• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director New Computer? Maybe Non-Compatible W/P3

M
Mel5497
Below is something I posted on CS. Important to know when signing a new consultant...or buying a new computer for yourself.

Just had a conversation with the techie gurus at HO. If you purchase a computer with Vista, make sure it is not the 64 bit edition (it will say x64 or Vista 64).

It is not compatible with P3 (and numerous other programs). The reason has to do with the compatibility of code (like I understand what that really means). In addition, Vista 64 will not recognize non-vista 64 drivers...so some of your current hardware may not work with it. (HO doesn't generally talk about anything 'in the works', but I'm sure they are working on a solution....but software development isn't quick).

If you are signing new consultants, it would be good to ask if they are using Vista 64. P3 does work with the x86-based version of Vista. (Also known as the 32 bit edition.)

Thank you for this. I am contemplating a new computer as my little ole laptop is lagging.

My laptop is only 2 years old and lagged ALOT until we bought it some new memory!! It was well worth the $100 to have P3 run faster!

legacypc46 said:
Below is something I posted on CS. Important to know when signing a new consultant...or buying a new computer for yourself.

So the new 'bigger" version is less compatible with everything? That's counterintuitive isn't it?

Hello there! Thank you for sharing this important information with us. As a consultant, it is crucial to have a computer that is compatible with our programs, especially P3. Thank you for clarifying that the 64 bit edition of Vista is not compatible with P3 and other programs. It's also good to know that the 32 bit edition is compatible, so I will keep that in mind when signing new consultants or purchasing a new computer for myself. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and I will make sure to spread the word to my team. Thank you again for sharing this valuable information.

1. What is the difference between Vista 64 and Vista 32?

The main difference between these two versions of Vista is that Vista 64 is designed for computers with 64-bit processors, while Vista 32 is designed for computers with 32-bit processors. This means that Vista 64 can handle more memory and perform more complex tasks than Vista 32.

2. Why is Vista 64 not compatible with P3 and other programs?

The reason for this is due to the compatibility of code. P3 and other programs are not designed to work with 64-bit processors, so they will not function properly on a computer with Vista 64. This is because 64-bit processors use a different type of code than 32-bit processors.

3. Will my current hardware work with Vista 64?

It depends on the hardware you have. Vista 64 will only recognize drivers that are specifically designed for 64-bit processors. If your hardware does not have a 64-bit driver available, it will not work with Vista 64. It is important to check with the manufacturer of your hardware to see if they have a 64-bit driver available.

4. Is there a solution for using P3 with Vista 64?

Currently, there is no solution for using P3 with Vista 64. The compatibility of code between the two makes it difficult for them to work together. However, it is possible that a solution may be developed in the future, but it is not guaranteed.

5. What should I ask when signing new consultants?

When signing new consultants, it would be beneficial to ask if they are using Vista 64. This will ensure that they are able to use P3 and other programs without any compatibility issues. If they are using Vista 64, you may want to consider providing them with a computer with a 32-bit processor or finding an alternative program that is compatible with 64-bit processors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• legacypc46
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • legacypc46
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
gbakes27
  • gailz2