

No you aren't dumb. It really isn't your run of the mill words. Bellicose means belligerent or hostile temperament which described her manner perfectly. Trust me, it will be brushed off but, in the words of Terri Clark (a country music artist)..."I Just Want To be Mad For Awhile"
Then, I will bless and release.

I wonder what her director thought? Can you imagine if one of your consultants cc'd you one something like that?! I'd about have a heart attack and then I might disown her/him! I'm watching Dr. Phil right now, and he would tell you that NO ONE DESERVES TO BE TREATED THAT WAY! Good for you for not putting up with it! Bless and release. If she badmouths you to the neighbor and the neighbor buys it, she's not the kind of friend you want, anyhow...

Holy Moly. I would be mad for a longer time than a little while. How rude was it to just leave the stuff on the front porch. She didn't have the "guts" to come up and face you so she was a coward and left the note and whatnot. What a jerk! Valky. I think that you did a great job. I wouldn't recommend her to anyone... And if you lose her as a customer, oh well. Let her try to put someone else through that crap... Next time the consultant might not be so nice... Good luck with everything else! PS. I too would cc the director...

WOW! That kind of leaves you speechless, doesn't it!

I would almost be willing to bet she will tell your neighbor about this. I also would almost be willing to bet her neighbor has heard this kind of story from her before. That is a personality trait that doesn't just all of a sudden begin. Finally since this is a personality trait, I would be willing to bet her friend does not hold it against you.

Good luck!
Lisa

Valky, I always look at each situation with "What can I learn from this?" She taught you an awful lot in her behavior, in how NOT to run a business and how NOT to treat your hostesses. Bless and release, and thank her for the education !!!!

Wow - I don't know what to say, except that I'm going to give my own 2 PartyLite consultants hugs the next time I see them. Both are great and have always been so helpful.

Like others have said, bless and release. I think your main concern is the neighbor, because it sounds like she is someone you could become friends with, and let's face it, you have to live by her! Personally, I think I would say something, but try to keep it "general", something like, "Jane, I just wanted to let you know that there were some issues with my PartyLite show with Jill and we didn't end it on good terms. While it's not necessary to bring you into the problem, I just wanted you to know that I value the friendship you and I have and would love to continue to build it. I'd be happy to answer any questions or concerns should Jill mention anything." Like ChefLisa said, your neighbor has probably heard a similar story from this "friend", so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Good luck, and let me know if you ever need a professional PartyLite consultant:D

Diane

Has the Director responded to you?

Has the Director responded to you?

Not as of yet. I know PLG received the e-mail because I put a return receipt request on it. She got it around 5-ish yesterday. Dir either hasn't opened it or didn't return receipt. We shall see.

Goodness! What a mess! I agree with others Bless and Release. And the neighbor has a problem with the situation then she is not the sort of friend you need anyway. But have close friends tht do not like each other - so not agreeing on friends is possible!

Let us know any more responses you get!

Valky
Holy Cow! Wow! I am mortified. She has some serious issues!. Remeber what I said and hope you have fun on your get away!

K

U forgot to mention...
yummy4tummy said:
Dear {PLG},

I was shocked, to say the least, when I got home yesterday evening to see the note that you left in box at my door. I have no idea what I have done to cause you so much animosity towards me. Was it because I inquired the “balance due” note that you gave to your daughter to give to me? That’s all it was {PLG}, an inquiry, not an accusation. I’m not sure what you read into the e-mail. You are a hard person to get in touch with via the telephone that’s why I asked you to call me. Then you abruptly reply by saying that you are extremely busy at work (I can respect that), no Partylite this week, you will call me next week, which was fine. Then I come home to a venomous note from you and your nasty e-mail to boot!

#1. Did I ever not show appreciation that you “gifted me” a show? I did thank you and told you it was very nice of you to do that, I didn’t ask for it, nor did I really want or need it. I was fulfilling an unspoken obligation of gratitude to you (for being one of my first hosts) as well as helping {neighbor gal} earn her booking bonus.

