• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Laptop to Dekstop File Transfer Question for P3

In summary, Gateway is offering a laptop for $120 with the potential of getting it for free if the person in charge of bids can help.
jrstephens
I posted this in another thread but want to make sure I get a response to it, so, here is a new thread for it.

I have one that I have the potential getting for little to nothing off my husband's school bid list. It needs about $100 of work on it but people have won them before for $5-20. So, I think $120 for a Gateway laptop is AWESOME! I am bidding on the one that he has already bought home to me. I will know sometime in June if I get it. The person in charge of bids is suppose to help us out to get it. I will be very depressed if I loose it after having it in my hands!

Here's my question. If I put P3 on my laptop and use it at shows. If I "back it up" do I use the "restore" on my desktop if I want to transfer the information to it. I would like to have ALL info on both. Does that make sense how I am thinking you can do it? This way, if one crashed I would not have to panic b/c everything is ready to go on the other one.

You got it! Back up one, then use that file to restore the other machine. Just make sure that you're always using one as the primary machine for doing your data entry, so you always back up from that one.

How long does it take to restore to put it on? About the same time as a back-up?and will EVERYTHING transfer..like contact info and little things like that.

Everything should transfer. I've only got the one machine, so I'm not sure. Based on the fact that it's a BACKUP, meant to restore your P3 data in case of catastrophic failure, then it should have everything in it.

THANK YOU for asking this question!! I have been racking my brain thrying to figure out how in the world to do this!! Thank you thank you thank you!!

What is the best way to transfer files from a laptop to a desktop using P3?

The best way to transfer files from a laptop to a desktop using P3 is to use a USB drive or an external hard drive. Simply copy the files from your laptop onto the USB drive or external hard drive, then plug it into your desktop and transfer the files onto your desktop.

Can I transfer files wirelessly between my laptop and desktop using P3?

Yes, you can transfer files wirelessly between your laptop and desktop using P3. You will need to make sure both devices are connected to the same network and then use a file sharing software such as Dropbox or Google Drive to transfer the files.

Is there a limit to the size of files that can be transferred using P3?

No, there is no limit to the size of files that can be transferred using P3. However, larger files may take longer to transfer depending on your internet speed and the size of your storage devices.

What if I need to transfer files from my laptop to multiple desktops using P3?

If you need to transfer files from your laptop to multiple desktops using P3, you can use a file sharing software such as OneDrive or Google Drive. Simply upload the files to the cloud storage and then share the files with the other desktops.

Can I transfer files between a Mac laptop and a Windows desktop using P3?

Yes, you can transfer files between a Mac laptop and a Windows desktop using P3. However, you may need to use a file sharing software that is compatible with both operating systems, such as Dropbox or Google Drive.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• luvmypomeranian
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
angel7581
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
  • Mark Kilby