• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dial-Up Users: Question About Your Providers?

In summary, both Bobbi and KG have had good experiences with their current providers. Earthlink is a good choice for those who need local access numbers, and netzero is good for those who need a good price and no customer service issues.
esavvymom
Staff member
For those of you who happen to use Dial-up internet, I was wondering about who you may have as your provider? How do you like them, etc?

My parents live out in the country- so they are too far for DSL, or anything of the sort. They currently have a dial-up provider, but they prepay 2 years in advance to get their ($7 mo) rate. The customer service is VERY poor, and who's to say if this no-name company will survive the economy issues, and then just close and keep all their money they pre-paid.

So I was looking at NetZero. It's priced decent, and doesn't seem to have confusing levels of service, etc. Any thoughts either way from those who are in the know? My parents don't do alot on the internet- basic email, browsing, occasional online purchases as needed. Hard to do much with dial-up :) Also, need something that works well with Macs. I'm hoping to get them a mac by the summer.

Thanks!!
Bobbi (That's for KG! :cool:)

We used to use Juno before we got DSL. Never had any trouble with them, and the price was $9.95/month

I live out in the sticks, have dial-up, and use a Mac (I could be your parents! LOL!) I use Earthlink (it was some local provider but years ago was bought out by Earthlink but they kept the ISP providers name in my e-mail address). I pay $19 a month for a certain number of hours access and then it's something like $1 per hour over . (I'm on a lot and rarely go over.) Never had any problems. I get access to Webmail, which allows me to check my mail when away from home, which comes in VERY handy when I go to work in the "big city" and have access to high speed wireless. Earthlink has TONS of local access numbers...they have one for my little wide spot in the road, I'm pretty sure there would be one for them too. HTH

We use to use netzero but it was suppose to be high speed dial up and it was very slow so we switched to peoplepc and I am very satisfied it is $15 a month unlimited use and you can check your email from anywhere.

I'm with earthlink and have unlimited hours. The service is decent. The speed is okay for dial-up.

Yeah. I don't see speed being a huge issue for my folks. I think they barely get 28k connections with what the have. *uggh!!!:cry: GAsp :yuck:Choke!* I about die when I have to work from my parent's house when we go visit for more than a few days. I've got business-class broadband so I'm a wee-bit spoiled! :D

But I'm looking for good reliable service with decent customer service and rates. :) Thanks!

I pay $14.95/mo. It clearly depends on your area. I haven't had any customer service issues.

1. What is dial-up internet and how does it work?

Dial-up internet is a type of internet connection that uses a telephone line to connect to the internet. It works by converting digital data into analog signals that can be transmitted through telephone lines.

2. What are the advantages of using a dial-up internet connection?

Some advantages of dial-up internet include lower cost, availability in remote areas, and the ability to connect to the internet without a broadband connection.

3. What are some common providers of dial-up internet?

Some common providers of dial-up internet include AOL, EarthLink, and NetZero. However, there are many other smaller providers that offer dial-up services as well.

4. Are there any limitations to using a dial-up internet connection?

Yes, there are some limitations to using dial-up internet. It is generally slower than broadband connections, which can make activities like streaming videos or downloading large files difficult. It can also tie up a phone line, making it inaccessible for voice calls.

5. Is dial-up internet still a viable option in today's world of high-speed internet?

While dial-up internet may not be as popular as it once was, it can still be a viable option for those in remote areas without access to broadband. It can also be a good backup option in case of broadband outages. However, for most internet users, a high-speed broadband connection will provide a faster and more reliable internet experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Shawnna
Replies