• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dirty Dishes & Rolling Totes: A Solution

In summary, the rolling tote is good for taking products to shows, but it's not great for transporting dirty dishes. The old style crate is better for that purpose.
Kelly8
For those of you who use the rolling tote to take your products to shows, how do you deal with your dirty dishes (I don't and won't do dishes at my hosts' houses). Currently, I use the old style crate for my kit. I put a trash bag on the bottom, throw my dirties in there, and then take them home and wash them. I use the new big bag that comes in the kit for my display stuff. Then I have an old conference bag I use for catalogs and my briefcase. Just seems like I could downsize quite a bit if I use the rolling tote, but I have no idea how to get the dirties home then.

Rubbermaid bucket thingie

Ok, I guess I'm trying to eliminate a crate. lOl! I just repacked it and put it plastic grocery bags-a few of them-and then I'll just wrap up the products in those. We'll see-I don't have many coming to this show today, so it'll be a good practice run (trying to turn a negative into a positive).

I got a rolling crate from Staples. When I go to shows, I have a big accordion folder that all my paperwork goes into it, catalogs, tool turnabout, tickets for ticket game, and cookbooks that go in the crate (and the DCB when I need it for the show). I then put the big black bag that we get when we become consultants on top. There is a pocket on the back of the crate that I put my computer in too! On the way home, dirty dishes are in the crate and most of the stuff that was in the crate is now in the black bag save for the folder which is plastic, so I can wipe it off. I love this set up because there is only one trip which is great!

My AD has a rubbermaid (10 gallon), that she cut so it has tall handles. When I see her later, I'll take a picture of it.

It fits into the bottom of her rolling crate, so there's nothing "extra".

That would be awesome to see a pic of that! Thanks!

Kelly - just a word of advice....

The rolling tote isn't so great in MI. weather. Most of my shows, I am dealing with rain, snow, or mud....and then, I ended up having to carry the tote to keep the wheels from getting all yucky. If I didn't - then I couldn't take it into the hosts home....and then I also didn't want to put it into the back of my vehicle like that. It ended up being a huge pain. I only use my rolling tote for Vendor events now.

Becky, I think you're absolutely right. I took it yesterday to my show to try it out. It wasn't all that great. I'm so used to just throwing my items into an open crate. Now I literally had to repack and put bags around the dirties so the dishes didn't get my bag all dirty. And then, you're right on about the weather. As you know, it was pretty snowy and wet in Michigan last night which did make the tote pretty difficult as to where to put it and all that. I originally had it all packed with vendor events stuff too (door prize slips, brochures, old catalogs, tablecloth) so it would be easier to go to events. So I think I'm back to the old crate!

I don't have the same weather issues here, but I absolutely LOVE the crate! I put all the dishes in the crate and the paperwork in the carry bag that came with the new consultant kit on top & roll it all into the host's house in one big trip. Even when we are doing 2 or 3 recipes, it all still fits. As guests finish up with tools, I set them into the rolling tote dirty. It alleviates stuff from working it's way to the kitchen and getting lost. When I get home, I pull everything out & wash it, then unzip the liner & wipe it clean, following up with a Clorox Wipe. I then let it air dry before closing the top again. Works GREAT! :DI did wash it a couple of times in the washing machine & it held up well. Then one day, the interior lining crumpled into balls. It took me forever to straighten it back out (since the exterior lining was sewn & I couldn't reach inside), so I just wipe it down now. I left stuff in the roll tote overnight once & had to use Febreeze to get rid of the onion smell that was lingering in there. Yick!!!

Did you know that the old style collapsible red crate fits into the back of the rolling bag? I would use 1 shoulder type bag for your order forms and other paperwork material and going to your show have the red crate in the back of the rolling bag. Leaving your show just carry out your paperwork back on your shoulder with your dirties then make a second trip in for your rolling bag. That's how I used to do it. Now I always wash my dishes at my shows. Between my hosts, a nice guest and myself they always get done and I don't have to worry about it when I get home.

That's an idea, too.

1. What is the "Dirty Dishes & Rolling Totes: A Solution" product?

The "Dirty Dishes & Rolling Totes: A Solution" is a set of two rolling totes designed to make transportation of dirty dishes and kitchen supplies easy and mess-free.

2. How many dishes can the rolling totes hold?

The large tote can hold up to 12 dinner plates, while the small tote can hold up to 8 dessert plates or bowls. Both totes also have additional pockets for utensils and other kitchen items.

3. Are the rolling totes durable?

Yes, the totes are made of high-quality, heavy-duty material that can withstand the weight of dishes and other kitchen supplies. They also have reinforced handles for added durability.

4. Can the rolling totes be used for other purposes?

While the totes are specifically designed for dirty dishes and kitchen supplies, they can also be used for other items such as groceries or laundry. The spacious compartments and sturdy construction make them versatile for various uses.

5. Are the rolling totes easy to clean?

Yes, the totes can be easily wiped clean with a damp cloth. They are also machine washable for deeper cleaning. The material is also water-resistant, making it convenient for outdoor use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedChefLayla
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Cindy Landon
  • Monty060609