• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rolling Tote: Struggling to Use without Breaking Stuff? HELP!

In summary, the TTA tote and rolling crate may help to avoid breaking items when transporting them. The tote is also collapsible for easier storage.
merego
Happy Easter Everyone :)

Do any of you have the rolling tote and if so, how the heck does it work without all your stuff falling and breaking?? If it is laying flat I get it, but once you put it upward to roll it everything would fall and break.

A friend of a friend gave me hers since she quit selling PC and It looks like it is either missing something or maybe I am just stupid??:confused:

I really want to use it b/c I am a teeny tiny gal with a really bad back but I don't want all my stuff to break. HELP!!!!! :)

There is an insert with pockets--sounds like yours is missing.For me, the thing gets too heavy when full so I stopped using it.

I couldn't live w/o mine.
It sounds like your may be missing the padded pockety insert.

Are they velcro? It looks like my other bag would fit inside but that doesn't make sense.
Also there was a collapsible crate, what is that for?

It was free so I am not complaining, just confused.

I agree, I couldn't live without mine either. I actually took out the padded insert with pockets and just wrap breakables with towels. I also put my TTA in the TTA tote and then lay it on it's side in there, so there really isn't much room for things to fall. I find that with the insert out I can bring everything I need in just the rolling tote, and it's not too heavy. So it and a shoulder bag with my catalogs and other paper supplies is all I bring to shows. Very easy!

merego said:
Are they velcro? It looks like my other bag would fit inside but that doesn't make sense.
Also there was a collapsible crate, what is that for?

It was free so I am not complaining, just confused.
Nope, it zippers in and is the size of the tote itself.

What is TTA??

:confused: Ok, so do you wrap eveything and load it all standing up and put it in your car that way? Does it never lay flat? This is where I am confused or maybe I am just not getting it?? :( Are you all thinking, what an idiot??

I have the crate, I use that and the Tool Turn About (TTA) tote to carry all my supplies in.

I have a TTA ( 2 of them actually) and the TTA carrier which I love.
I am just staring at this stupid thing and I just don't see how it will work. Maybe I should go to bed and re-group in the morning?? :)

Meridith, do you have the rolling tote that sort of looks like a suitcase? There was an older style rolling tote, before the current one. From what I had heard, that style was very awkward to use. The current rolling tote looks like a square box, with a pullman handle. When the handle is up, you can lift the lid and it will stay up magnetically for you. Then there is a pocket insert that zippers to the inside, or you can choose to go without. I actually switched to the new "new consultant tote" and get everything I need in there. I can carry the whole bag on my shoulder. The rolling tote is so heavy empty, then put a few things in, yeeesh.

ChefLoriG said:
Meridith, do you have the rolling tote that sort of looks like a suitcase? There was an older style rolling tote, before the current one. From what I had heard, that style was very awkward to use. The current rolling tote looks like a square box, with a pullman handle. When the handle is up, you can lift the lid and it will stay up magnetically for you. Then there is a pocket insert that zippers to the inside, or you can choose to go without. I actually switched to the new "new consultant tote" and get everything I need in there. I can carry the whole bag on my shoulder. The rolling tote is so heavy empty, then put a few things in, yeeesh.
Oh, that would make sense why you said about it laying flat first, then standing up. Sorry, I have the newer one that looks like a box. Although I do load it on it's wheels then lay it on the back (where the pocket with the adjusting buttons is) when I put it in the trunk and everything is fine, doesn't really even shift around.

I stopped using mine. Too heavy! What I use now is from Office Depot. The rolling crate with a lid. Then I stack another small container on top. My Chiro loves me using two smaller containers rather than one large.
dja

I don't use mine either. It's sitting in my office full of stuff! I couldn't get it into my little car.... :(

Do you think it is worth getting the new one with my PC bucks?
It is the older one. I was looking through some of my paperwork and saw the new one compared to this one. My tote fits in it but it would all still fall if I lifted it up to roll it. The only extra item I carry with me is the deep covered baker so it is not like I have all this extra stuff with me. I can barely carry the tote, I need some kind of rolling device. I walk a few steps then have to put it down, I am a weakling :( I am going to look into the rolling crate device from office max that was mentioned also.

Meredith - I use the rolling case and happen to love it - but like Colleen mentioned, its large and doesn't fit in everyones car (I have a Surburban so it does nicely) - I would go to office max or staples and get their rolling carts - they hold alot and are only like 20 dollars or so - I also used them when I first started - to save my back some pain - after they are unpacked you can put a towel over it and use it to display products if needed!

Great thanks, I have a minivan so space is not an issue as far as my car goes. I just couldn't figure out how to keep everything in place when I lifted the tote up to roll it, plus my poor back. My DH said to do something b/c he is tired of listening to me complain about my back and asking for backrubs :)

pjpamchef said:
I stopped using mine. Too heavy! What I use now is from Office Depot. The rolling crate with a lid. Then I stack another small container on top. My Chiro loves me using two smaller containers rather than one large.
dja

I have been looking for one like this but can not for the life of me locate one!!! I have searched the office max and depot websites!

How much was it? If you don't mind sharing...

I got one at Costco for about $30. (Canadian) Check Sam's and Wal Mart if you have them.

If you watch the Office Depot ads, it is often $14. Like the other post, I too use it as a display table after I've emptied out of it what I need. The microfiber towels fit perfectly. I have a pink HWC one from a few years back, I will use it to show off the products in May! I actually have two and sometimes set them next to each other for a larger display area.

Related to Rolling Tote: Struggling to Use without Breaking Stuff? HELP!

1. How do I properly organize my items in the rolling tote to prevent breakage?

To prevent breakage, it is important to properly organize your items in the rolling tote. Use the dividers and adjustable straps to secure your items in place. Place heavier items at the bottom and lighter items on top. Use bubble wrap or packing paper for fragile items.

2. Can the rolling tote hold heavy items without breaking?

Yes, the rolling tote is designed to hold heavy items without breaking. However, it is important to distribute the weight evenly and secure items in place using the dividers and adjustable straps. Avoid overloading the tote with too much weight.

3. Is the rolling tote durable enough for frequent use?

Yes, the rolling tote is made with high-quality materials and is designed for frequent use. It is durable and can withstand the weight of heavy items. However, proper organization and distribution of weight is important to prevent any potential damage.

4. How can I prevent my rolling tote from tipping over while in use?

To prevent the rolling tote from tipping over, make sure to properly distribute the weight and secure items in place using the dividers and adjustable straps. Also, make sure the tote is on a flat surface and the handle is fully extended for better stability.

5. Can I use the rolling tote for other purposes besides transporting Pampered Chef products?

Yes, the rolling tote can be used for other purposes besides transporting Pampered Chef products. It is a versatile and durable tote that can be used for grocery shopping, carrying work materials, or even as a travel bag. Just make sure to distribute the weight evenly and secure items in place.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • mrssyvo
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
  • nsmith