• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dial-up Frustration: Re-downloading the Update Again

In summary, the independent consultant experienced problems when trying to submit their show, and others are having the same issue. The update did not fix their problem. They are going to try to restart their computer.
raebates
Staff member
I did the manual download. Now my P3 won't submit my show. I called the HO. I told them I had re-opened P3 and logged off/logged back onto the internet. They asked if I had restarted my computer. I said yes. After leaving me for a while, she asked when I had downloaded the update. I told her it was around 4 p.m. She said, "Oh, I'm sorry. You'll have to download it and install it again."

Loverly. I still have another 2 1/2 hours of download time. :grumpy: I have dial-up.

I'll be fine. I'm just a little frustrated.

That's lame!
I'm wondering if mine even downloaded. I tried to update and it only took about 5 minutes. I'm on cable modem, but I thought it would take longer from everything that I've heard.

Well Rae I am in the same boat with you except my pampered partner won't open correctly and is all messed up good luck.

Aw, that stinks.

I guess this means, I need to wait until tomorow to open and do the update to make sure they have all the kinks worked out?

It's done, and it's working! I was able to submit my show and my supply order.I appreciate the commiseration, though. :)

I got a weird error today and the HO line said that if you got a logon error to go to the PC website. I did and the download took over an hour but it has all online orders on it now plus when you are putting in a Show, as soon as you get orders on it, it has a box on the Summary Page to add it to the PWS. Don't know what else is out there...

I couldnt get mine to sync tonight, then it popped up with an error and told me to restart, the restart of the program took about 5 min, but it seems to be working fine for me now. I dont have any orders to put through right now to check that out, but i didnt have a problem last night!

Mine was acting weird today too. I think that I will download the update again and then restart my computer. Because I know I did it before 4:00!

pcchefjane said:
Don't know what else is out there...

Go to the Help menu in P3, and select "What's new." It will display a list of what was updated in the new version.

Is everyone having problems? I have opened and closed and opened and had no problems - is it only when you go to submit?

The tech guys at HO told me they were experiencing glitches with the new program and were in the process of fixing it. They advised to keep trying every few hours to download it.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

I only had trouble when I tried to submit. After downloading and installing again about 7:40 last night (which took until after 10) it was fine.

1. What causes the frustration when re-downloading the update for dial-up?

The main cause of frustration when re-downloading the update for dial-up is the slow internet speed. Dial-up connections are known for their slower speeds compared to broadband, which can make the download process take a significantly longer time.

2. How can I speed up the re-download process for the update?

One way to speed up the re-download process is to clear your browser's cache and cookies before attempting to download the update again. This will help remove any old data and optimize your browser for a faster download.

3. Is there a way to avoid having to re-download the update?

If possible, try to download the update using a different internet connection, such as a Wi-Fi hotspot or a friend's broadband connection. This will likely result in a faster download and prevent the need for re-downloading.

4. How can I prevent dial-up frustration when downloading updates in the future?

Consider upgrading to a faster internet connection if it is available in your area. You can also try scheduling updates to occur during off-peak hours when internet traffic is lower, which can potentially result in a faster download.

5. Are there any alternative options for receiving updates if I have dial-up?

You may want to reach out to your internet service provider to see if they offer a faster dial-up plan or if there are any other options available in your area. Alternatively, you can also visit a local library or community center that may have high-speed internet access available for public use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AbbyCookn4U
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • chefann