• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using P3 on a Laptop and a Desktop -- How?

In summary, you can use P3 on both your desktop and laptop, but you need to backup and transfer the content to different computers.
Aurora
In very simple terms, please. :)

I want to use my Laptop at shows, but I can't get it to "talk" to my printer, connected to my desktop. Is there any way to have P3 on both, so I can print online orders, etc.? Help!

I have P3 on my desktop and my laptop. When I take the computer to parties, I input the orders, but don't print. The guests have already filled out the 2-ply order forms anyway so I give them their copy and keep my copy as a backup. (I have learned the hard way, make sure to write down the credit card info on the receipt instead of just entering it into the computer, just in case you have issues later.)

Before I go to the party, I back up P3 on my desktop. I then take that backup and copy it to a memory stick. I take the memory stick and plug it into my laptop. I open P3 on the laptop and "restore" it to the copy from the memory stick. After the party, I again backup P3 to the memory stick and use the same process to put it on the desktop.

I have Windows 7 on both of my computers and I cannot for the life of me get them to sync up. They see each other, sort of, but I cannot get them to talk. For me, the memory stick method is the easiset work around that I know.

If all you need to do is print receipts, don't worry about P3 itself. When you create receipts, P3 creates a PDF file. You can then save that PDF file, take it to the other computer, and print.

If you're talking about printing outside orders placed on your PWS, you should be able to pull the website up on your PC. If not, just download the order into P3 first, then print a receipt on blank paper if you need a physical copy for some reason.

You can use it on both but the only way to share what you did on you laptop with your desktop or vise versa you will have to back it up to a flash drive. After you have done that put the flash drive into the computer you need to update and go into P3 and download the info. It will override what ever was previously in there. Does that make sense ? It is hard to explain while typing lol.

keep p3 on your laptop, then just email the receipts to yourself, then open them from your home computer and print them. That way you won't forget to backup and transfer to the diff p3s

ChefLoriG said:
keep p3 on your laptop, then just email the receipts to yourself, then open them from your home computer and print them. That way you won't forget to backup and transfer to the diff p3s

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This is the perfect plan! :thumbup::D

Related to Using P3 on a Laptop and a Desktop -- How?

1. How do I install P3 on both my laptop and desktop?

To install P3 on both your laptop and desktop, you will need to purchase two separate licenses for each device. Once you have the licenses, you can download and install P3 on each device following the instructions provided by your P3 representative.

2. Can I use P3 on both my laptop and desktop simultaneously?

Yes, you can use P3 on both your laptop and desktop at the same time as long as you have purchased separate licenses for each device. This allows you to access P3 and your data from either device at any time.

3. How do I sync my data between my laptop and desktop?

To sync your data between your laptop and desktop, you will need to enable the auto-sync feature in P3. This will ensure that any changes made on one device will automatically be reflected on the other. You can also manually sync your data by selecting the sync option in the P3 menu.

4. Can I transfer my P3 license from my laptop to my desktop?

No, P3 licenses are tied to the device they are purchased for and cannot be transferred. If you need to switch your license to a different device, you will need to purchase a new license for that device.

5. What happens if I upgrade my laptop or desktop? Will I need to repurchase P3?

If you upgrade your laptop or desktop, you will need to contact your P3 representative to transfer your license to the new device. There is no need to repurchase P3 as long as you have a valid license for the device you are transferring to.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • mandydollie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • luvmypomeranian
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies