• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Gets My Friends After I Sign On?

you know... actually gave me their email. If they don't want to get my newsletter, they can unsubscribe at any time. As for your director going through and removing them from her record.. yes she can. If they were actually AT your show.. she has a right to send stuff untill they ask her to stop. If they did not attend your show, she cannot. It might open up a can of worms, but if you can find a nice way to do it.. I'd explain that you had given her those address for invitations to your show, not to be put on her mailing list. Could she please remove them. ..... maybe joke with her and tell her although we are MUCH
ms_twana
Okay, my neighbor told me that she's been receiving emails from my director. That completely threw me off because I haven't given her info to my director. I asked her if maybe my director did the other show that she attended years ago and she said no. We finally realized that it was because my neighbor was on my guest list (she didn't actually attend) when I hosted a show (before I signed on). So, at this point my director is sending emails to all of my friends.

Would it be tacky for me to ask for all of those friends? I need to send them things, and if both of us are sending them things, they probably won't want to purchase from either of us. How do I go about having this convo with my director? I mean, I sent her a list of 40 contacts. I'm sure there's no easy way for her to go through and remove them from her system. :confused:

Personally, and I'm sure there are plenty of people who will tell me if they think I'm wrong, I don't think anyone should be sending advertising emails to customers off your invitation list without that persons permission.

I operate under the assumption that is someone doesn't personally give me their email address knowing I am going to send them information, then I shouldn't be sending them information.

Am I wrong here people?

Some people assume that if I give you my email address I'm inviting you to email me your newsletter, blasts, etc. I'm not one of that group. I always ask. That said, there's nothing at all wrong, ms_twana, with your friends letting your director know they'd prefer not to receive emails.Receiving emails, though, doesn't mean that any of those people are going to be doing business with your director instead of you. I know, for instance, that several of the people who receive my newsletter now do business with consultants on my team. They like the stuff they get from me, but they're loyal to their friend or family member.

pcsharon1 said:
personally, and i'm sure there are plenty of people who will tell me if they think i'm wrong, i don't think anyone should be sending advertising emails to customers off your invitation list without that persons permission.

I operate under the assumption that is someone doesn't personally give me their email address knowing i am going to send them information, then i shouldn't be sending them information.

Am i wrong here people?

i completely agree with you!

That is the whole reason ppl get cautious about giving us their friends' information. They don't want to accidentally sign them up for unsolicited calls/emails. Unless someone personally gives me their info, I NEVER put them on the list.

As for your director going through and removing them from her record.. yes she can. If they were actually AT your show.. she has a right to send stuff untill they ask her to stop. If they did not attend your show, she cannot. It might open up a can of worms, but if you can find a nice way to do it.. I'd explain that you had given her those address for invitations to your show, not to be put on her mailing list. Could she please remove them. ..... maybe joke with her and tell her although we are MUCH better than, say, Target, you would never go to Target and put all 40 of your friends on their e-newsletter without them knowing. So you can't in good concious do it with Pampered Chef either.
Good luck with that :)

Yeah, see that kind of threw me off, too. Since my neighbor wasn't at the show, that meant she is probably sending stuff to my entire guest list.

when i explain my door prize drawing slips i say that if they give me their email address they'll get my once-a-month newsletter and that they can unsubscribe at any time. so if a past host joined, the guests from her show would potentially still get my newsletter. in which case they would just have to unsubscribe from mine. but i NEVER send info to guests who were invited, but never attended!

pcsharon1 said:
Personally, and I'm sure there are plenty of people who will tell me if they think I'm wrong, I don't think anyone should be sending advertising emails to customers off your invitation list without that persons permission.

I operate under the assumption that is someone doesn't personally give me their email address knowing I am going to send them information, then I shouldn't be sending them information.

Am I wrong here people?

I totally agree! I never add anyone to my newsletter list that wasn't specifically at the party or placed an outside or order and personally gave me their email address.

That being said there should be some where on the email that allows them to opt out. If not, your neighbor should simply reply that she would like to be taken off the newsletter list.

