• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Installing the Pp3 on New Computer

In summary, the program that you download from CC is only the program. It won't have any of your data in it. You'll have to move that from your old computer to the new one. Create a backup on the old computer, then do a "restore from backup" on the new one. To have all your data from your other computer to your laptop, you have to make a backup on a CD to carry all your information to another computer. You just make a backup but do it to the CD then put the CD in your laptop and "restore" to the P3 there.
milkangel
I had to break down and buy a new computer because our old one was built in the 98s and now i need my pp3 on the new one and our old one will not put things on a flash drive because it is to old. I figured that if i install the program on the new one it would be better. right now i have spent the entier day on the internet downloding the program and it is so slow and taking to long what is it? is it becauise i have ben in the biz for a year and done alot shows the past year? any one know how to do this?

The program that you download from CC is only the program. It won't have any of your data in it. You'll have to move that from your old computer to the new one. Create a backup on the old computer, then do a "restore from backup" on the new one.

does your old computer have the ability to save to a cd? The old one has no usb slots? If you have been in the biz over a year you should have gotten a disc with P3 on it. And can then just update. Did you get a laptop? If your internet is slow go to the library (or somewhere in town that has wireless) to log on to CC wirelessly.

There is always a solution...

The P3 program from CC should download pretty quickly. I think mine took less than 30 minutes (probably faster than that even) to the laptop, but I have wireless DSL. I've done 32 shows and my backups are pretty quick between the desktop and laptop. How much memory is on your laptop? Do you have a dial up connection to the internet? That may explain why P3 is so slow. To have all your data from your other computer to your laptop, you have to make a backup on a CD to carry all your information to another computer. You just make a backup but do it to the CD then put the CD in your laptop and "restore" to the P3 there.

pcchefjane said:
The P3 program from CC should download pretty quickly. I think mine took less than 30 minutes (probably faster than that even) to the laptop, but I have wireless DSL. I've done 32 shows and my backups are pretty quick between the desktop and laptop. How much memory is on your laptop? Do you have a dial up connection to the internet? That may explain why P3 is so slow. To have all your data from your other computer to your laptop, you have to make a backup on a CD to carry all your information to another computer. You just make a backup but do it to the CD then put the CD in your laptop and "restore" to the P3 there.

She is on dial up. On dial up this can take 8 hours or more

i did not get a lab top. also do have dial up/ how to make a back up cd? the memory on the new one has 2gb and the old one had less thatn 1gb it only had mb. does pc have a disc that you can get with your info on it? i need this thing up by this weekend.

If your comp has a cd writeable drive, put the cdRw in and treat it like you would your c: drive when saving files.

Take it out and put it in the new one and save the file.

Download P3 from the CC and then update it with the file you saved.

Okay...it will be slow with dial up. You'll need to do "restore" to get all your stuff to the new one. Sorry...thought you said a laptop.

milkangel said:
does pc have a disc that you can get with your info on it? i need this thing up by this weekend.
No. You're responsible for backing up and maintaining your own data. You'll need to get it from the old computer to the new one. Since you've been a consultant only for a short time (relatively speaking), the backup MAY fit on a floppy, but that only does you any good if the new computer has a floppy drive to read it. Since your old machine doesn't have USB, your other options are to burn it onto a CD (if the old one has CD burning capability) or network the 2 machines and do a direct transfer.

Do you have anyone you know who is computer savy to give you a hand...

i do but never get them to awnser back.

1. How do I download and install the PP3 software on my new computer?

To download and install the PP3 software on your new computer, you will need to log in to your Pampered Chef account and go to the "My Software" section. From there, you can download the PP3 installer file and follow the prompts to complete the installation process.

2. Can I transfer my existing PP3 data to my new computer?

Yes, you can transfer your existing PP3 data to your new computer by backing up your data on your old computer and restoring it on your new computer. This can be done through the "Backup/Restore" feature in the PP3 software.

3. Do I need to purchase a new license for the PP3 software for my new computer?

No, you do not need to purchase a new license for the PP3 software for your new computer. Your license is tied to your Pampered Chef account and can be used on multiple devices.

4. What are the system requirements for installing the PP3 software on a new computer?

The PP3 software is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems. For Windows, the minimum system requirement is Windows 7 or higher. For Mac, the minimum system requirement is OS X 10.10 or higher.

5. How do I activate the PP3 software on my new computer?

To activate the PP3 software on your new computer, you will need to log in to your Pampered Chef account and go to the "My Software" section. From there, you can click on the "Activate" button next to the PP3 software to complete the activation process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• schel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebinIA
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies