• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Run P3 with Windows Vista: Seeking Input on New Laptop

In summary, it is easy to install P3 or PP on Vista. You just need to call Home Office and change a setting.
amerrigan
Does anyone run the P3 with Windows Vista??? I am getting a new laptop, but want to make sure it will run with Vista??? Any input would be a great help!

I'm getting ready to set up a new HP notebook. I'll let you know how it goes. Keep your fingers crossed. I was told to install off the PC site instead of the discs...

everyone I have talked to says to be on the phone with tech support when you do this. Vista does not install P3 properly. The fall release of P3 is supposed to work better with Vista though.

when I am ready to do this I have been advised to call tech support in the evening arround 9pm any day but Monday and not a beginning of the month (they aren't as busy then)

Yep... works just fine. I think I had to call tech support for a question when I was installing it, but it worked right away.

just call the home office and they can help you - you need to change a setting before PP or P3 will work with Vista....but it was very easily fixed!
melinda

And, I used a CD to install it on Vista.

Thanks for the quick response!!! I am going to go order my new laptop!!! I am so excited, my current laptop is about 7 years old!

Andrea, I just installed from the download on the PC website. It takes about seven minutes and is EASY. So easy, in fact, that I had absolutely NO problem with it. I am a Mac-o-holic and this HP notebook is my first and only PC.

I used my DH's laptop (which has vista) for a short time, and had some problems with P3. I kept having to re-install it, so I went back to using my desktop. I haven't had any problems since, so I assumed it was because of vista - I could be wrong though!

Eaglenewsteach said:
Andrea, I just installed from the download on the PC website. It takes about seven minutes and is EASY. So easy, in fact, that I had absolutely NO problem with it. I am a Mac-o-holic and this HP notebook is my first and only PC.

Thanks! I just ordered my laptop...so we will see how easy it is for me!

like everyone else has said .. its really easy, you just have to do something special in the properties tab .. but ho will be able to help you. i love it and its so fast!

I have windows Vista, you do need to call Home Office and talk to them. They can help you change a setting (I don't remember which one) and then you will be good to go. :)

Is anyone else having problems with vista where you are unable to email a webpage to someone.. I have been in contact with hp help numerous times and they cannot give me an answer to my problem. Was wondering if anyone else had resolved this issue and could help me out. Right now I just cut and paste into an email but it would be soooo much easier if I could use the email option(right now it is not highlighted so it is not available!) Thanks!

1. Can I run P3 with Windows Vista?

Yes, P3 is compatible with Windows Vista. However, it is recommended to have at least 2GB of RAM and a dual-core processor for optimal performance.

2. Do I need to purchase a new laptop for running P3?

It depends on your current laptop's specifications. If it meets the minimum requirements for P3, then you can use it without needing to purchase a new one. Otherwise, it is recommended to upgrade to a laptop with better specs.

3. Will P3 run smoothly on a Windows Vista laptop?

As long as your laptop meets the minimum system requirements, P3 should run smoothly on Windows Vista. However, some features may not be available due to the limitations of the operating system.

4. Can I install P3 on a Windows Vista laptop that already has other software installed?

Yes, you can install P3 on a Windows Vista laptop with other software installed. However, it is recommended to close all other programs while using P3 to avoid any potential conflicts.

5. Is P3 compatible with all Windows Vista versions?

P3 is compatible with most versions of Windows Vista, including Home, Business, and Ultimate. However, it is always best to check the system requirements before purchasing to ensure compatibility.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mark Kilby
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
baychef
  • AldeaY
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AldeaY
  • Chef_2_Four