• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Need Wi Fi to Submit a Show?

In summary, the woman took her laptop to work with her, but there is no wifi there. She plans to take the laptop with her again because she has a show to submit. However, she does not think the library has wi fi, and she has some time to kill between her doctor's appointment and work.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I took my laptop to work with me, only because I was meeting with a host afterwards and didn't want to leave it in the car. There is, of course, no wi fi in that building.

I plan to take it with me again because I have a show to submit. Would do it tonight but I prefer to deposit the checks first.

I think the library has wi fi, but I've never used it outside my house so not sure if it will work. I have some time to kill between my doctor's appointment and work so it may be a good time to submit the show.

If i can only pull up P3 do I need to be connected to the net to submit?;)

You need to have internet connection. If there is WiFi available then you can submit your party. you may need to talk to the library to get the password to access the WiFi.

OK. Thanks. I'm pretty sure it's free.

Not so at work. You need a password and they won't give it to you to use with your own equipment.

A lot of libraries have free internet. I've been known to sit outside of them with my laptop in various towns before shows. You just have to be careful because it's a public internet so while it's probably okay to submit shows since it X's out the cc numbers, I wouldn't do any personal shopping, etc that way.

A lot of the fast food restaurants have free WiFi too. I hear Starbucks does too (I'm not a coffee drinker so I've never tried there).

Sheila said:
A lot of the fast food restaurants have free WiFi too. I hear Starbucks does too (I'm not a coffee drinker so I've never tried there).

Yes Starbucks does - you use to need an AT&T account but you no longer do. You can do a search for free wifi (your town) and there are websites out there that will tell you where others have found it in your area.

There's no starbucks in town (one horse town) and no credit cards except the PC Debit. Which reminds me. Best import that info now, just in case.

If I don't have time I'll do it from home.

Our McDonalds even has free WIFI so check with them most towns have one :)

Just be careful with those free WiFi spots- especially those without a password. That means they have minimal security- so ANYONE can be on that network "sniffing" around (scanning your data for passwords, credit cards, etc).I do not do any banking, credit card transactions, or submitting shows in these areas. My DH works in cyber-security, so he'd have a stroke! ;) Sometimes knowing what goes on, is NOT a good thing.I just wait until I get home on our own Fort Knox to submit the show.

I was going to say mcDonalds. But you need a credit/debit card. It's free for 2 hours but you still need to give them a cc#.

Nanisu said:
I was going to say mcDonalds. But you need a credit/debit card. It's free for 2 hours but you still need to give them a cc#.

I've never had to do that at the McDonalds around here.

The McDonalds is in the process of being rebuilt. Did I say one horse town?Oh well, it didn't matter because:a) the host's order entitled her to a guest special, and I had to e-mail her to find out which one she wanted. (It was in my e-mail but I didn't know it.)
b) The library's wi fi was faulty anyway .... I needed a password and then was told it didn't connect me to the internet. I wasn't the only one having this problem.At work. Banking is done and after all of that and drama with a prescription I couldn't get filled, I didn't have time to mess with it. I'll do it from home tonight.

1. What equipment do I need to submit a show without Wi-Fi?

In order to submit a show without Wi-Fi, you will need a device with an internet connection such as a smartphone, tablet, or computer. You will also need access to a cellular data network or a wired internet connection.

2. Can I submit a show using a public Wi-Fi network?

Yes, you can submit a show using a public Wi-Fi network as long as you have a device with an internet connection and the necessary login credentials for the network.

3. Is it possible to submit a show using a mobile hotspot?

Yes, you can submit a show using a mobile hotspot as long as your device is connected to the hotspot and you have a stable internet connection. Keep in mind that using a mobile hotspot may use a significant amount of data.

4. Do I need Wi-Fi to submit a show from my computer?

No, you do not necessarily need Wi-Fi to submit a show from your computer. You can also use a wired internet connection or a mobile hotspot to submit your show.

5. Can I submit a show without an internet connection?

No, in order to submit a show, you will need an internet connection. However, you can use a cellular data network or a wired connection instead of Wi-Fi.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• straitfan
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • emiscookin