• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Vista 64 Bit & Pampered Chef: Lessons Learned the Hard Way

I missed that one? In summary, the conversation revolved around the compatibility of Pampered Chef's P3 software with the 64-bit version of Windows Vista. Some users have experienced issues with using P3 on their new computers, which were not covered by insurance. The company has not officially announced the incompatibility, causing frustration among some users. Some have found workarounds, such as using a 32-bit processor or running P3 through Boot Camp or Parallels on a Mac. However, HO is reportedly working on a Mac version of P3, which is expected to be released next year.
sucessfulsue
:cry: Well here I sit with a brand new computer and a really up to date one at that! Sooooo also here I sit with a worthless computer for my Pampered Chef busniess! 800.00 later I still have no computer for business! My other one was hit by lightening and noooooooot covered by insurance. Sure wish HO had sent and email telling all of us that Vista 64 bit would not work with PP+. Would have been really nice or have I missed that one??????????? I just wanted to make sure you alllllllll knew that! Now I have to decide if it is all worth it. I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mad at HO!

Sorry to hear this. Have you called Tech Support to see if they can help you install PP+ on your new computer or this is what they told you?

HO has indicated that P3 is not compatible with the 64-bit version of Vista. It's not published in an easily accessible location, though.

Thankfully, I had read on Chef Success that Vista didn't work with P3 or at least that people had trouble with it. When I ordered my new computer in the spring, I made sure to get XP.

I was already to tell you I haven't had any problems using P3 on my laptop with Vista and thought I could offer some help. But, I double checked and I have a 64-bit processor, but my Operating System is 32-bit. Oh well, sorry... One thing tech support told me about using Vista and P3 is that when you open P3, you are supposed to "Run as Administrator". I had some kind of rights issue before and it wouldn't download any updates and that is what they told me I needed to do. I don't know if this has been fixed or not, but I still do it anyway.

I just got off the phone with HO Tech Support. I'm so glad I read this because last night I bought a laptop with Vista Premium 64 bit. It is NOT compatible with P3 or with Pampered Partner. He said that they are working on it and they should have P3 64-bit ready in a few months :eek:. He said there are very few programs that will work with the 64-bit but all the new computers are being loaded with this and therefore all the software companies will be working frantically to update all the programs to 64. I am so not a computer person and really am not thrilled Windows chose to do this now :grumpy:. I was just getting comfortable with making the change to P3 and now I can't do anything PC unless I exchange this computer because I'm sure there would be a charge to put another vesion of Windows on there.

Ruthie what kind of computer did you get?

Just to add on mine but I got me a Acer laptop from walmart and it is super it has the new vista with 64 and I use p3 with it just fine and i haven't had any problems. I just put the disc in and installed it and it has worked just fine.

Whatever you do, don't get a mac computer to run p3. I have two macs and now I need to figure out what I'm going to do.Robert

Whatever you do, don't get a mac computer to run p3. I have two macs and now I need to figure out what I'm going to do.

Robert

Congrats Robert on signing :) best of luck.... You have problems with a mac running P3

rcrowe1966 said:
Whatever you do, don't get a mac computer to run p3. I have two macs and now I need to figure out what I'm going to do.

Robert

How new is your Mac? If you have an Intel-based machine, you can run Boot Camp (part of Leopard) or Parallels and run P3 through that. That's how I run it right now. But HO is working on a Mac version of P3, that will probably be out next year.

chefann said:
How new is your Mac? If you have an Intel-based machine, you can run Boot Camp (part of Leopard) or Parallels and run P3 through that. That's how I run it right now. But HO is working on a Mac version of P3, that will probably be out next year.

And it can't come soon enough! I bought a Vista last year (must not be 62 bit) and spent an hour on the phone with HO doing a work around. I hate the thing and only use it for Pampered Chef.

Can't wait until the Mac version comes out!

chefann said:
HO has indicated that P3 is not compatible with the 64-bit version of Vista. It's not published in an easily accessible location, though.

That is not good for people buying a new computer and thinking that what they bought being newer is the answer. I feel sorry for them.

I wish tech support would post some of these things and how to "restore" in places where we could see them. I think I am going to send them a letter telling them this and to update the starting guide and help area.

:)I called Best Buy and they are going to swap me with one that will work. I suggest to anyone else who has this problem to talk to the place you bought it from. The sales people are suppose to tell you that there is a problem with software with the 64 bit. It is the 64 bit operating system that is the problem. It will not work at all if that is what you have. I hope HO will post this in a place where we willlllllllll not miss it. I was told my the tech dept that it has been on C C and in a Consultant news and in the bits but I did not see it. I must be very slow!!! LOL Thanks for letting me vent.

I must be blind too, as I don't remember seeing anything on this either even though it doesn't apply to me right now I like to keep on top of things like this.

Vent away--at least Best Buy is going to swap the computer for you which is good!

Related to Vista 64 Bit & Pampered Chef: Lessons Learned the Hard Way

1. What is the difference between 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems?

The main difference between 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems is their ability to process data. A 32-bit system can handle a maximum of 4GB of RAM, while a 64-bit system can handle much more, up to 16 exabytes (which is 16 billion GB). This means that a 64-bit system can handle larger and more complex programs and processes more efficiently.

2. Can I use my 32-bit Pampered Chef software on a 64-bit operating system?

No, the 32-bit Pampered Chef software is not compatible with a 64-bit operating system. You will need to download and install the 64-bit version of the software to ensure it runs smoothly on your system.

3. Will using the 64-bit version of Pampered Chef affect my computer's performance?

No, using the 64-bit version of Pampered Chef will not affect your computer's performance. In fact, it may even improve it, as the software will be able to utilize more resources on a 64-bit system.

4. Can I switch from a 32-bit to a 64-bit operating system without losing my Pampered Chef data?

Yes, you can switch from a 32-bit to a 64-bit operating system without losing any of your Pampered Chef data. However, you will need to uninstall the 32-bit version of the software and then install the 64-bit version. Your data will still be accessible once the new version is installed.

5. Are there any known issues with using Pampered Chef on a 64-bit operating system?

There have been some reported issues with using older versions of Pampered Chef on a 64-bit operating system. However, these issues have been addressed and resolved in the latest version of the software. It is recommended to always use the most up-to-date version of Pampered Chef for the best experience on any operating system.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• legacypc46
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
gbakes27
  • Tina Berger
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Tina Berger
  • tabnat80