• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did Jonathan from Toshiba save my P3 data?

In summary, The conversation revolved around the speaker's experience with a potential business opportunity from Heavenly Printing, where they would pay $35 a month to have their business card featured in a church's monthly newsletter. The speaker had trouble accessing the church's website due to issues with their computer's Vista program. After troubleshooting with their internet service provider and Toshiba tech support, the speaker's husband was able to retrieve the lost data from their computer's P3 program. The speaker also shared her relief and gratitude for the helpful support, as well as mentioning the possibility of advertising in a church bulletin. The conversation also included updates on the speaker's passport and upcoming plans.
Chefgirl2
Gold Member
I had a home office lead from Heavenly Printing. They wanted me to be a certain church's exclusive Consultant...for $35 a month I would get a business card size add in their monthly newsletter that would go to 285 families. Before committing that much money I wanted to see what I would get. I went to check out their website and couldn't get to it.

Apparently something with my Vista program wouldn't let me check out the church's site. After 40 minutes with my local internet server they told me it must be my computer. I said I'd be calling Microsoft. The tech told me since my computer was new that I should call them. He gave me the number for Toshiba. I was on the phone with Carl for a good half an hour deleting cookies, history and all sorts of things. When that didn't work he had me do a system restore. PC reminded me that I haven't backed up in a week and I should back up now. I did. The computer shut off half way through... at 6:46 I lost everything on P3. Everything. Really. Everything.

I usually do 2-3 shows a week. I did 6 shows last week and none were backed up. One is at $1413. I also had several open shows that I was waiting for the money. We tried undoing the restore and everything else. My husband finally got into the action and I left to pick up my son from soccer.

At 8:00 I decided that my Kids might want dinner. That's when my husband got off the phone with Toshiba and called Tech support. After talking with someone he was finally transferred to the amazing Jonathan. Who Rocks!

If you are not using P3 you will want to start now. Apparently, everytime we close the program a copy is sent to Pampered Chef! We won't have access to it until they email us the download. Patrick never had to go that far because tech support had another way to get to P3.

By no ways am I saying don't back up. I really will do it all the time (my husband had me practice 3 times!) But, as a last resort life saver this was amazing. I love P3...and Jonathan! I even asked my husband to tell him that!

Last edited:
Great news Elaine! I know you are releived. I agree, PC tech support is the BEST!

wooo hooooo

I am so relieved! How cool is that?

Uncool was my husband's response when I told him I hadn't backed up in a week...with all of those shows!!!! He wasn't a jerk. He just made me feel like an idiot. Ughh, like I didn't already. On the other hand, he was so sweet taking care of this with Tech support.

I was almost sick thinking about calling all of my hosts and trying to explain what happened! Thank goodness I didn't have to do it! I love P3!!

That is great! I'll bet you were just ready to have a fit thinking all of that was gone! I am sooooo happy that it turned out well for you!

So glad you were able to retreive everything.

The big question though - did they solve the original problem?

So much for all of the host coaching I was going to do tonight! Or closing those shows! I just poured a glass of merlot and I am relaxing...

I did pray to St. Anthony to find my lost programs. I know that's another thread, but who knows? I did find it.

LOL, go you, a glass of wine and prayer.

Wow Elaine! What a relief for you!
I really need to get off my butt and start using P3. Speaking of getting off one's butt...have you gotten your passport yet?!?!!?!?!? ;)
And where the heck have you been???

tlennhoff said:
So glad you were able to retreive everything.

The big question though - did they solve the original problem?

I didn't even think about that! Just tried it and ...not surprisingly the answer is no! I don't even care.

I wonder have anyone had luck with monthly church newsletters?

I have been thinking (for 8 years) about putting one in our weekly church bulletin. It isn't that much money if you break it down.

Hi Carolyn,

We did get our passports! In fact, really fast...not by choice. But, I am getting excited! Did you get confirmation for the excursion?

I have been around. I had 6 shows last week and I have another 6 this week! I have been laughing at some of the boards, I just have been too busy to get involved.

I am so close to TPC in sales. My goal was to get it tonight! Obviously, it didn't happen. Hopefully it will be tomorrow!

Chefgirl2 said:
Hi Carolyn,

We did get our passports! In fact, really fast...not by choice. But, I am getting excited! Did you get confirmation for the excursion?

I have been around. I had 6 shows last week and I have another 6 this week! I have been laughing at some of the boards, I just have been too busy to get involved.

