• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why is PowerPoint constantly updating when I try to submit a show?

you have to start from scratch. I just downloaded the latest update and it's working great now. I think the issue for me was that my computer wasn't up to date. I just downloaded the latest update and it's working great now. I think the issue for me was that my computer wasn't up to date.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
Okay, so I will call HO later today, but I just have to vent.

I have been trying to submit a show, but each time it starts downloading the latest version of PP. Fine....I have dial-up, so it takes forever. I let it run all night Tuesday and in the morning, it was doing something weird as it was installing the update (it looked as if it was starting the process of installing over and over and over and over again! :grumpy:). So I shut off my computer and said "to hell with it!" When I got to work yesterday, I went on the PC website and downloaded the latest update version on my flashdrive and went home and did the update. Tried to send the show again....same thing....it was downloading the latest version!!! What the %$((@???? :mad: :mad: So, last night, I uninstalled all of PP (made a backup first! ;)) and reinstalled. Tried to send the show again......SAME THING!!!! :mad:

Thank you for letting me vent. Hopefully I will get it straightened out soon, because I need to send this show!!!! :grumpy:

Tech support will help you out -- they are awesome. Maybe P3 is one of the announcements at our NC!?!?!

peichef said:
Tech support will help you out -- they are awesome. Maybe P3 is one of the announcements at our NC!?!?!

That would be very exciting! I don't understand why we wouldn't have it.

They actually don't suggest P3 for those with dial-ups b/c it updates much more often. Sorry you're having a problem! Tech support is pretty great about helping.

Jules711 said:
They actually don't suggest P3 for those with dial-ups b/c it updates much more often. Sorry you're having a problem! Tech support is pretty great about helping.

Mine seems to want to update everytime I use it!! It's annoying, but I usually can get the update quicker by getting it off of the PC website and it usually works fine. Not sure what's going on this time. Just hope it's not my computer!!

Hopefully, someday, I'll be able to have highspeed at my place! :rolleyes:

Make sure your computer has all its regular updates as well, especially Java. That's what I had to do a couple of weeks ago. Mine seemed to get hung up like you are describing, too. I called HO tech support and that's what they suggested to try first, and it worked.

Java's not needed for PP, which is what Canadian consultants run. They're not on P3 yet.

PP was doing the same thing to me the other day. It's fine today though. Don't know what the problem is!

So it turns out that TPC has NOT updated the PC website with the latest update of PP, and because I have dial-up, I can't download from PP directly, because it freezes up my computer. So, now, I have to fax my show....which is annoying, because then PP will always say "not sent" in the status...:rolleyes:! Anyway, I'll be faxing in the morning, so maybe it will be done by then.

Thanks for your support in my frustration you guys! :)

:grumpy:I like some of the newer features with P3, but mine is sooooo slow!!!! Sometimes it works great & quick, others extreamly slow--I can't figure out why. Frustrating, esp. if I have a host on the phone trying to close out a show.

I actually went back to PP after using P3. I hate P3! It is sooo slow. I would hit a button, then it freezes. It literally took me 3 days to enter an $800 show. PC said that they were having lots of complaints on it. They also said that I needed more memory on my computer, but I feel they should develop a software program that doesn't take so much space on my computer. I have a really good computer-I shouldn't have to purchase more memory for it! I loathe the day they make P3 mandatory.

Kelly8 said:
I actually went back to PP after using P3. I hate P3! It is sooo slow. I would hit a button, then it freezes. It literally took me 3 days to enter an $800 show. PC said that they were having lots of complaints on it. They also said that I needed more memory on my computer, but I feel they should develop a software program that doesn't take so much space on my computer. I have a really good computer-I shouldn't have to purchase more memory for it! I loathe the day they make P3 mandatory.

How did you go back? I thought you couldn't go back....tell me more please!

You can't transfer shows back to PP from P3. That's a bummer. You just go back to PP and use it like you never stopped. For example, I switched to P3 when I was on show #244, and I switched back to PP on show #331. So there is a big gap in my PP. I tried to open P3 the other day to retrieve a receipt and it would barely open-kept freezing. I just think it's worthless unless you have a brand new, state-of-the-art computer. Does this help?

