• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting P3 Installation on Windows Vista | Personal Experience & Tips

In summary, some individuals have experienced difficulties installing P3 on a new Windows Vista laptop. This is due to compatibility issues and may require contacting tech support for assistance. However, some users have found success by right-clicking the P3 icon and adjusting compatibility settings. It is recommended to have a backup plan in case of any issues during a show.
amy07
has anyone installed P3 on the new windows vista? Did you have any problems? We just got a new laptop, and while I am not the most computer savvy person in the world, I am getting really annoyed trying to install this! Granted, in my area we can only get dial-up so it takes forever and a day. It took over 2 hours to install it on my desktop. :eek: (I did that prior to getting the laptop) And to add insult to injury, my current ISP disc is NOT compatible with Vista, so I had to sign up for another ISP just to get internet service on the laptop! UGHHHH
My first show is Saturday, and I was really hoping to be finished with all of the "business" part by now. Thanks for letting me vent...........

Hi Amy,
I went through all of that two weeks ago! Grrr... Tech Support finally emailed me a download that fixed everything. Unfortunately, I have to reinstall it each time I open P3 if I forget and completely shut it down.

Call Tech Support first because I had to adjust a lot of things before it went through. If you still need it just email me and I'll forward it on. Good luck, Elaine

I just ordered a new laptop today and it has Vista on it. I guess I'll need to talk with Tech Support before I load it - huh? Do we know if Vista is compatible with PP? Or will I have to go straight to P3? I was sort of hoping to ease into P3....

Well I finally got it together this afternoon! :)

I purchased a new laptop with Windows Vista on it and called Tech support and they total me my software was to old to work on my new computer and they would have to send me an updated disk?

Has anyone been told this? If not how did you get it to work on your new laptop? I was really hoping to use it on Saturday at my show! Any help would be great!

Thanks-
Kelly

I used the new disk that came with the spring/summer paperwork. PP didn't load nor did P3. Tech support is awesome. And very patient.

Chefgirl2 said:
Hi Amy,
I went through all of that two weeks ago! Grrr... Tech Support finally emailed me a download that fixed everything. Unfortunately, I have to reinstall it each time I open P3 if I forget and completely shut it down.

Call Tech Support first because I had to adjust a lot of things before it went through. If you still need it just email me and I'll forward it on. Good luck, Elaine

Oh my goodness! I got scared after reading your post, so this morning I tried my laptop again, and guess what?!?!............ERROR message. Called tech support.....I need to right click to open P3 instead of double clicking icon. The lady at tech support was awesome, and soooo nice. Said that it seems to be a problem a lot of people are having, but if that's all I have to do to remedy the problem, I can handle that!

Thanks Amy - You are Awesome!!

I have been leaving it on all day because it was such a pain to re-install. As soon as I read your response I right clicked on the icon and same thing happened as before. So, I called Tech support. Apparently the beauty of Vista is it won't let anything run unless I less tell it to do it each time or program it to open automatically.

Here is what they had me do:

I had to right click the P3 icon,
click on properties,
click on compatibility,
check the Run this program windows XP (service pack 2) and also check Run this program as an administrator,
click apply,
then click okay.

TECH SUPPORT ROCKS!!!

Maybe we should print out all of the different postings and solutions on this and take to our shows,just in case.
Or maybe I'll turn on the laptop prior to going to the show, let the battery take over til I get to the host's house, then plug back in? I don't want to risk it tomorrow with it being my first show. Silly I know, but I'll do what it takes until I'm comfortable.........

Amy,

That would be a good idea. Just plug it in at the hosts house and you will be just fine. When you guys get it reinstalled does it still have all your info in it?

I just bought a new laptop with Vista and PP3 works just fine...

I didn't have any trouble installing or submitting a show.

1. Why am I having trouble installing P3 on Windows Vista?

There could be a few different reasons for this issue. One possibility is that your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements for P3. Another possibility is that there may be compatibility issues between P3 and your version of Windows Vista. Additionally, there could be other programs or settings on your computer that are interfering with the installation process.

2. How can I check if my computer meets the minimum system requirements for P3?

You can check the system requirements on the Pampered Chef website or in the P3 installation instructions. Generally, P3 requires at least Windows Vista with Service Pack 2, a minimum of 1 GB of RAM, and at least 500 MB of available hard drive space.

3. What can I do if P3 is not compatible with my version of Windows Vista?

If you are using an older version of Windows Vista that is not compatible with P3, you may need to upgrade your operating system. Alternatively, you can try running P3 in compatibility mode. Right-click on the P3 installation file, select "Properties," go to the "Compatibility" tab, and check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select a compatible operating system.

4. What should I do if I receive an error message during the P3 installation process?

If you receive an error message during the P3 installation, try restarting your computer and then attempting the installation again. If the issue persists, make sure that you have all necessary permissions to install programs on your computer and that your antivirus software is not blocking the installation. If the problem still persists, contact Pampered Chef customer support for further assistance.

5. Are there any other tips or tricks for troubleshooting P3 installation on Windows Vista?

Yes, here are a few additional tips that may help with troubleshooting the installation process: make sure your computer is connected to the internet during the installation, temporarily disable any firewall or security software, and close any unnecessary programs running in the background. If all else fails, you may need to seek assistance from a professional computer technician to ensure that your computer is properly set up for P3 installation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• luckystar
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • marionwilliams
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • dianevill