• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Installing P3 on a New Laptop with Vista

In summary, you can install P3 on a laptop with Vista, but you will need to call PC tech support to do so. Some things may not work the same way as they do on a desktop, and you will need to be careful to keep backups of your P3 data.
Chef_2_Four
I just got a new laptop and want to put all of my P3 stuff on it and take it off of my desktop that we are selling. Can I put P3 on the laptop with Vista?

yes you can, i have it. some things work differently though, like if you run reports it will automatically revert to older version but it works. just keep backing up your P3 because i've had to re-install it once already and i don't know if it had to do with vista but better safe than sorry.

hth

I have vista on my laptop that I just purchased a few months age and have had no problems with running P3.

I have Vista as well, but be advised that you will need to call PC tech support when you install P3. They have to change something in the way that you install to make it work with Vista.

I have Vista on my laptop and P3 works for me:)

heather223 said:
I have Vista as well, but be advised that you will need to call PC tech support when you install P3. They have to change something in the way that you install to make it work with Vista.

What did you have to call about? I didn't call anyone when I put it on mine.

I didnt have to call for anything either, I hope I didnt miss something?!

yeah i didn't call anyone either, but i did have to call them when my program locked out and i needed to re-install.

Wait, I take that back... I did have a small issue and called. I am not at all computer savy and they told me I had to run it as admin for it to run correctly... sorry

you just basically have to set th eprogram to run as administrator, you can do that by right clicking on nthe icon and then selecting properties, its in there

I wonder if they didn't do an update. I loaded P3 on my new computer and I didn't have any problems. Although, I have only done a report and looked up a contact.

I"m pretty sure they fixed the vista problems so if you download from the web you get the most updated version and don't have any problems then you can assume everything is ok. :)

I installed about 3 months ago so they may have fixed it since then!!! :thumbup:

thanks ladies! I had to refer back here a couple of times for instructions but I think I got it. All of my info is showing up so that is good! I ready backed it up too just in case!!

Chef_2_Four said:
thanks ladies! I had to refer back here a couple of times for instructions but I think I got it. All of my info is showing up so that is good! I ready backed it up too just in case!!

Fantastic. Remember if you have any problems to contact tech support at HO they are very helpful.

My husband owns a computer business and does not recommend Vista. It has nothing to do with compatibility with P3. If you have existing programs running on another operating system and want to put your info. onto a computer with Vista or want to add Vista onto an existing computer many programs will not run. Thank you Vista for keeping us in business. We have many clients a week with Vista issues. I won't use P3 until all its errors are worked out. Errors I pointed out at the P3 workshop at leadership are still issues. Computers would be a whole other thread!!

1. How do I download P3 onto my new laptop with Vista?

To download P3 onto your new laptop with Vista, go to the Pampered Chef website and click on the "Download P3" button. Follow the prompts to save the installation file to your computer, and then double-click on the file to begin the installation process.

2. Will P3 work on my new laptop running Vista?

Yes, P3 is compatible with Windows Vista. However, it is recommended to check the system requirements on the Pampered Chef website to ensure your laptop meets the necessary specifications for P3 to run smoothly.

3. Do I need to uninstall P3 from my old laptop before installing it on my new laptop with Vista?

No, you do not need to uninstall P3 from your old laptop. You can simply install P3 on your new laptop and use your existing login credentials to access your account and saved recipes.

4. I am getting an error message when trying to install P3 on my new laptop with Vista. What should I do?

If you encounter an error message during the installation process, try restarting your laptop and trying again. If the issue persists, you can contact customer support for further assistance.

5. Can I transfer my existing recipes from P3 on my old laptop to P3 on my new laptop with Vista?

Yes, you can transfer your existing recipes by exporting them from P3 on your old laptop and then importing them into P3 on your new laptop. You can find instructions for this on the Pampered Chef website or by contacting customer support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• luvmypomeranian
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
angel7581
  • AldeaY
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AldeaY
  • luckystar