#2. Yes you did allow a guest “not in attendance” to order the guest special but you also said up front that “a guest is a guest”. Due to the geographical difference, it wasn’t feasible for her to hop on a plane just for my Partylite show. She made an $80 order plus the $7.95 for the sampler, which you seemed to be complacent with at first ($79.85 before t/s/h to be exact…just 15¢ shy of the ability to get 2 of them). Of course I do offer my host’s guest the privilege of ordering the special without question in my business (whether they be at the show or it be an outside order), plus as good customer service I would have offered her the ability to obtain a second sampler set as well without the 15¢.

#3. I never said that $2.23 was a “BIG DEAL” (by the way, your math was wrong…37.09- 36.32 = 77¢) I was confused to why the note I got from you via {DD}clearly states, “Hostess total 38.05 {oot} order 5.32 (yes I agreed to pick up the $5.32 for her) Total $43.37 Paid 37.09 Balance due $6.28 sorry about that”. In my book, that is saying that I still owed you $6.28 and didn’t know why. That was the reason for the inquiry. Never was it a personal attack on you! Nor was there any “whining” on my part about me having to pay to have this shipped to my guest. If you remembered correctly, I am the one that said that I would ship it to her at my expense if need be. Perhaps if you would have taken a moment to list the host’s obligations (i.e. tax on full product value, shipping etc), I might have been clearer on some issues. Your perception of what actually happened is off and could have very well been discussed and resolved in a rational manner had you taken the time to pick up the phone and made personal contact.

If you choose to no longer do business with me, that’s your decision for whatever reason. I am truly sorry you feel that way, however, I know that I have done nothing wrong and believe that if you are that unethical to renege on an agreement (to ship {oot} guest special to her), then so be it….I will make sure she gets it. Let it also be known that I’ve done things for you that I was not required to do (both with Pampered Chef and personally) but did so as a friendly gesture. I found your attitude towards me from the beginning, at times, to be rude, unprofessional and bellicose but as a courtesy to {neighbor gal} and my own integrity, I followed through with my end of the bargain.

I wish you luck in you business. I am sure that you will be successful as long as your future hosts/guests ask you no questions. I have removed you from my newsletter list as you have requested. I owe you $1.46 from the $2.23 that you left in the envelope. You can pick it up at my house (please call ahead). I had no intentions of calling Partylite and lodging a complaint against you, however, I too will cc a copy of this to {PL director} so she can see that there is another side to this. It has definitely been an eye-opening experience for me as well.

Sincerely,
Valerie.

Okay end of story. any thoughts? Thanks again

THis is the same PL consultant who had no idea how to set up her web page and Valerie walked her thru that, then the reason I wanted to place an order was to help Valerie but the PLG wanted me to find someone down here in TX to order from. (I'm sure so it was less hassles for PLG) I told Valerie for all I care to shove the candles where the sun didn't shine, why would I want to help PLG out when she's hurt us so much. I wanted to help Valky so that's why. NEVER EVER AGAIN WITH PL.; U WOULD THINK I KNEW BETTER I USE TO SELL IT AND WORKED WITH CUT THROATS ALL THE TIME!!!!

i THOUGHT i WAS THE DUMMY....
pcchris said:
wow - heck of a story...i do have one questions though...what the heck does "bellicose" mean? Maybe I'm dumb, but I've never heard that word before! Sounds interesting! I think PL is a tad bit of a rip off anyway...an it's a DANG shame that you were treated like that...totally wrong!!! Brush it off...lesson learned - don't ever be like her!!! LOL!!!
I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT THAT WORD WAS EITHER.!!!

Unbelievable, Valky. Your response was perfect- dignified and thorough. I'm glad you cc'd her Director.And I'm with Speedy-- I would be utterly HORRIFIED if I received something like this about one of my (future) consultants!Yet another example of someone who does NOT know how to treat people. Thus, she will not be long for this business...

Obviously she's having a bad week! I would be upset too. I know someone that had a Lia Sophia show and the consultant made a $60 error on a guests order & called the host telling her that the customer owed her the money even though the consultant clearly made the error b/c the guest paid at the show. Yikes! My friend told her no she made the mistake and would have to make up the difference b/c the consultant was real crappy to her and she told her she'd hold the show until she got the money. Nasty situation. I don't remember what happend, but that was over a lot more money. I would just find someone else to do business with. If she treats everyone like that she won't be in buisness long.

