• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Computer? Maybe Non-Compatible W/P3

In summary, if you purchase a computer with Vista, make sure it is not the 64 bit edition. The reason has to do with the compatibility of code.
legacypc46
Gold Member
Sorry to duplicate this from an earlier thread today, but I thought it needed a more informative title.

Just had a conversation with the techie gurus at HO. If you purchase a computer with Vista, make sure it is not the 64 bit edition (it will say x64 or Vista 64).

It is not compatible with P3 (and numerous other programs). The reason has to do with the compatibility of code (like I understand what that really means). In addition, Vista 64 will not recognize non-vista 64 drivers...so some of your current hardware may not work with it. (HO doesn't generally talk about anything 'in the works', but I'm sure they are working on a solution....but software development isn't quick).

If you are signing new consultants, it would be good to ask if they are using Vista 64.

P3 does work with the x86-based version of Vista. (Also known as the 32 bit edition.)

Thanks Kris! We bought a brand new computer today and I had to install P3. Well, I received an error saying it's not compatible. So I called tech support and yup, same as what you said. The techie guy told me that I could take my computer back and get a 32 bit. I asked him " Why would I go back a couple steps when I'm preparing for the future?" He agreed and said he wasn't sure if they were working on it or not. UGH!!!:grumpy:

Luckily my old computer is in my kids rooms and I do have my laptop that I could work on but come on, I want my new computer.:cry:

I suspect they are working on a new version. (It seems that as a general policy, HO stays pretty mum about what is being developed.)

Sorry you had to go thru that frustration Kristi.

1. Can I use my new computer with a Pampered Chef P3?

Unfortunately, the Pampered Chef P3 is not compatible with most new computers. It is designed to work with older operating systems such as Windows XP and may not function properly with newer versions.

2. Why is my Pampered Chef P3 not working with my new computer?

As mentioned before, the P3 is not compatible with newer computers. The technology used in the P3 is outdated and may not be recognized by newer operating systems.

3. Is there a way to make my Pampered Chef P3 work with my new computer?

We do not recommend trying to make the P3 work with a new computer as it may cause compatibility issues or damage to the device. It is best to use the P3 with an older computer or consider upgrading to a newer Pampered Chef product.

4. Can I get a refund for my Pampered Chef P3 if it is not compatible with my new computer?

Our refund policy states that products can only be returned within 30 days of purchase and must be in their original condition. Unfortunately, compatibility issues with a new computer do not fall under our refund guidelines.

5. Are there any alternative products from Pampered Chef that are compatible with newer computers?

Yes, we have a variety of products that are compatible with newer computers. Our website and customer service team can provide information on the latest products and their compatibility with different operating systems.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• legacypc46
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
gbakes27
  • Mel5497
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • gailz2