I am so close to TPC in sales. My goal was to get it tonight! Obviously, it didn't happen. Hopefully it will be tomorrow!

I went in on 2/20 to get my passport and it has STILL not arrived. As a matter of fact I just emailed the travel governemtne people to see what is taking so long.
Crap - excursion...email me the info again please. I printed out the page and the font was so tiny I was gonna go back in and try to make it legible and then forgot and totally dropped the ball...
I can't imagine 6 shows in a week! How do you get your dishes done?!?!
I get frazzled if I have 3 shows in a row.
I can't wait to hear that you got TPC - what wave are you this year? I'd love to go get our diamonds together!!

Hi Carolyn,

I emailed you 2 things. I ended up faxing them and then following it with a call.

As for dishes: I have been only making the Black Forest Torte in the trifle dish. I have made it bigger. She buys 2 cans of pie filling and I make the cake in a 9x13.

Tomorrow I am adding the 30 minute chicken.

It's easier being busy than going a week without a show. At least I know where everything is.

Last edited:
Chefgirl2 said:
As for dishes: I have been only making the Black Forest Torte in the trifle dish. I have made it bigger. She buys 2 cans of pie filling and I make the cake in a 9x13.

recipe please?

I will have to call HO Tech and see if they have a few shows I lost.

When I purchased the Acer computer that I had to take back and lost everything I had in it, I lost 4 shows I just entered and sent! I am using PP3 so maybe they can find them for me! That would be great!

Thanks for letting us know that!

Kelly

Jonwonder if it's the same Jon that I'm working with. ( his name is Jon Johansen) ..my PP3 wont install properly and he has been patiently working with me since we first got our changeover kit...I am a director and should be using it, but for some reason there is a glich and they can't find it yet...He has been so patient and just trying to scheule a window of time (we need 90 minutes each time we talk) with my crazy schedule of running 5 kids around, subbing in the schools,running my business, and now trying to do a huge benefit fundraiser for a little girl in our middle school who has terminal cancer!!!! I have 250 families participating

Tech support is the best.

Glad it all worked out for you Elaine! I really need to get going on P3....:eek:

Chefgirl2 said:
Apparently something with my Vista program wouldn't let me check out the church's site.

Elaine, Did you ever get on their site? Well I was wondering what message were you getting when you were trying to get on the site. Just wondered if it had anything to do with the certificate being revoked?? I've had that problem a few times and found that if you go to Internet Opitions and go to the Advance Tab, go down to Security and uncheck the opition that says Check for Server Revocation it will allow you into those sites that say the certificate has been revoked. Just so you all know. I've never had the problem till I downloaded Internet explorer 7 so oh well...Anyway there is something to help you all out if you ever run into the problem.

Well I just loaded PP3 on and I'm still not sure about it. Guess I'll just have to play around with it some. Only question I have do I have to have an internet connection every time I open the program? Just wondering since I do take my laptop with me to my shows and most of my hosts don't have internet or I can't find a wireless connection....Anyway thanks.

kat29 said:
Well I just loaded PP3 on and I'm still not sure about it. Guess I'll just have to play around with it some. Only question I have do I have to have an internet connection every time I open the program? Just wondering since I do take my laptop with me to my shows and most of my hosts don't have internet or I can't find a wireless connection....Anyway thanks.

You only need to be on the internet to check for updates and to submit your shows/supply orders etc. You can enter your shows without being connected.

Chefgirl2 said:
I had a home office lead from Heavenly Printing. They wanted me to be a certain church's exclusive Consultant...for $35 a month I would get a business card size add in their monthly newsletter that would go to 285 families. Before committing that much money I wanted to see what I would get. I went to check out their website and couldn't get to it.

Apparently something with my Vista program wouldn't let me check out the church's site. After 40 minutes with my local internet server they told me it must be my computer. I said I'd be calling Microsoft. The tech told me since my computer was new that I should call them. He gave me the number for Toshiba. I was on the phone with Carl for a good half an hour deleting cookies, history and all sorts of things. When that didn't work he had me do a system restore. PC reminded me that I haven't backed up in a week and I should back up now. I did. The computer shut off half way through... at 6:46 I lost everything on P3. Everything. Really. Everything.

I usually do 2-3 shows a week. I did 6 shows last week and none were backed up. One is at $1413. I also had several open shows that I was waiting for the money. We tried undoing the restore and everything else. My husband finally got into the action and I left to pick up my son from soccer.