I think I would try to find a way to cancel that show, and all orders on the show...Then I would bless and release..hehehe

dianevill said:
.......I think your main concern is the neighbor, because it sounds like she is someone you could become friends with, and let's face it, you have to live by her! Personally, I think I would say something, but try to keep it "general", something like, "Jane, I just wanted to let you know that there were some issues with my PartyLite show with Jill and we didn't end it on good terms. While it's not necessary to bring you into the problem, I just wanted you to know that I value the friendship you and I have and would love to continue to build it. I'd be happy to answer any questions or concerns should Jill mention anything." Like ChefLisa said, your neighbor has probably heard a similar story from this "friend", so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Good luck, and let me know if you ever need a professional PartyLite consultant:D

Diane

I totally agree with Diane. You need to at least mention it to her so that you guys are on the same page and she doesn't think you're holding something back from her. I think Diane worded it great. Open, honesty is best. I think the neighbor is your only concern. Good riddens to the PLG. Her biz will never grow treating customers like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to at least mention it to her so that you guys are on the same page and she doesn't think you're holding something back from her. I think Diane worded it great. Open, honesty is best. I think the neighbor is your only concern.

That's pretty much how I feel too. I am with out a doubt sure that PLG DID (or will real soon) say something to my neighbor. I am sure that she will put her owns spin on it but I have all the documentation and witnesses to back up her crazy antics. I really don't want to lose my friendship with my neighbor but I HATE when people paint only half a picture and even more for people to judge without hearing the evidence. Thanks for the advice. We shall see what transpires.

Valky,

Nice reply. You really took the high road. I'd definitely make sure her director gets a copy of your letter so she sees both sides.

Update:PLG forwarded me a message from UPS (I guess) that my shipment was damaged in route. How nice! Of course she added no words to the e-mail. I guess my response to her left her speechless?

Anyway, I took the advice from you guys. My neighbor came over today to get the feeding details. I told her that the PL order was damaged in transit but I could not tell her when the replacement stuff would be shipped. (that would require communication LOL) Then I said that I knew that she & PLG were dear friends but for whatever reason, we didn't end up on good terms. I did not want to drag her into the middle of it but I just thought she should know that IF/When PLG says anything to remember there is another side to the story. And as you guessed, she told me that there was a time that she & PLG weren't such good friends. They didn't talk for 6 months because of her behavior. I just left it at that. She said she understood and was really nice about it. Just from her initial reaction though, I could tell that PLG HAD said something. Se la vie (sp?)

HmmmmI have learned that there are some real psychopaths out there who actually think they can make no mistakes, or blame others for any mistakes they do make. They never find fault in themselves and insist that they are always the victims.
definition of psychopath - A person with an antisocial personality disorder, manifested in aggressive, perverted, criminal, or amoral behavior without empathy or remorse.

It's sad but we do learn from situations like this. At least you know what type of person she is and never to do business with her again. Good job on clearing your name with her director and writing back to clarify the situation to her. In her fantasy world she really does think that you were being unreasonable, instead of looking at the facts.

Ok that's the psychology lesson for today...LOL

Debbie :D

1. What is the additional amount owed for the Pampered Chef order?

The additional amount owed is $6.28.

2. What were the original calculations for the order total?

The original calculations for the order total were $137.85 for product choices, minus $132.91 for the shopping spree, leaving a balance of -$4.94. Adding in the $11.95 for the host special and $4.00 for shipping, the total should have been $11.95 + $4.94 = $16.89. With tax, this comes to $22.30. The additional $5.32 was for the consultant's booking, making the total $27.62. However, the consultant was paid $37.09.

3. What favor did the consultant claim to have done for the Pampered Chef hostess?

The consultant claimed to have given the hostess an additional $79.74 in retail credit by providing a booking that she did not earn on her own.

4. What was the issue with the out of town guest's order?

The out of town guest was able to order a special for guests only in attendance, and the consultant allowed her to do so. However, the hostess was charged for the balance of the order, and the consultant offered to ship it to the guest at the hostess's cost.

5. How did the consultant respond to the hostess's email?

The consultant sent a lengthy email stating that she would no longer do favors for the hostess, as she felt taken advantage of and blamed for making a mistake in charging for shipping. She also mentioned copying her leader on the email to cover her own potential complaint to Partylite.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Eftilly
  • Shawnna