• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the SA Tote the Perfect Solution for All Your Toting Needs?

which I loved. But it was too heavy to carry around. The new one is much better though. It's 22" high and about 18" wide & 22" deep (depending on what you put in the outside pockets these last two measurements may vary. Another consideration if you are putting it in a trunk - you will have to lift it up to get it out - as Becky said, it's heavy especially loaded.
Jenni
I have earned 800 pts and can't decide how to spend them. I thought I wanted the rolling cart (oh I'm earning more trust me :)) but I am concerned it wont fit in my trunk. Can someone please measure theirs and tell me how tall it is with handle pushed down. Also a friend said her leg that holds it up even with the wheels broke off. Does it come with a warranty of any sort?

The SA tote.... Does anyone have it? From the picture I can't tell what it holds. I often tote Med white bowl, Lg white bowl, Lg Req plates, Small Req plates, and Rec Platter. Which items are to large for tote??

Thanks for any info you have...

For the SA tote - they show the large dots bowl in it, so I think it's a pretty good size. I plan on ordering mine still this month!

For the Rolling Tote - some people love them, others - not so much. I'm one of the not so much people. I was so excited when I earned this - loved the concept!

However - it's HEAVY! Even before putting anything in it, there is quite a bit of weight to it. It was hard for me to load it into the back of my SUV fully loaded...and then I discovered that here in Michigan, it was very impractical! All during the Fall, Winter, and Spring months, I deal with a lot of walkways and driveways that are wet, muddy, or snow covered. Then, I'd have to bring it into the host's home with the wheels all covered with gunk. Not good! I was trying to carry it, heavy as it is, instead of rolling it.

I now only use it when I have a booth or a fair or something. Mostly, it just sits in my office.

I think I'll be using the SA tote strickly for storing...it's gonna be a HEAVY sucker!

Jenni said:
I often tote Med white bowl, Lg white bowl, Lg Req plates, Small Req plates, and Rec Platter. Which items are to large for tote??

I only take ONE piece of SA, stoneware, cookware, etc to shows ~ too heavy to bring so much ~ plus you want to make your job duplicatable of recruiting purposes..."man, she has to carry all the stuff each time?"

ChefBeckyD said:
For the SA tote - they show the large dots bowl in it, so I think it's a pretty good size. I plan on ordering mine still this month!

For the Rolling Tote - some people love them, others - not so much. I'm one of the not so much people. I was so excited when I earned this - loved the concept!

However - it's HEAVY! Even before putting anything in it, there is quite a bit of weight to it. It was hard for me to load it into the back of my SUV fully loaded...and then I discovered that here in Michigan, it was very impractical! All during the Fall, Winter, and Spring months, I deal with a lot of walkways and driveways that are wet, muddy, or snow covered. Then, I'd have to bring it into the host's home with the wheels all covered with gunk. Not good! I was trying to carry it, heavy as it is, instead of rolling it.

I now only use it when I have a booth or a fair or something. Mostly, it just sits in my office.

Exactly. Well, in NC we don't have all that much snow but everything else! There are a lot of gravel driveways and stairs - not good with the rolling crate either. I L:love:OVE it for fairs though.

It's 22" high and about 18" wide & 22" deep (depending on what you put in the outside pockets these last two measurements may vary.

Another consideration if you are putting it in a trunk - you will have to lift it up to get it out - as Becky said, it's heavy especially loaded. My Rav4 allows me to just slide it out which helps.

I"m earning 800 points as well and am trying to figure out what I want..I don't think I want the rolling cart...I actually have been using my cranberry tote that we earned for going to conference for alot of my products and it is doing pretty well for me!
I KNOW I want the knife case...

I JUST realized that we can redeem for products!! I guess I saw the totes, go excited and didn't look any further! Although I want totes, it is exciting to see they did products for those that do not.

I had the old SA tote in blue one time and it holds a lot. I could stuff just about all my products I needed for a show in it. I ended up selling it on here though b/c it started collecting dust after a while. But there are times I regret selling it now.

I'm another one who isn't thrilled with the rolling case. I loved it until I had to carry it to a third floor walk up. :)As mentioned, it is helpful for fairs, though. But I recently bought a flat bed dolly at Ace Hardware for $20 and that will work much better--I can load it up with crates (which I find easier to pack for fairs anyway) and just wheel it to my space. :)I just redeemed for the knife case and will have my free envelopes for attending conference once I clear up this show on hold. :)

Kitchen2u said:
I only take ONE piece of SA, stoneware, cookware, etc to shows ~ too heavy to bring so much ~ plus you want to make your job duplicatable of recruiting purposes..."man, she has to carry all the stuff each time?"

May not have worded that well.... not all at once do I bring those items..lol!!

I also only use the rolling crate for Fairs/booths. I keep all of my cash & carry in it, well all that will fit. I have quite the selection these days. (my cash & carry are items I earned for free and duplicates that I don't want).
I am currently only taking 2 peices of SA to shows. I am taking the Oval platter w/ cranberry accent and the Large SA dots bowl. I keep these in the boxes and take them in my collapsible crate that I got when I signed years ago. (I use that crate w/ the tea towels as a display in front of my table).
I will be getting my knife case tomorrow and I want the padded envelopes, after that, I am not sure what I will get.

i love my rolling crate, the handle on the original one I earned did break and HO replaced it, I drive a santa fe and it is pretty easy to load. IF a host has lots of stairs I don't put as much in it but when I get ready to roll into the house my rubbermaid tote sits on top. my bag with laptop and supplies on one arm and my tta on the other I'm in the house in one trip

I'm another who was excited to earn the rolling tote. . .and mine is sitting in the corner. It's too heavy.

I did order the consultant tote -- the one new consultants now get with their kits (back in the olden days, we used to get a crate and not a bag with our starter kits :rolleyes: ).

Last edited:

1. What is the purpose of the in theBag~Satote & Rolling?

The in theBag~Satote & Rolling is a versatile kitchen tool designed to make carrying and transporting dishes and food items easier. It can also be used as a rolling mat for making dough or rolling out pastries.

2. How do I use the in theBag~Satote & Rolling?

To use the in theBag~Satote & Rolling, simply unfold the bag and lay it flat. Place your dish or food item in the center of the bag, then fold the sides and secure with the attached ties. For rolling, place the dough or pastry on the mat and use a rolling pin to roll it out.

3. Is the in theBag~Satote & Rolling machine washable?

Yes, the in theBag~Satote & Rolling is machine washable. Simply remove the ties and wash on a gentle cycle with cold water. Hang or lay flat to dry.

4. What is the material of the in theBag~Satote & Rolling made of?

The in theBag~Satote & Rolling is made of 100% cotton canvas, making it durable and easy to clean. The ties are made of natural cotton as well.

5. Can the in theBag~Satote & Rolling be used for hot dishes?

Yes, the in theBag~Satote & Rolling is heat resistant and can be used for hot dishes or food items. Just be sure to use caution when handling hot items and do not place directly on a heat source.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Devin
  • Ginger428
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
chefann
  • thechefofnorthbend
  • General Chat
Replies