• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting P3 Installation on Windows Vista: Step-by-Step Guide

In summary, the person was trying to install P3 on their new laptop and ran into problems. They contacted a tech support line and were told that P3 was compatible with Vista. They were also told to change the directory where P3 would be installed on their computer. After doing this, the installation went smoothly.
ivykeep
Gold Member
The most recent email on updates about P3 indicated that there was a 'special' Vista version of P3.

I bought a new laptop last night (YAY!) and had seen threads from other people about needing to call for tech support after they tried to install and it taking a long time to fix. So I requested the Vista Version before doing anything at all with P3.

Here is the tech response to my request. I followed his instructions and the install went extremely smooth -- no problems at all. Hope this is helpful!

Pampered Partner Plus is compatible with Windows Vista. However, you must change the directory when asked where you want to install the files on your computer. This option automatically appears during the installation process. Please enter the following folder when prompted:
C:\Users\(user name)\Documents\Pampered Partner Plus

(user name) represents your username for your Vista account.​

How cool!:cool: I am so jealous!
My hubby has been checking on a lap top for me and I can't wait to get one! I would be so happy with a laptop, it would cut my paperwork/officework time in 1/2!
Congratulations!!!!:D ;)

Great info. Don't need it now but good to have in case I ever get to upgrade to Vista. Thanks for sharing and congratulations on getting a new laptop--I'd love to get one too!

I got a vista laptop too....and called HO about a set up walk through. The lady did but forgot a few steps so I've spent a while trying to get it to work. Tried the tip on here but it didn't work either (kept saying invalid).

So I called HO last nite again and had them rewalk me through. This time the guy had me change a few things but not the saved file name.

For vista, here's what he had me do:

Put in the cd and when it tries to start on it's own, close it down. Open computer from the start button. Then right click on the cd drive and select 'explore'.

Once select explore, choose the set up option and double click it. Go through the installer and stop just before finish but don't choose it. Instead, leave it open and go to the desktop short cut for p3 set up and right click that. Choose 'properties' from the list and double click it.

Once the properties comes up, choose the compatability tab.
Put a checkmark in the box that says "run this program in compatability mode for" and make sure it says "Windows XP (service pack 2)" in the drop down box.

In the same properties tab on the bottom put a check mark in the box that says "run this program as an administrator" and click apply then ok to close it out.

Go back to the box you have left up and click finish then.

Once it's installing it will finish up and update itself too. After it has entirely finished (about 3 hours for me on dial up ugggg) you will have to make sure you download any other updates and product info needed.

After that it should work. I hope this helps someone else out, cause it sure was a pain for me! But I can finally use P3 and not have to use my old desktop with updated PP on it. Vista is a pain but the P3 looks like it has so much more to do with it.

good luck!

Last edited:

1. How do I download and install P3 on Windows Vista?

To download and install P3 on Windows Vista, follow these steps:

• Go to the Pampered Chef website and log into your account.
  • Click on the "My Account" tab and then select "Software Downloads" from the dropdown menu.
  • Find P3 in the list of available downloads and click on the "Download" button.
  • Once the download is complete, double-click on the installer file to begin the installation process.
  • Follow the prompts to complete the installation.

2. Why am I receiving an error message when trying to install P3 on Windows Vista?

If you are receiving an error message when trying to install P3 on Windows Vista, it could be due to a few reasons:

• Your computer may not meet the minimum system requirements for P3.
  • The installation file may be corrupted or incomplete.
  • Your antivirus or firewall may be blocking the installation.

Make sure your computer meets the system requirements, redownload the installation file, and temporarily disable your antivirus and firewall before trying to install P3 again.

3. Can I install P3 on multiple computers?

Yes, you can install P3 on multiple computers as long as you have a valid license for each installation. You will need to download and install P3 on each computer separately using the same installation process.

4. How do I access P3 after installation on Windows Vista?

To access P3 after installation on Windows Vista, follow these steps:

• Click on the Windows "Start" button and type "P3" into the search bar.
  • Click on the P3 icon in the search results to open the program.
  • You can also find the P3 shortcut on your desktop or in your list of installed programs.

5. How do I uninstall P3 from my Windows Vista computer?

To uninstall P3 from your Windows Vista computer, follow these steps:

• Click on the Windows "Start" button and go to "Control Panel".
  • Click on "Uninstall a program" under the "Programs" section.
  • Find P3 in the list of installed programs and click on it.
  • Click on the "Uninstall" button and follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crissy11
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • dianevill
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefKrisB
  • ahinchey