• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Can Not Beleive I Am Intimidated By....

In summary, this rolling PC case is totally nuts and I received it yesterday. I opened it up this morning and I have no idea what to do with it. I would like to use it for my show tonight, but I don't know where to start. I would like to use just this rolling case, with the consultant tote that slides on the handle, but then I have my lap top, TTA tote, etc. and after hearing your stories about it being to heavy,
mrssyvo
my new rolling PC case. This is totally NUTS!!!!! I received it yesterday, and after opening it this morning, I have no idea what to do with it!!!! I must be losing it!!! I opened it up, and saw all of these pockets inside, and OUTSIDE!!!!! I have a show tonight, and I want to use it, but I do not know where to start. I would like to use just this rolling case, with the consultant tote that slides on the handle, but then, I have my lap top, TTA tote, etc. And, after hearing your stories about it being to heavy, and the handle breaking, I am overwhelmed!!!! (LOL)

You know, I gave birth to 2 children, raised them on my own, got married at 40, to a man set in his ways, and I am building a strong team, I should be able to handle this!!!!! Ok, breath deep!!!!! Think stratigically, I can do this, I know I can do this!!!!! HELP!!!!!! Anyway, I have been doing the fajitas in my DCP for the last couple months, so I have the DCP, and some SA pieces I take. Does anyone who has this case, and uses it have some pointers for me?

Thanks for the laugh! I don't own one, so I cannot help!

I like it better without the pockets. you can zip the liner out.

Sue - relax and keep breathing... I know you can do this!!

I can't help either since I don't have one - but you must have really kicked butt in the "it's in the bag" points to have gotten this bag. You can conquer it - just think of all you've accomplished this year - you won't let this bag get the best of you!

Think of what you want to bring and start there. Begin filling pockets with the essentials for your recipe and then see how heavy it is. If all the products aren't too heavy, start putting your paperwork in some more pockets and then check the weight again...

Fill it until you get to the weight you want. And maybe your TTA will fit in it?

Good luck and have a great party tonight!

I Love mine, but I don't use it if my host has stairs.

Get the items that you will need for your show together and then put smaller items in the pockets to protect them. In the center section put lighter weight things. The outside pockets can hold cookbooks and other flat things. There's no "correct" way to pack it - it's what works for you for today. You may not find a use for all the pockets but that's okay. Pick up the bag to check that it's still liftable. Put the heavier items in the carry all - it doesn't hold as much so it should still be liftable. The TTA should fit in one of those two bags or just carry it separately.

As far as the handle is concerned, don't try to lift the bag by the handle and it should be fine. Use the straps that come with the bag to lift it. Also, take the tote off the rolling bag when lifting them. It's great to be able to put the sleeve over the handle and bring both into the house at the same time but it's too much stress on you and on the rolling bag to LIFT them together.

check out another thread we had awhile back several of us posted the ways we use ours. I will always replace mine if it breaks. it looks professional (get many comments from hosts and guests about that). IF you load it where its evenly distributed it really isn't that bad.
my sheet pans &/or bar pan fit perfectly in the bottom (I did unzip the inside piece),

It is nice to have; though I've been using mine less lately. I have a bad habit of filling it too full. And yes, be careful when using the handle. I'm on my second one because the first one broke. (they DO warranty it for a year though!)

Ok - here's the gyst of what I do:

Cutting Board & lg stone in the front exterior flap pocket
8" skillet in exterior side pocket
batter bowl on bottom
lay a MF towel in BB and place smaller bowl inside
RUFTH trivet in small flat interior pocket
Prep/Pinch Bowls in loose small interior pocket
Spices in big interior pocket
oils and kitch spritzer in interior side pockets
I lay UM and Sheet pan on top inside...
All other small things go inside wherever they can fit

Thank you guys so much. I am going to take notes, and then tackle the beast.

I just received mine 2 days ago and haven't even taken it out the box yet due to the same fear!
LOL
I'll be taking notes too, and I have a show tomorrow so I'll get to it this afternoon and check it out!

Chefsteph, Thank you for posting. It feels good to know I am not the only one !

You are definitely not the only one, I have been debating about getting it, because I didn't want it to seem like I was lugging a big suitcase to my shows..I had to look at my director's rolling case to see if it was something I'd be interested in...it's nice...just have to get mine out of the box though!

Well, I am so proud of myself- I just added piece by piece, and it worked very well. I left the liner in, and I was actually able put my TTA in the tote, along with DCP, and the rectangle SA platter. I think I will also be able to put my laptop in it, in the padded envelope. I will still have to carry my brown/black tote with paperwork, but I think it looks so much more professional.

1. How can I overcome my fear of cooking and become more confident in the kitchen?

It's normal to feel intimidated by cooking, but the best way to overcome your fear is to start with simple recipes and gradually work your way up. Don't be afraid to make mistakes and learn from them. You can also take a cooking class or watch instructional videos to build your skills and confidence.

2. I am intimidated by using kitchen gadgets and tools. How can I learn to use them effectively?

Using kitchen gadgets and tools can be daunting, but the key is to read the instructions and start with basic recipes. Practice makes perfect, so don't be afraid to experiment and try new techniques. You can also reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for tips and tricks on using our products.

3. I have a fear of hosting dinner parties. How can I overcome this and make it an enjoyable experience?

Hosting a dinner party can seem overwhelming, but the key is to plan ahead and stay organized. Make a list of tasks and delegate responsibilities to your guests, if possible. Keep the menu simple and don't be afraid to ask for help. Remember, the most important thing is to have fun and enjoy the company of your guests.

4. I am intimidated by trying new recipes. How can I expand my cooking repertoire?

Trying new recipes can be intimidating, but the key is to start with familiar ingredients and flavors. Look for recipes that have step-by-step instructions and don't be afraid to make adjustments based on your personal taste. You can also join a cooking club or swap recipes with friends to expand your repertoire.

5. I am hesitant to use certain ingredients in my cooking. How can I overcome this fear and experiment with new flavors?

Using new ingredients can be intimidating, but the best way to overcome this fear is to start with small amounts and gradually increase as you become more comfortable. Don't be afraid to try new spices, herbs, or sauces to add flavor to your dishes. You can also look for recipes that use these ingredients and follow them closely to build your confidence.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lt1jane
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • thehaleykitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kaseydee