• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Laptop for Shows: Love it or Hate it?

In summary, the Acer Aspire One netbook is good for using P3, but it is not good for taking to shows because it is not user friendly. The Dell laptop is good for using P3 and can last for several years, but is also more expensive. The HP laptop is the best investment and is bulletproof.
Mindy50135
Hi,
I am wanting to get a laptop to use at show, cant spend a ton on it and want something user friendly and that can handle the software. What do you all have? love it? hate it?

I have an Acer netbook that I got from HSN (love flexpay, lol)...it travels well and does a good job with P3.

I have a Dell that i love, its several years old with XP. I am looking at getting a mini notebook thru Office Depot or Verizon. With our discount its cheap. The one at OD is only $299 now, still have to see what it will be with the discount though.

I'm using a Gateway that I really like. I'd think any relatively new machine will run the software pretty well. What I also like is this one will fit in my PC Messenger bag that a friend gave me

Love love love my HP. It's my third one and I love them all. Bulletproof.

Jewel said:
I have a Dell that i love, its several years old with XP. I am looking at getting a mini notebook thru Office Depot or Verizon. With our discount its cheap. The one at OD is only $299 now, still have to see what it will be with the discount though.

can you tell me what discount you are talking about?

I know it's more expensive - but My MacBook is the best investment I've ever made. Once you go Mac, you never go back! :D

Seriously - it lasts so much longer and it's so much more worry free...LOVE my Mac! I've saved money over the long run, because it doesn't need to be replaced as often as a PC. They even hold their resale value! Try finding a "cheap" used Mac...and you can't! Because people know that a used Mac is better than a new PC! :)

ChefBeckyD said:
I know it's more expensive - but My MacBook is the best investment I've ever made. Once you go Mac, you never go back! :D

Seriously - it lasts so much longer and it's so much more worry free...LOVE my Mac! I've saved money over the long run, because it doesn't need to be replaced as often as a PC. They even hold their resale value! Try finding a "cheap" used Mac...and you can't! Because people know that a used Mac is better than a new PC! :)

:) All the way! I've had mine for over two years now and not a single problem with my Mac! They are the most user friendly computers out there. Trust me if you can invest into one it will save you in the long run!

What I did to get mine was asked for gift cards at Christmas. I got a total of about $600. Then I made myself a goal that the next time I brought home $1000 PC paycheck the laptop was mine (paid in cash of course!). It took me until May of the following spring but I was so excited that the day my paycheck posted I was at the apple store to get it.

Jewel said:

Careful with this. Those laptops don't always have enough memory to run P3 and they have a monthly fee that can go through the roof if you go over your data usage.

ShelbyMichalek said:
Careful with this. Those laptops don't always have enough memory to run P3 and they have a monthly fee that can go through the roof if you go over your data usage.

how do I find out what is "enough" memory for the software, I'm not computer smart at all and don't want to get the wrong thing

Hi I have an Acer Aspire One netbook that my husband bought me last Christmas for PC. It runs P3 perfectly. Other than surfing the net, P3 is the only program I run on it. I find I do not take it to shows.....I have taken it to shows, I haven't taken it.

I use it mostly at home and traveling. I like the paper and calculator cuz I can talk at the same time. I would use my netbook and be talking, would type over stuff, just did not work for me as well as I thought it would.

Other than surfing the net, there is not too much I need to do with a puter. My desktop is nice when I am home but my netbook goes in my room, the living room, everywhere!

I love the smallness and lightness of it.....my two cents. CK

I have an ASUS netbook that I purchased in April from Best Buy and it runs P3 fine and I can surf the net, run Windows, etc. without any problems.

I purchased it because my previous laptop was getting outdated and running slow and I wanted something to take to shows. I LOVE taking my netbook to my shows. I can enter the orders right then and confirm any totals (makes totalling orders virtually error proof), and I don't have to enter orders once I get home.

As far as how much memory is needed to run P3, go to the PC website and then to P3 and it will give you the answers. You might need to look under "FAQ".

Good luck!

My AD loves her netbook, but the small keyboard drives me NUTS...I'm a really fast & accurate typer, and I'm always making typos on hers LOL! So, if you're looking at a netbook, definitely make sure you're comfortable with the keyboard (I would never buy one now because of that)...

I'm also in the process of getting a netbook. After looking at the specs of P3 my husband said that I would need at least a 2G (memory, I think...lol). I was hoping to stay under the $300 range which is difficult when you go from 1G to 2G. I wish I could invest in a MacBook right now. So far this is my third pc in about 5 years. That SUCKS!! If I could collect all of that money back I could purchase my MacBook.

I have 1G of memory on my netbook and it seems to do fine...I do backup on a thumb drive! Just in case!

What are the benefits of using a laptop for shows?

Using a laptop for shows allows for easy organization and access to your presentation materials, such as product images and videos. It also allows for live demonstrations and the ability to take orders directly from your laptop.

Can I use any type of laptop for shows?

While any laptop can technically be used for shows, we recommend using a lightweight and easily portable laptop with a long battery life. This will ensure that you can easily transport and use your laptop during shows without worrying about it running out of power.

Do I need internet access to use a laptop for shows?

No, internet access is not necessary to use a laptop for shows. You can store all of your presentation materials on your laptop and access them without an internet connection. However, having internet access can be beneficial for taking orders online or accessing additional resources during your presentation.

What are some potential drawbacks of using a laptop for shows?

Some potential drawbacks of using a laptop for shows include technical difficulties, such as a slow or unreliable internet connection, and the potential for distractions from notifications or other programs on your laptop. It is important to properly prepare and minimize these potential issues before your show.

Are there any tips for effectively using a laptop for shows?

Yes, some tips for effectively using a laptop for shows include practicing your presentation beforehand, having backup copies of your presentation materials, and setting up your laptop in a way that is easily visible to your audience. It is also important to have a backup plan in case of technical difficulties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • naekelsey
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
naekelsey
Replies
Views
pchockeymom