• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why won't my new computer support 64-Bit Operating Systems?

I was very jittery this weekend until I talked to HO and they said it would be fixed (hopefully) by October.You're welcome. I'm just extremely thankful for my director that she is willing to enter and submit my orders for me until my computer will be able to do p3.
tabnat80
Gold Member
Ok all you computer geniuses, I have a question. As some of you may know, my Dell computer finally went kapowee. The hard drive finally failed last week. So, last weekend, I went to Office Depot and bought a new HP computer. So far so good right. Well, tonight, I went to download the pampered partner plus to my program seeing as how I have a show on Monday night and lo and behold, it won't let me. It says "64-Bit Operating Systems are not currently supported." Hello, Why not? This is a new computer, top of the line, I paid over 1000 dollars. Why won't it work?? I am so confussed. It is a 64 bit operating system. My DH will hit the roof if I tell him I can't use it for my business. We spent all afternoon last Sunday looking for a computer and we chose the one we chose because of it's functionality to my business. We even spent the extra 100 to get office home/student so I could get the one note program to use in my pc business. Anyways, any help would be appreciated.

I've heard (I think its from ChefAnn) that P3 can not support 64 bit only 32. I'd call HO and tech support to complain since a lot of new computers now come with that and don't offer 32. Good luck!

yeah, looking back at some of the previous threads, it does appear that I'm up crap creek without a paddle. I really am shocked that the newer computers don't work with ppp. I wonder if I can put pp on there? Otherwise, I don't have a way to submit shows and I'm not buying another computer seeing as I've only had this one a week. I could just cry. Don't know what to do....

Last edited:
It's actually an issue with a lot of different software, not just P3. Vista doesn't play nice with lots of software, drivers and other things, which is why some manufacturers have the 32-bit version (or even Windows XP) still available on their machines.

Do you know if we are able to put pampered partner on there? Anything is better than nothing.

chefann said:
It's actually an issue with a lot of different software, not just P3. Vista doesn't play nice with lots of software, drivers and other things, which is why some manufacturers have the 32-bit version (or even Windows XP) still available on their machines.

You'll have to call Tech Support, but I think P3 won't work at all with the 64-bit version of Vista.

Just wanted to give yall an update. I called tech support today and they said they hope to have p3 up for 64 bit systems by the end of Sept/First of Oct. In the meantime, my awesome director said she would submit my shows in p3 for me. Now I can breath.

tabnat80 said:
Just wanted to give yall an update. I called tech support today and they said they hope to have p3 up for 64 bit systems by the end of Sept/First of Oct. In the meantime, my awesome director said she would submit my shows in p3 for me. Now I can breath.

Thank you for the update. I am sitting with a 64 bit OS system also.:)

I'm so glad that's on the horizon for you. I would be extremely upset if I were in your shoes!

I was very jittery this weekend until I talked to HO and they said it would be fixed (hopefully) by October. I'm just extremely thankful for my director that she is willing to enter and submit my orders for me until my computer will be able to do p3.

dianevill said:
I'm so glad that's on the horizon for you. I would be extremely upset if I were in your shoes!

1. How can I set up my PPP connection?

To set up your PPP connection, you will need to have the appropriate software and hardware installed on your computer. First, check with your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to ensure they support PPP connections. Then, you will need to configure your network settings, including entering your ISP's username and password. Your ISP should provide you with step-by-step instructions.

2. What do I do if I am having trouble connecting to PPP?

If you are having trouble connecting to PPP, first make sure your network settings are correct. Double check that you have entered the correct username and password for your ISP. You may also need to troubleshoot your modem or router, or contact your ISP for further assistance.

3. Can I use PPP on any type of computer?

PPP can be used on most types of computers, as long as they have the necessary hardware and software. However, some older or outdated computers may not be compatible with PPP. It is best to check with your ISP or computer manufacturer to confirm compatibility.

4. Is PPP a secure connection?

PPP can be considered a secure connection because it uses authentication and encryption to protect your data. However, it is always recommended to use additional security measures such as a firewall and antivirus software to further protect your information.

5. How do I disconnect from PPP?

To disconnect from PPP, you can either close the program or connection you are using to access the internet, or you can go into your network settings and manually disconnect from the PPP connection. It is important to properly disconnect from PPP to avoid any potential connection issues in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• IAmChefJ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • legacypc46
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
gbakes27
  • BlessedWifeMommy