• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Computer's Software Question

In summary, Michelle and her son got a new laptop, desktop, and software for their home this Christmas. The software is only a 60 day trial and she is wondering if she can just buy one microsoft works 2007 software and install it on all three computers. She also recommends MS Office over works.
schel
Hello!
Santa was good to us this Christmas!! I, my son, and our family recieved a electronic upgrade in our home this season.

Anyways, we got 2 laptops, and a new desktop. The microsoft works program is only a 60 day trial. So... my question is does anyone know if I can just buy one microsoft works 2007 software and install it on all 3 computers? Or do I have to buy 3. Will it work to only buy one? We are not using it for anything else other than home use.

Thanks for help!
Michelle

Most Microsoft programs are good for 3 computers/installations. But if you try to put it on more than 3, it will not let you.

Thank you for the info. This helps me out.
Schel

It should say on the box when you go to get it how many licenses it gives you. Our Student and Teacher edition had three licenses.

Not sure if its just a typo or not but I would HIGHLY recommend that you invest in MS Office (Word) not works. Works usually comes preinstalled and is virtually the bare bones of word processing. You may run into formatting issues when trying to use anyone's Word files.

My student edition of MS Office has 3 installs but I do believe it just depends on if you 'register' them or not...Not too sure on that but I believe that's how they track the licensing.

I completly agree with Melissa 78 about getting MS Office not works!!! Especially if your son is in school, works is not compatable with what is on school computers he would not be able to work on something at home and open it up at school. Go with MS Office that comes with 3 installs!!

The Student/Teacher edition is great for this. The other versions are way more expensive compared to S/T. We had to buy the prof. version for our home business (not PC) and it was $485. :(

I tried using Works for a few months and found that not only could I not always share documents with others but that I could not even open some of the ones I created! If you get even one on-line upgrade, it could mess up work you have already created! It is considered "unstable" by most networks guys. So basically, it is not worth the time, trouble or money. Besides, you can write off the MS Word or Office Suite program on your taxes as a business expense so if you have the money, do that instead.

Also if you want a better deal on Word - go to amazon.com - I got it for half the price that they wanted on their web site.

I agree that Works is not worth the money and is very limiting! I prefer Office. I've never tried the student/teacher version.

You could also download OpenOffice. It is a free/shareware program that opens and runs all Word, Excel and PowerPoint files. You can also file share and people who only have Office will be able to open your files. It looks just like Office. It is all that is installed on the computers at my children's school b/c it is so much more cost effective for schools. Check it out... OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite It is owned by Sun Microsystems.

What is the best software for managing recipes on a new computer?

The best software for managing recipes on a new computer would be the Pampered Chef Recipe Manager. It allows you to easily organize, search, and access your recipes, as well as create shopping lists and meal plans.

Can I import my existing recipes into the Pampered Chef Recipe Manager?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Recipe Manager allows you to import recipes from other formats such as Word documents, PDFs, and websites. This makes it easy to transfer all your recipes into one convenient location.

Does the Pampered Chef Recipe Manager have a mobile app?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Recipe Manager has a mobile app available for both iOS and Android devices. This allows you to access your recipes, shopping lists, and meal plans on the go.

Can I share my recipes with others using the Pampered Chef Recipe Manager?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Recipe Manager has a sharing feature that allows you to share your recipes with friends and family. You can also import recipes that have been shared with you by others.

Is there a cost for using the Pampered Chef Recipe Manager?

Yes, there is a one-time purchase fee for the Pampered Chef Recipe Manager software. However, there are no subscription fees or in-app purchases required. You will have access to all updates and new features for free.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefstover2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Chefstover2
  • milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
milkangel
Replies