• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help a Friend in Need: Should I Bring My Catalog Tote?

In summary, the conversation revolves around whether it is appropriate to bring a Pampered Chef (PC) catalog tote to a friend's Mary Kay (MK) team meeting. Some members suggest wearing a PC shirt instead, while others believe it is acceptable to bring the tote as it is a natural item to carry around. There is also discussion about the potential heavy recruiting tactics used by MK consultants and the contrast between MK and PC's business practices. Ultimately, the general consensus is that it is not inappropriate to bring the PC tote to the MK meeting.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
I didn't know where to put this so I figured this was the best place.

A friend of mine is just starting to sell MK. Tomorrow is her first team meeting..she asked me to go with because she needs to bring someone to do facial stuff on.

I would not be flaunting it or anything. But would it be tacky if I carry my catalog tote?

I know that there has been discussion about this pertaining to going to other DS parties..but this is not a party..it is her team meeting..What do you all think. May be a stupid question. One of my things is I don't want these ladies trying to recruit me..LOL..I am just going to help a friend.

I'd wear a PC shirt instead.... :)

Well, I know that MK consultants always at least wear their pin to any PC or other parties they attend so I don't see why you can't carry or wear a logo item. I just wouldn't bring it up unless someone starts the conversation and then I'd say something like "yes I am a PC consultant. Let's talk after the meeting and I'll give you my info." Then be sure to do that and get HER info.

I do not think you should leave it at home. You are out and about, before and after so carrying it would be a natural thing to do. So what if your purse, has an ad on it! I had a TW lady ask me to come to her meeting. I took my tote! She actually was not surprised to see it either. Nor were the three ladies who asked me for catalogs afterwards! I even got a booking from one of them. They know it goes with the territory.

Just be prepared for a HEAVY recruiting spiel towards you. They say it's just for practice, but in reality, it's all about recruiting. MK has some very deceptive recruiting practices, IMO. (been there, done that - speaking from personal experience with MK'ers.)

I totally agree Becky! That was the full intention of my TW lady when she invited me to their meeting. Luckily I figured it out before hand and I did go in with an open mind. I just listened to the "details" rather than the hype and realized how much out of pocket money it costs to start with them. Not the kit but when you walk into the building, there are racks of discontinued items and such that the TW people purchase as Host gifts and guest gifts. They were only marked down by about 10%! I thanked my luck stars that PC does not make us buy our Host and Guest gifts!

I don't think it's every inappropriate to bring your PC bag. After all, it's your bag. Yes, it's advertising. A shirt is a little more obvious and on purpose. However, you mentioned these are all MK people so you aren't trying to steal sales away. Good luck!

I went to a Madison Handbag Party back in the spring and I brought my tote bag. Then again- I bring my tote bag EVERYWHERE b/c it's literally my purse. I can't carry a bunch of bags everywhere I go- I have 3 kids 3 and under, it's a miracle I manage to remember my tote. LOL

Anyway- the consultant from that show ending up booking from me- and I booked from her too- I'm having my show in November. I would say to bring your tote- it's not going to hurt anything.

I try not to have my PC shirt on when I go to another DS show, but I always carry my PC tote. That's my purse. So, I agree with the others that it's not tacky at all.

1. What is the "Help a Friend in Need" program?

The "Help a Friend in Need" program is a special promotion through Pampered Chef that allows you to support a friend in need by hosting a virtual cooking party or sharing your catalog with them.

2. How can I participate in the "Help a Friend in Need" program?

To participate, simply fill out the "Help a Friend in Need" form on our website with your information and your friend's information. We will then send you a special link to share with your friend so they can shop and support your party.

3. Should I bring my catalog tote to my friend's house?

Yes, we highly recommend bringing your catalog tote to your friend's house for the party. This will allow your friend and their guests to browse and shop from the physical catalog, which can be more convenient for some people.

4. Can I still earn host rewards if I participate in the "Help a Friend in Need" program?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards through the "Help a Friend in Need" program. When your friend and their guests make purchases through your party link, you will earn rewards based on the total sales.

5. Can I participate in the "Help a Friend in Need" program multiple times?

Yes, you can participate in the "Help a Friend in Need" program as many times as you would like. This is a great opportunity to support multiple friends in need and earn host rewards each time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMary412
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Bill Faber
Replies
Views
tvwalsh72
  • ms_twana
  • General Chat
Replies