As for who gets your friends, while it's up to them who they choose to do business with, they are your friends and family. Your director should be letting them do business with you. Now that doesn't mean I don't have people's email addresses from shows I did with them before their friend chose to sign that still get my newsletter. Unless they opt out they will always get a newsletter from me.

I agree too. I do not add people that didn't order from me even when they were invited via my website. Not my place to use those emails uless the guest said they want my e-newsletter and I always give them an opt-out. In fact I tell them that they can opt-out any time. I say it will hurt my feelings for a minute but then I'll get over it. That always brings a chuckle.

If someone signs at or right after their party, I do not add those that attend their party to my e-newsletter list but I do not go back and delete anyone that was already there. Those guests are going to order from their friend and I have had several times that a guest or consultant will tell me that an order was placed or a party was booked with the downline consultant because of something in my newsletter - that makes me happy! I want to help my team!

Remember, too, that some consultants don't stay consultants and their friends that are already on my list are reminded each month that, while their friend isn't selling anymore, they still have a consultant - me.

I'm with the majority on this one- I do not put anyone from a Guest list on my email list. I save that for someone who specifically gives me their email address (like mentioned earlier- knowing they'll get Recipes each month), or who does business with me through an order, drawings, etc.
My former HD does the "grab all of the names from the guest-list" trick. I don't like it. I figure- if it's something I wouldn't want someone doing TO ME, then I won't do it to someone else.Not sure how I'd handle the thing with your director though. I think if you have an opportunity in conversation with her to bring up the fact that you are setting up your newsletter and email lists, and are going to be including your past guests, etc....maybe it will open the door of communication (or a lightbulb may go off in her mind). Hopefully, she'll understand it IS just as beneficial to HER if YOU put them on your list and do business with them, than if she does. She's a stranger to them, you are not. WHo are they going to do business with? Worst case- you ask your friends if they would like to receive your newsletter with info and recipes, etc. They say "yes", and then they can unsubscribe from the Director's on their own. That's probably what I'd do....course, I hate confrontation anyway! :)Good luck.

I don't use email addresses from guest lists either. It looks like your director does that, so she probably has forgotten that your list of friends was added as it sounds like you joined after you had a party.

You should just tell your director that some of your contacts have brought up the fact that they're receiving notices from both you and her. She should be fine with the comment and get that this is now your base of contacts. It's fairly common practice. Being that she's your director and recruiter , you should have a fairly open form of communication and it shouldn't be a problem.

All she has to do to remove the contacts is go back to your guest list and remove. Not a big effort...shouldn't take more that 5-10minutes.

HTH

raebates said:
Receiving emails, though, doesn't mean that any of those people are going to be doing business with your director instead of you. I know, for instance, that several of the people who receive my newsletter now do business with consultants on my team. They like the stuff they get from me, but they're loyal to their friend or family member.

I talked with my director today, and she basically said the same thing as you (and some others). She said that my neighbor can just ask her to remove her. But she also pointed out that there are several others in her downline that she duplicates emails with. So, I'm not going to worry about it anymore. If any of my friends complain that they're receiving too many, I'll just tell them to remove her!! LOL!!

Thanks!!!

1. Who gets my friends after I sign on?

After you sign on with Pampered Chef, you will still have full control over your own friends. No one will take them away from you.

2. Will my friends be bombarded with sales pitches?

No, your friends will not be bombarded with sales pitches. As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the option to invite your friends to your parties and events, but it is ultimately up to you to decide how often and in what way you want to communicate with them.

3. Can I still hang out with my friends without talking about Pampered Chef?

Of course! Signing on with Pampered Chef does not mean that you can only talk to your friends about the company. You are still able to have regular conversations and hang out with them without mentioning Pampered Chef at all.

4. What if my friends don't want to buy anything from me?

That's completely okay! Your friends are not obligated to buy anything from you. As a Pampered Chef consultant, it is important to respect your friends' decisions and not pressure them into purchasing anything.

5. Can I still be friends with people who are also Pampered Chef consultants?

Of course! Being a Pampered Chef consultant does not limit your ability to make friends with other consultants. In fact, it can be a great opportunity to connect with like-minded individuals and support each other in your businesses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BlueMoon
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies