• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! P3 Got Trashed With My Computer!

In summary, Di_Can_Cook's roomate reformatted her hard drive and lost all her data. She is trying to get her computer fixed so she can reload her data into P3. If her computer is fixed, she will let us know how it went.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
AAAAUUUUGGGHHHHH!!!

My roomate took it upon himself to update my computer, and said he "backed up everything." Unfortunately ... that didn't include P3 OR any of my data that I backed up regularly! Of course, I've only turned in 5 shows ... but still, I DID have customer receipts and tax information!

Is there ANY WAY I can beg HQ to send it to me?

Nope - they won't do it.

How did this roommate update your computer? New operating system or what?

He re-installed Windows XP, updates and de-fragging.

Wonder if they'd give it to me over the phone???

Yahooo ALSO trashed my e-mail just a few days ago ... some of my orders were in there also!!

If I need a receipt in the future can I put it back in if I remember what they ordered?

I've only had 5 shows ... I am tryng to remember what I did as "consultant gifts" for tax purposes!

Did you keep the original show receipts or outside order forms? This may help to figure out some of your data. How did you backup your data? Was it on your computer or an outside source (CD, thumb drive, etc)?

That is the whole problem ....

ONE hostess did things the right way ... filled out actual paper receipts AND gave them to me.

Another hostess took a BUNCH of orders from me ... but couldn't find them every time I asked ... I FINALLY resorted to asking her to give me the orders verbally on the phone. I have yet to receive any original show recipts. And for the record, P3 also had the high maintainance hostess' phone number in it!

The other shows (most of which were MINE) consisted of a single order AT the show and all the rest of them e-mailed or phoned in. And since Yahoo also took it upon itself to PURGE my e-mail account AND folders (and now tries to blame it on me) than that means I no longer have those orders handy, although it was recent enough I pretty much remember what they ordered. Some were orders I placed MYSELF.

ALL of this was on my computer, and P3 prompted me to back up the data regularly. However, since it was not saved in "my documents" it apparently wasn't saved.

If I AM able to rebuild it ... can I re-enter the show data in P3?

You can re-enter the data, but cannot resubmit. They will sit as unsubmitted shows.

As for the install, I always partition my hard drive so if Windows crashes and I need to reinstall, I can reinstall on that partition and not affect data.

It helped save some on my recent hard drive failure.

Of course, 3 weeks of running Spin Rite restored the rest! :)

If he didn't reformat your hard drive, the data should still be there somewhere. When you reload XP, it doesn't delete anything unless you tell it to. You can choose to save all your information. Maybe you could take it to a computer shop to see if they can recover it. Then password your computer so roomie can't mess with it again! :(

I am 99 percent that it WAS reformatted.

It was all done with my complete permission ... However, it was only because a) I was told there were hundreds of "registry errors" and b) I was told that EVERYTHING was saved.

If it sits as an "unsubmitted show" than will the receipts still be valid?

Also ... next time I get prompted to back up data ... can it be saved to my PC folder in My Documents so it doesn't get trashed again?

Last edited:
The next time you back up your data, put it in a couple of places: the default location, My Document (so when you back up that folder it's picked up) and on some form of removable media (CD, flash drive, etc.). If you were to have catastrophic hard drive failure then having it just the first two places wouldn't do you any good, unless you miraculously are able to recover something like Janet did). Flash Drives are inexpensive - office supply stores have them on sale all the time.

Di_Can_Cook:
Please let me know how it goes. My DH has been working all weekend trying to get my computer up and running after a major crash. Luckily I saved all but 2 shows onto a flash drive but still am missing ALL info re: the last two shows which were over $1200 in sales. I feel your pain. If DH can fix it I will let you know how we did it. If he can't we are purchasing a new MAC w/ Parallels. All other computers in our house are MAC's and have been doing well thus far. I only have the PC for the children's school projects and P3.
GOOD LUCK!! I hope it all works out for you.Dawn

I will ....

I have the little doggie searching for any file named pplus just in case. I'm not finding it where I thought I might ...

My data IS backed up monthly on CD's. Roomie did it. HOWEVER ... it did not occur to him that my backup might be some place other than My Documents. So in the future, I want to make sure my files are saved there so they get properly saved.

I Love Hq!OK, called HQ tonight just to ask a few questions!

And I TOTALLY have to brag about the CS representative (Rosemary!)

I was just hoping she could tell me which of my hostesses was number 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5!

She read me the names of ALL my customers! AND the items they all ordered!

(I told her she didn't have to do so for number 2 since that was the only one I have paperwork for!)

At least now I can print receipts for anyone who needs them!

YAY!!!!

Related to Help! P3 Got Trashed With My Computer!

1. What do I do if my P3 got trashed with my computer?

If your P3 has been damaged or malfunctioning due to your computer, the first step is to disconnect it from your computer and try restarting it. If that doesn't work, contact our customer service team for support and possible repairs.

2. Will my warranty cover damage caused by my computer?

Our warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship, but it does not cover damage caused by external factors such as computer malfunctions. However, if your P3 is still within the warranty period, we may be able to offer discounted repairs or replacements.

3. Can I transfer my P3 to a new computer?

Yes, you can transfer your P3 to a new computer. Simply follow the instructions in the user manual or contact our customer service team for assistance.

4. How can I prevent my computer from damaging my P3 in the future?

To prevent your computer from causing damage to your P3, make sure to always properly eject the device before disconnecting it, and avoid exposing it to extreme temperatures or moisture. It's also a good idea to regularly update your computer's software and virus protection.

5. Can I use my P3 with multiple computers?

Yes, you can use your P3 with multiple computers as long as they meet the system requirements and have the necessary software installed. However, we recommend using the P3 with one main computer to avoid potential compatibility issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • kcmckay
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • rbvernon