• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Submitting Using P3 and Dial up Connection?

In summary, the conversation is about a person asking for advice on using a dial up connection to submit shows using P3. They recently got a new Macbook and live in an area with spotty internet access. They wonder if they can submit their shows from home or if they will need to go to a location with high-speed internet. Later, they update that they were able to submit their show successfully and thank the person who offered advice. The conversation ends with someone offering additional suggestions and support.
straitfan
Gold Member
Okay, since it looks like things might be down to the wire tonight. Is there anyone out there who successfully uses a dial up connection to submit shows using P3? Just got my new Macbook this week and and using the new Mac version of P3 for the first time today. I have access to high speed at school and my in-laws house (where I was previously using their PC to submit everything, and that's how I plan to submit my shows from now on.) Only problem, is we live out in the boonies (hence the dial up) and those places are 20 miles away, and it's spitting snow!!!! :cry:

IF things come back up later this evening, will I have any luck trying to submit from my nice warm house, or will I have to go for a drive searching for a wi-fi connection? I don't have any problem using any of the features of CC using my dial up.

TIA!

Found out the answer myself through trial and error. About 9 I was able to get onto CC, but not submit, so I went for a drive and tried a friend's internet connection with still no luck. Tried at home here one time before bed and it worked! You have no idea what a relief that SUCCESS message was. (since I hadn't gotten my OWN copy of that extension e-mail in my inbox yet). Good luck all!
Nighty night!

Glad it worked out for you.

Christy, you will probably have no trouble submitting shows via dial up under normal circumstances but HO's server was down yesterday - you were lucky to get your show in at all even with high speed. A lot of people do it via dial up.

Hi there! I'm so sorry to hear about your situation with the dial up connection. I know how frustrating it can be when technology doesn't cooperate with us. While I personally haven't used P3 with a dial up connection, I do have a few suggestions that may help.First, have you tried reaching out to our technical support team? They may have some tips or workarounds for using P3 with a dial up connection. Additionally, have you checked to see if there are any local libraries or cafes with free wifi that you could use to submit your shows? That may be a good option if you don't want to brave the snowy roads.I hope everything works out for you and you're able to submit your shows successfully. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need any further assistance. We are here to help and support you in any way we can.Best of luck and stay warm!

What is P3?

P3 is a protocol used for submitting documents or files over a dial-up connection. It stands for "Packetized Protocol for Pluggable Protocols".

What is a dial-up connection?

A dial-up connection is a method of connecting to the internet using a telephone line and a modem. It is much slower than a broadband connection and is becoming less common as technology advances.

How do I submit using P3?

To submit using P3, you will need to have a dial-up connection set up on your computer. Then, you will need to open your web browser and navigate to the submission page. Follow the instructions provided by the website or service for submitting your document or file.

What are the benefits of using P3 for submission?

P3 allows for more reliable and consistent submission over a dial-up connection. It also has error correction capabilities, which can help ensure that your document or file is submitted successfully.

Are there any limitations to using P3 for submission?

Yes, P3 is primarily designed for use over dial-up connections and may not work as well with other types of internet connections. It also has a slower transfer speed compared to other protocols, which may result in longer submission times.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • raebates