• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ack, I Could Put This in 3 Different Places...

In summary, this show sounds like it will be a lot of fun. The host is expecting a big crowd and some guests that may be interested in booking shows. She has also mentioned that the guests will be a diverse group with a lot of laughs. This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in learning more about PC cooking.
jackieblue
So I have a show this Saturday. Big whoop, right? It kind of is, because I don't do many shows and the host has informed me that she will be very surprised if there are fewer than 20 people. She expects more. She also mentioned that some of the guests *really* like PC and some may be interested in booking shows. She said it will be a great group with a lot of laughs. I am seeking your expert advice/opinions/feedback in a few areas. Here are a few more deets:

1. I am demo-ing Rush Hour Chicken Fajitas (she is a very healthy eater) She will purchase ingredients. I am going to suggest she pick up a bunch of small wraps and also lettuce (and dressing?) in case anyone wants it on a salad. I figure the demo can be short and easy, and I can use the mandoline. The recipe is quick enough that I can still show other stuff if I want to. I plan to bring holiday stuff with me to show off (cookbook, plates, etc)

2. She will purchase bread and I will make dipping oils.

3. I plan to make and bring Janet's famous pb chocolate trifle (at least I think I will, I have to look at the recipe when I can since I can't get to .doc files using this computer) I am paying for it. I have never done that, but I want to show off the trifle bowl before the holidays and this just seems like a nice thing to do (assuming there really will be a crowd).

Some questions:
-Is there anything funny or fun you can do for a really big group to engage them? Ideas are welcome!!

-Any great ways to encourage people to do shows in such a large group (other than the usual, of course) :)

-Any advice for sharing "the opportunity" in a big crowd? I think I do ok with that, but I have signed nobody so perhaps not. ;)

-I usually only do one thing for the drawing. Should I be giving away more at a larger show?

-Also, I have never brought my DCB to a show, and I hope to sell some! I no longer have the box (had this since before I was a consultant) so any ideas about how to lug it around without breaking it are welcome too.

I know I shouldn't have my hopes up too high, but it really does sound like a bigger group. I have a friend who is close with her and says she knows more people than anyone else she (the friend) knows. I am aiming for cutting down the demo time, but showing off some of the products I love and hope they will too.

ANY general advice/feedback/info would be appreciated. My ideas/plans are based on theory and little experience, and I know there are a LOT of you who have experience to spare. Thanks!

Jackie

p.s. I hope this post even makes sense! I have been writing it for hours on and off in very short increments while doing many other things that kept pulling me away!

Well, sounds like you have a big show coming up!! Good for you. It also sounds like you have some PC vetrans.. this is my suggestion:
Start by welcoming the group as one big group. Tell them how the show is going to work and show them a few products that need explained or a little more demo time. But then divide them into 2 groups. One for desserts and one for dinner. Have everything
laid out for each station before hand along with the recipes.
Tell them it is a race to see which group can finish first with the recipe done correct.

Once they are done, have them congregate together again and finish up with talking of cookware, the DCB/stoneware. then go to your booking commercial and recruiting commercial. do a door prize drawing and you are done!

This is the format I have used for large groups. It is a bit chaotic, but fun. Everyone gets to participate. There should be one person reading the recipe and you bounce back and forth explaining things where need be! If there is something that you need the whole qroup to see... stop it all and get their attention! Show them!

Anyhow, just my way of doing things. Good luck!!

i place a towel in the bottom of the dcp and place the lid upside down in the top. No clanking that way :)

I do the interactive shows too. The host is aware in advance. Before the show, I lay out all the tools and a printout of the recipe. When the show starts, I introduce myself and explain that this is an interactive show where THEY get to touch the tools and actually make the recipe. It's my theory that if they can't go home & do it again, what's the point in coming ... right???I tell them which recipes we are making today (2 or 3) and tell them that it's first come, on which one they get to do. I sometimes have people actually racing from their chair so they can pick the recipe they want! I invite everyone to come & wash their hands so we can get started.I also bounce back & forth between the two groups giving them helpful hints on the tools.When they are waiting on something quick in the microwave, we can just chat about the tool they just used, etc. When they are actually done for a few minutes (like waiting on something to cook), we move back to the sitting area and they can flip through the catalog & we chat about the different products.It's a HUGE hit. I just recently learned the importance of host coaching to get the crowd there ... but since I've made that change my show average has jumped from $543.70 to $914.81!!! The hosts LOVE it! Three of the last 9 shows have been over $1,000 ($1,364.77, $1,346.75 & $1,215.54).I'm a TRUE believer in the interactive shows. And it works really well with crowds. They get super nosy and start asking the next crowd what they are doing as well. Every guest has a printout of all the recipes that we are doing to take home as well. That way, if they didn't help make it but liked it, they can go home & do it again. I've had lots of compliments on that as well.And I agree with using the towel (or one of the cookware protectors) to help cushion the DCB. Potholders work well between it & another item too.

I have done shows with large crowds. My advice is to go with the flow. I have had a hard time doing a demo and having them really pay attention. I think Charity presented a great option. As far as recruiting, do it in the beginning. You could lose these people 1/2 way thru. I have one group where I put someone in charge of tickets and noise control. I always have a great time with a large group, but it does get a little chaotic! Just remember: If they are having fun, then you are doing your job!

And, yes, you should have your hopes high!

Thanks so much for the great ideas! I was planning on bringing the trifle already made, but that is definitely something to think about. In the past I have done some shows interactive and some not. What I have ended up with is a model where I do most things but have people try some of the tools (I sell a LOT of whisks by having other people try, and I sell a lot of microplanes by demoing myself). "Go with the flow" really does sound like the way to go! (and Sheila...WOW on the numbers!)

I just had a show with 21 guests. Honestly, they paid attention well. I didn't go interactive because the space didn't really lend itself well to that. One big change I make with large shows is that I don't have the guests introduce themselves. I talk to people as they arrive, but I skip the intros during the show. I announce, "This is where I'd usually have everyone introduce themselves. However, since we have such a large crowd tonight we'd probably be here til 10:30, and I don't think anyone wants that." It gets a laugh, lets people know that I usually do the introductions, and keeps the show moving.

What is "Ack, I Could Put This in 3 Different Places..."?

"Ack, I Could Put This in 3 Different Places..." is a popular recipe book from Pampered Chef that features versatile recipes that can be used in multiple dishes.

What types of recipes are included in "Ack, I Could Put This in 3 Different Places..."?

The book includes recipes for appetizers, main dishes, and desserts, all of which can be used in three different ways.

Can I use these recipes with Pampered Chef products?

Yes, these recipes are specifically designed to be used with Pampered Chef products, but can also be adapted for use with other kitchen tools.

Are there any vegetarian or vegan options in "Ack, I Could Put This in 3 Different Places..."?

Yes, there are several vegetarian and vegan recipes included in the book, as well as options for gluten-free and dairy-free diets.

Can I purchase "Ack, I Could Put This in 3 Different Places..." online?

Yes, you can purchase the book online through the Pampered Chef website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. It is also available at select retail stores.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefLisa
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cookingwith_tara
  • milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies