• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I transfer P3 files to my new laptop?

In summary, Dh bought me a new laptop for my birthday so that I can have one to take to shows and use primarily for my Pc business. The old laptop I'm using for my Pc business is already loaded with all my previous shows, contacts, etc. When I load P3 onto the new one, is there a way to move my information over too? As Stacey said, make sure make a backup off your old computer then load P3 on your computer. You will have let it do the updates. Once it is updated choose restore and go to the file (where ever you saved it) and it will load on the computer. Mine did another update after I restored from my last back up but it all
tx_deputyswife
I'm reasonably sure this is a question with an easy answer, but given I'm tired and don't want to royally mess it all up, I'm asking any of the tech-minded people here for help.

Dh bought me a new laptop for my birthday so that I can have one to take to shows and use primarily for my Pc business. I have P3 loaded on another laptop already with all my previous shows, contacts, etc. When I load P3 onto the new one, is there a way to move my information over too?

yep, just backup your old P3 onto a disk or flashdrive and upload onto your new one. Ive done this a couple of times with moving computers around!! Its very simple.

I did it yesterday. As Stacey said, make sure make a backup off your old computer then load P3 on your computer. You will have let it do the updates. Once it is updated choose restore and go to the file (where ever you saved it) and it will load on the computer. Mine did another update after I restored from my last back up but it all seems to be working fine (so far.)

chef_kimmo said:
I did it yesterday. As Stacey said, make sure make a backup off your old computer then load P3 on your computer. You will have let it do the updates. Once it is updated choose restore and go to the file (where ever you saved it) and it will load on the computer. Mine did another update after I restored from my last back up but it all seems to be working fine (so far.)

Im glad you put restore in here. She probably would of been trying to figure out how to upload...per my bad instructions :p

Thanks, I hope it will help her. I did it because I told someone else to upload or update and then did mine later. I thought it would help.

Thank you so much. I haven't done it yet since I'm waiting until tomorrow morning after I've had some sleep. :indif:

I love getting new computers but hate setting everything up. I'd be in happyland if someone would come in, wave the magic techie wand, and mke the new computer function just like the old one except better and faster!

What is the best way to transfer my P3 files to a new laptop?

The best way to transfer your P3 files to a new laptop is by using a USB flash drive or an external hard drive. You can simply copy and paste the files onto the storage device and then transfer them onto your new laptop.

Can I transfer my P3 files if I am using a different version of the software on my new laptop?

Yes, you can transfer your P3 files even if you are using a different version of the software on your new laptop. However, there may be some compatibility issues and you may need to make adjustments to your files to ensure they open properly.

Do I need to deactivate my P3 software on my old laptop before transferring my files?

It is recommended to deactivate your P3 software on your old laptop before transferring your files. This will prevent any licensing issues and ensure a smooth transfer to your new laptop.

Can I transfer my P3 files using a cloud storage service?

Yes, you can transfer your P3 files using a cloud storage service such as Dropbox or Google Drive. Simply upload your files to the cloud storage and then download them onto your new laptop.

How do I ensure that all of my P3 files are transferred successfully?

To ensure that all of your P3 files are transferred successfully, it is recommended to double check the files after the transfer is complete. You can also make a backup of your files before transferring them to be safe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• grainsmommy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kristenlee
  • Jess_K
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Karen