At 8:00 I decided that my Kids might want dinner. That's when my husband got off the phone with Toshiba and called Tech support. After talking with someone he was finally transferred to the amazing Jonathan. Who Rocks!

If you are not using P3 you will want to start now. Apparently, everytime we close the program a copy is sent to Pampered Chef! We won't have access to it until they email us the download. Patrick never had to go that far because tech support had another way to get to P3.

By no ways am I saying don't back up. I really will do it all the time (my husband had me practice 3 times!) But, as a last resort life saver this was amazing. I love P3...and Jonathan! I even asked my husband to tell him that!

Sorry to hear about your computer problems, Elaine but so happy to hear how pleased you are with P3 and that Tech Support can help retrieve your information. That is good to know! So nice to hear that someone else likes the program as much as I do. It's not perfect but it will be soon!

I was talking to my husband and he said that when we close out it goes to a java program in our computer. We would send it to pc and they would open it and send it back to us.

So, it is still VERY important to have a copy somewhere not on your computer. Because if it gets fried like my old laptop it probably would be impossible to get to it without spending a fortune. I have a flashdrive, I think.

They also had another method to retrieve the lost info. They are so great!!

Here is my version of the Black Forrest Trifle. The basic recipe is in the Dessrts Cookbook and was meant for the Chillzane Bowl. I have been prebaking a Devil's food cake in my 9x13 Cranberry Rectangular Baker.

I have the hostess have ready:
1 regular Devil's food mix (for me to take home)
2 -20 ounce cans of Cherry Pie Filling
1and1/2 tsp Almond extract
1/2 cup Cranberry juice(I mix these together in my lg BBowl)
2 cups of milk
2 -3.3 packages of Instant White Chocolate Pudding and Pie mix
8 ounces Cool Whip(I use the Medium Stainless Bowl to whisk the pudding and milk together, then I fold in the cool whip)
2 Hershey bars(I chop 1 and 1/2 up w/the Food Chopper)

I bring the cake in the stone set in the WS Basket. I use the Bread Knife to cube 2/3rds of the cake on the Large cutting board. I offer the rest to any starving guests or kids. Show and pass the Santoku.

Mix everything up in order above.

Then use a Prep bowl to reserve 1/2 cup of cherry mixture.
Show Trifle Dish.
Layer 1/3 of cake, Cherry mixture, Chopped Chocolate and Pudding mix. Repeat. Repeat.

I use the cheese grater to make cute chocolate curls (with the remaining half of candy bar) on top of final layer of pudding. Then I pour cherry mix in center (about the size of Prep bowl lid) to make it beautiful.

Last edited:
Thanks Elaine for the tip. I back up my P3 on a r/w CD.

The trifle recipe sounds wonderful--thanks. I'll have to try it sometime.

pamperedharriet said:
You only need to be on the internet to check for updates and to submit your shows/supply orders etc. You can enter your shows without being connected.

Thank you Harriet for the info. It's nice to know that, now it is just getting use to the program and learning where everything is at. :)

Elaine that recipes sounds so good. I'll have to make that. Thanks for sharing! :D

What is P3 I Love It...and Jonathan?

P3 I Love It...and Jonathan is a popular product line from Pampered Chef that features high-quality kitchen tools and accessories designed to make meal preparation easier and more enjoyable. The line is named after Jonathan, a beloved member of the Pampered Chef team who is known for his passion for cooking and creating delicious meals.

What types of products are included in the P3 I Love It...and Jonathan line?

The P3 I Love It...and Jonathan line includes a variety of kitchen tools and accessories, such as knives, cutting boards, mixing bowls, measuring cups, and more. Each product is carefully designed and tested to ensure it meets Pampered Chef's high standards for quality and functionality.

Why is the P3 I Love It...and Jonathan line so popular?

The P3 I Love It...and Jonathan line is popular because it offers high-quality, durable products that make cooking and meal preparation easier and more enjoyable. Plus, the line is named after Jonathan, a beloved member of the Pampered Chef team, which adds a personal touch to the products.

Are the P3 I Love It...and Jonathan products dishwasher safe?

Yes, all P3 I Love It...and Jonathan products are dishwasher safe for easy and convenient cleaning. However, it is always recommended to check the product's specific care instructions before placing it in the dishwasher.

Where can I purchase P3 I Love It...and Jonathan products?

P3 I Love It...and Jonathan products can be purchased through a Pampered Chef consultant or on the Pampered Chef website. You can also attend a Pampered Chef cooking party to see the products in action and purchase them directly from a consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • erinyourpclady