• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why P3 Will Not Work on Some Vista Supported Computers

In summary, there could be a few reasons why P3 is not working on your Vista computer, including not meeting the minimum system requirements, compatibility issues with your specific version of Vista, or conflicts with other software or settings. The minimum system requirements for P3 are Windows Vista or newer, 1.8 GHz processor, 2 GB of RAM, and 5 GB of free hard drive space. To check compatibility, you can go to the Control Panel and click on "System and Security" and then "System." If there is a conflict with other software, you can try disabling or uninstalling it, using compatibility mode, or contacting technical support. P3 should work on your Vista computer if all requirements are met, but if issues
legacypc46
Gold Member
Just had a conversation with the techie gurus at HO. If you purchase a computer with Vista, make sure it is not the 64 bit edition (it will say x64 or Vista 64).

It is not compatible with P3 (and numerous other programs). The reason has to do with the compatibility of code (like I understand what that really means). In addition, Vista 64 will not recognize non-vista 64 drivers...so some of your current hardware may not work with it. (HO doesn't generally talk about anything 'in the works', but I'm sure they are working on a solution....but software development isn't quick).

If you are signing new consultants, it would be good to ask if they are using Vista 64.

P3 does work with the x86-based version of Vista. (Also known as the 32 bit edition.)

I have noticed my computer is VERy much slower since I installed PP3 when i signed on and it is absolutely at a CRAWL whenever it is running.

gbakes27 said:
I have noticed my computer is VERy much slower since I installed PP3 when i signed on and it is absolutely at a CRAWL whenever it is running.

P3 needs a lot of memory to run properly. You probably need to upgrade your memory.

Yeah, I have 64 bit XP here for the extra memory on a critical station and it is a BEAR to get working. I have to virtualize 32 bit Windows on it to handle the applications.

wow - I will try to upgrade memory but what you wrote makes no sense to me other than that. I wish I knew more about computers

Why won't P3 work on my Vista computer?

There could be a few reasons why P3 is not working on your Vista computer. One possibility is that your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements for P3. Another reason could be that there is a compatibility issue with your specific version of Vista. It is also possible that there is a conflict with other software or settings on your computer.

What are the minimum system requirements for P3?

The minimum system requirements for P3 are Windows Vista or newer, 1.8 GHz processor, 2 GB of RAM, and 5 GB of free hard drive space. It is also recommended to have a high-speed internet connection for optimal performance.

How can I check if my Vista version is compatible with P3?

To check if your Vista version is compatible with P3, you can go to the Control Panel and click on "System and Security." Then, click on "System" and you will see the version and type of your operating system. If it is not compatible, you may need to upgrade to a newer version of Vista or switch to a different operating system.

What can I do if there is a conflict with other software on my computer?

If you suspect that there is a conflict with other software on your computer, you can try temporarily disabling or uninstalling any programs that may be causing the issue. You can also try running P3 in compatibility mode or contacting our technical support team for further assistance.

Is there a way to make P3 work on my Vista computer?

If your computer meets the minimum system requirements and there are no conflicts with other software, P3 should work on your Vista computer. However, if you are still experiencing issues, please reach out to our technical support team for assistance. They may be able to provide further troubleshooting steps or alternative solutions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• legacypc46
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • Mel5497
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • sucessfulsue