Kelly8 said:
You can't transfer shows back to PP from P3. That's a bummer. You just go back to PP and use it like you never stopped. For example, I switched to P3 when I was on show #244, and I switched back to PP on show #331. So there is a big gap in my PP. I tried to open P3 the other day to retrieve a receipt and it would barely open-kept freezing. I just think it's worthless unless you have a brand new, state-of-the-art computer. Does this help?

YES! My new computer completely crashed, and with it went P3....the only reason I bought my new computer to begin with was P3!

I'm borrowing JAE's spare computer to continue running P3, and it works, but is slowwwww - but I have PP on my old computer still, with all of my host info up until last September still on it, and I had no idea I could just continue using it!

Thanks so much for the info!

ChefBeckyD said:
How did you go back? I thought you couldn't go back....tell me more please!
You can't go back if you've submitted shows under P3. At least that's what HO announced when it first came out. Once you actually hit "send" from P3, whether it's a supply order, customer order or a show, you're committed.

I guess I'm lucky in that I haven't had any problems with P3, and I'm running it through Parallels, since I refuse to have another Windows-only machine in the house.

chefann said:
You can't go back if you've submitted shows under P3. At least that's what HO announced when it first came out. Once you actually hit "send" from P3, whether it's a supply order, customer order or a show, you're committed.

I guess I'm lucky in that I haven't had any problems with P3, and I'm running it through Parallels, since I refuse to have another Windows-only machine in the house.

But Kelly8 says she went back!

Maybe because I never transferred info from PP to P3, I could go back? They aren't even on the same computer.....and my P3 computer is kaput right now anyway.

That's weird that HO said you can't go back. It was tech support who told me to go back to PP and yes, I had transferred my shows from PP into P3. I just couldn't transfer shows from P3 to PP. But it was still worth going back. I use PP everyday, not P3. So it can be done!

Thanks for the tips on P3, ladies! I will stick with PP. I can't imagine slower and more frustrating then that!!! :eek:

"We can't go back" means that anything that we submit on P3 cannot be seen on PP. In otherwords, once we submit something through P3 if we go back to PP we can't see those submissions. Our records won't be complete and if we go through the trouble of entering it all on PP it won't show submitted.

If you can't stand P3 you CAN go back but you won't have all your info there from during the time that you were using P3.

AND one day they will require us all to move to P3. I finally did in March and some things are frustrating but for the most part I do like it - there are many cool features that you don't see until you make the switch.

Wow I guess I'm lucky because I love P3! I even used it w/dial-up and didn't have problems.

Dial-up...? is that like a VHS?....Record Player?....Beta player?...you get the hint...sorry just being a pain...

LaserDisc? (Although DH and I have a LaserDisc player and a collection of discs.)

What is "Very Annoyed With Pp....vent!"?

"Very Annoyed With Pp....vent!" is a line of kitchen products designed to make cooking and meal prep easier and more enjoyable.

Who can use "Very Annoyed With Pp....vent!" products?

Anyone who loves to cook and wants to make their kitchen experience more efficient can use "Very Annoyed With Pp....vent!" products. They are also great for beginner chefs looking to improve their skills.

What types of products are included in the "Very Annoyed With Pp....vent!" line?

The "Very Annoyed With Pp....vent!" line includes a variety of kitchen tools and gadgets such as knives, cookware, bakeware, and food prep tools.

Are "Very Annoyed With Pp....vent!" products easy to clean?

Yes, all "Very Annoyed With Pp....vent!" products are designed for easy cleaning. Many of our products are also dishwasher safe for added convenience.

Can I purchase "Very Annoyed With Pp....vent!" products online?

Yes, you can purchase "Very Annoyed With Pp....vent!" products online through our website or through one of our independent consultants. You can also find our products at select retail stores.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AbbyCookn4U
  • chefann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Dianneskitchen
  • PChefPEI