• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Installing PP on Windows Vista: Transfer Data from Old Laptop to New

I think you will be just fine. Vista is pretty user friendly, especially if you are familiar with Windows. Just make sure you have the latest drivers for your hardware. I am sure you can find them online.Good luck and let us know how it goes!I don't think I will upgrade to Vista anytime soon. It's just too hard to get used to.
luckystar
Silver Member
I just bought me a new Laptop and is has Windows Vista on it. Can I just install my PP like I did on my old Laptop that had Windows XP???
Will all my information still be there when I install the programm on the new Laptop??

Thank you:)

You have to import your data base. Once you have the program set up go to utilities and restore from backup.

I would call or email IT. They basically have to send you a link, that will fix the issue for connections. Apparently Vista doesn't save the program appropriately, according to the IT guy I spoke with. The whole process should take an hour or less, depending on your internet connection (if you have dial-up) it could take longer. I tried for a week to get mine installed properly, installing and uninstalling... until I broke down and called IT. I would recommend calling them first, it makes it soooo much easier. lol :D

Best of luck.

Sorry but what is IT??

Just call 888-our chef and push option 1. The IT (Information technology) guys will walk you through how to install on Vista. I just did and it works fine.

Thank you I`ll call them today. So far I don`t like Vista very much, but there are no more Laptops in the stores with XP.

Vista is hard to get used to, if you are familiar with Windows. I was in the same boat about 6 months ago. I only use my laptop about 1-3 hrs a night, so it's not too bad.

They had me do something before I could open up PP on my Vista laptop.I've really tired to like PP+, but I can't stand it. It takes me so much longer to do anything in PP+ compared to PP.

Were you able to get it installed with minimal problems?

Thanks for asking yes it was no problem with that nice guy on the phone ;)

luckystar
Did they have you set the program for Windows XP compatibility mode?
I am going to have to upgrade to Vista soon, I think.

I didn`t have to do anything really. He told me to log on to the PC Website and klick on PP+ download that was it. All I had to do is get the backup from my old laptop and load it to the new one.

Do you know how the old PP works with Vista? i'm in Canada and we don't have P3 but I want to buy a laptop and I need to be sure it's going to work.

Thanks.

1. Can I install Pampered Chef on a Windows Vista operating system?

Yes, Pampered Chef is compatible with Windows Vista. You can install the software by following the standard installation process.

2. How do I transfer data from my old laptop to my new one when installing Pampered Chef on Windows Vista?

You can transfer your data by using the Windows Easy Transfer utility. This utility allows you to transfer files, settings, and other data from your old laptop to your new one. Once the transfer is complete, you can proceed with the installation of Pampered Chef on your Windows Vista system.

3. Do I need to back up my data before installing Pampered Chef on Windows Vista?

We highly recommend backing up your data before any software installation, including Pampered Chef. This will ensure that your data is safe in case of any unexpected issues during the installation process.

4. Can I install Pampered Chef on multiple computers with Windows Vista?

Yes, you can install Pampered Chef on multiple computers with Windows Vista. However, please note that each installation will require a separate license.

5. Is there a specific version of Pampered Chef for Windows Vista?

No, there is no specific version of Pampered Chef for Windows Vista. The standard version of the software is compatible with Windows Vista, and you can install it without any issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AMTC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AMTC
  • marionwilliams
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • amy07