• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help, New Computer... 64 Bit Installing P3 Question

In summary, our old laptop died last night and is now at the Data Doctor (hopefully we will get our data back). We got a new laptop and the first thing I wanted to install was P3. Turns out the new lap top is a 64 bit machine and I don't know enough about this but was hoping someone knows if it is possible to install P3 on this new machine. I'll email HO, but wanted to see if anyone here could help. Search around here, I know there was once a discussion on 64 bit and I can't remember the outcome, but I think it was that it wasn't ready for 64 bit yet. If you plan to go back to your old laptop though, I'd ask them
BlessedWifeMommy
Our old laptop died last night and is now at the Data Doctor (hopefully we will get our data back). We got a new laptop and the first thing I wanted to install was P3.

Well it turns out the new lap top is a 64 bit machine. I don't know enough about this but was hoping someone knows if it is possible to install P3 on this new machine. I'll email HO, but wanted to see if anyone here could help.

You'll have to search here, but I don't believe 64 bit is compatible with P3 yet.
If you have a valid copy of 32 bit windows available you could download and install the free version of VMWare, and do a virtual machine of 32 bit and install P3 on there.Depending on the condition of your drive it may take a few weeks to get the data back. I've done quite a few drives, including my own. I had one that took 4 weeks. We are working on one now that is stuck at 51%. I've only had one unrecoverable in the last 6, but that is due to a mechanical failure and we don't have a clean room to take drives apart.Search around here, I know there was once a discussion on 64 bit and I can't remember the outcome, but I think it was that it wasn't ready for 64 bit yet.

Last edited:
Thanks so much. It turns out that I used the download from CC and that worked. I guess they have updated that version.

It is compatible of October, I think. I had a problem getting mine to work, but once tech support caught up with the 64 bit processors, I've haven't had any problems. Good luck.

1. What is the difference between 32-bit and 64-bit computers?

32-bit and 64-bit refer to the architecture of a computer's processor. A 64-bit processor can handle larger amounts of data and perform more calculations at once compared to a 32-bit processor. This can result in faster performance and the ability to run more complex programs.

2. How do I know if my computer is 32-bit or 64-bit?

To determine if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit, you can go to your computer's settings and look for the system information. Under the system type, it will indicate whether it is a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system.

3. Can I upgrade my 32-bit computer to a 64-bit computer?

In most cases, no. The architecture of a computer is determined by the processor, and it is not possible to upgrade from a 32-bit processor to a 64-bit processor. You would need to purchase a new computer with a 64-bit processor.

4. Do I need to install different software for a 64-bit computer?

Yes, some software may require a different version for a 64-bit computer. However, most programs have versions that are compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit systems.

5. How do I install P3 on a 64-bit computer?

To install P3 on a 64-bit computer, you will need to download the 64-bit version of the software from the Pampered Chef website. Make sure to select the correct version for your operating system. Then, follow the installation instructions provided by Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • pc_jessica
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • luvmypomeranian