• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Transfer Data from P3 on Laptop to Desktop?

In summary, you can backup to removable media (like a flash drive), then restore from backup on the other machine.
ChefJoyJ
I have a quick question...hope you guys can help. I have P3 installed on our desktop in my office (which is in the basement, so not a lot of traffic) which has a printer hooked up to it. We use my laptop upstairs during the day when DD is up and active if we need to, so we can keep an eye on her. :) I want to take my laptop to shows to input orders to help with accuracy for ordering and prices... Plus, if I read they might be more apt to use a credit/debit card if I'm inputing directly into the computer, saving me from a ton of checks to deposit. Anyway, if I install it on my laptop, can I transfer data back and forth from one computer to another? Especially after the shows? I want my desktop to be my primary working computer, but my laptop is super convenient and will be an asset for shows.

I hope I made sense! Help!!!

To transfer data, you can backup to removable media (like a flash drive), then restore from backup on the other machine. As long as you remember to always backup on the computer you've just added info to and then restore to the other one, you should be OK.

I was hoping it was something as simple and easy as that! :) Thanks!

Yup, that easy.

Or, if you are familiar with computers, you can copy your whole workspace folder under P3 on your harddrive. This contains everything you need even if you haven't created a back-up file.

You might want to consider creating an automatic backup of that folder to another spot on your harddrive or other media just in case someday you forget to back-up before editing and overwrite something.

chefann said:
To transfer data, you can backup to removable media (like a flash drive), then restore from backup on the other machine. As long as you remember to always backup on the computer you've just added info to and then restore to the other one, you should be OK.

That's what I do and it works great! I take a laptop to my shows as well, but it's old (but, it was free! ;) ) and I only use it for PP. Then I transfer the data to my desktop and do all the work and submissions from it.

1. What is P3 on Laptop and Desktop?

P3 on Laptop and Desktop is a software program developed by Pampered Chef that allows consultants to run their business on their laptop or desktop computer. It includes features such as order entry, inventory management, and customer tracking.

2. Can I access P3 on Laptop and Desktop from multiple devices?

Yes, you can access P3 on Laptop and Desktop from multiple devices as long as they are all connected to the internet and have the software installed. This allows you to manage your business on the go.

3. Is P3 on Laptop and Desktop user-friendly?

Yes, P3 on Laptop and Desktop is designed to be user-friendly and easy to navigate. It has a simple, intuitive interface that allows consultants to quickly find the information they need and complete tasks efficiently.

4. Can I customize P3 on Laptop and Desktop to fit my needs?

Yes, P3 on Laptop and Desktop allows for customization to fit your specific business needs. You can personalize your dashboard, create custom reports, and set up notifications for important events or tasks.

5. Is P3 on Laptop and Desktop secure?

Yes, P3 on Laptop and Desktop is a secure platform that uses the latest encryption technology to protect your data. Pampered Chef takes the security and privacy of our consultants' information very seriously.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• luvmypomeranian
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
angel7581
  • kmschroll2001
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kspry
  • SusanPC