• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Installing DSL Software on Laptop: Do I Need Desktop Info?

In summary, it seems like you may need to input the necessary information from your desktop in order to use Pampered Partner Plus on your laptop. However, there may be alternative solutions or workarounds available through the support team. If time is an issue, you may want to consider using a different system temporarily.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I already have Pampered Partner Plus on my desktop at home. Thus, this is the only place I can submit shows.

I also have a laptop. It has a wireless card, but I am having trouble installing my DSL software without it being "hooked up" so I can only surf remotely in places that have Wi-Fi.

Does anybody know if I install the software on my laptop, if I have to keep inputting info from my desktop? I don't have a flash drive, the laptop has issues with its one and only USB port (hence the reason I rarely use it) so I am thinking this might be more trouble than it's worth. I have a deadline coming up next weekend.

Any help would be appreciated! Unfortunately, it sounds like you will have to input the information from your desktop if you are unable to install the DSL software on your laptop. You may want to look into purchasing a USB flash drive so that you can transfer the necessary files from your desktop to your laptop. Once you have the software installed and the information inputted, you should be able to submit shows from both computers.

Unfortunately, without being able to physically connect to your desktop or having a flash drive to transfer the necessary information, it may be difficult to use Pampered Partner Plus on your laptop. The software typically needs to be installed and set up with specific information from your desktop in order to function properly. One option could be to reach out to the Pampered Partner Plus support team for assistance. They may be able to provide alternative solutions or workarounds for using the software on your laptop without physically connecting to your desktop. Additionally, they may have suggestions for resolving the issues with your laptop's USB port. If time is of the essence and you need to submit shows on your laptop, you may also consider temporarily using a different scheduling and booking system until you are able to resolve the technical issues with your laptop.

1. Do I need my desktop computer information to install DSL software on my laptop?

No, you do not need your desktop computer information to install DSL software on your laptop. The installation process will only require information specific to your laptop, such as your network settings and login credentials.

2. Can I install DSL software on my laptop without a CD drive?

Yes, you can install DSL software on your laptop without a CD drive. Many DSL providers offer the option to download the necessary software from their website. Alternatively, you can also use an external CD drive or transfer the installation files from another computer.

3. What are the minimum system requirements for installing DSL software on a laptop?

The minimum system requirements for installing DSL software on a laptop may vary depending on the specific provider and software. However, most DSL software will require at least a 1GHz processor, 1GB of RAM, and a free Ethernet port for the DSL modem.

4. Do I need to disable my antivirus software before installing DSL software?

It is not necessary to disable your antivirus software before installing DSL software. However, if you encounter any issues during the installation process, you may want to temporarily disable your antivirus as a troubleshooting step.

5. Can I install DSL software on multiple laptops using the same account?

Yes, you can typically install DSL software on multiple laptops using the same account. However, some providers may have restrictions on the number of devices that can be connected simultaneously. It is best to check with your provider for specific guidelines.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• luvmypomeranian
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
angel7581
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
  • Bexs50