• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Transfer Info From Desktop to Laptop

In summary, someone suggested that they back up to a CD, but PP won't let them pick the drive that the CD is in. They said that a jump drive is the best way to go because it's the cheapest and you can get them at Office Max for half a gig. They also said that they back up to a little thing that says LEXAR. Jilleysue posted a picture of a similar thing called a Flashdrive on Instagram and said that it saves the world. Kevin informed them that it's called a Flashdrive. Carolyn said that her Thing-a-ma-jig is bigger then yours and is more portable. She also said that
mandydollie
does anyone know how I transfer the information that I have on my desktop in PP to my laptop?

I tried a backup to a CD, but PP won't let me pick the drive that my CD is in....

HELP!!!

what do you normally back up to? do you have a jump drive? or an ipod nano or video?

A jump drive is the best way to go. Back up to the jump drive, take it to the desktop and restore from the jump drive. They're getting cheap, too. Online is where you can get the lowest prices but even Office Max has half gig jump drives at pretty low prices.

oh..my soon to be hubby has a jump drive i do believe...thanks guys!

I backup to a little thing that says LEXAR. It's silver and can connect to my keychain and I have no clue what it's called. But wait - thanks to Jilleysue I can snap a pic of it, shrink th epic and post it here!!

Attachments

• TestShots 107 (Large).jpg
    TestShots 107 (Large).jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 313
yep...his thingymajig (nice word, huh) looks similar... thanks! I'll take care of that tomorrow.

dannyzmom said:
I backup to a little thing that says LEXAR. It's silver and can connect to my keychain and I have no clue what it's called. But wait - thanks to Jilleysue I can snap a pic of it, shrink th epic and post it here!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....OH SEEE....EVERYONE MUST GET THAT LINK!!!
IT SAVES THE WORLD!
YES I USE ONE OF THOSE TOO! Kevin just informed it is called a FLASHDRIVE...lol

haha....flashdrive, jumpdrive or thumbdrive, i've heard all :)

Jilleysue said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....OH SEEE....EVERYONE MUST GET THAT LINK!!!
IT SAVES THE WORLD!
YES I USE ONE OF THOSE TOO! Kevin just informed it is called a FLASHDRIVE...lol

tHANKS kEVNI! hE'S TAUGHT ME two NEW THINGS TONIGHT AND i HAVE NEVER EVEN MET THE GUY!

mandydollie said:
yep...his thingymajig (nice word, huh) looks similar... thanks! I'll take care of that tomorrow.
Now, let's not go posting pics of someone's thing-a-ma-jig, okay?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Bahahahahahahaha:eek:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

My Thing-a-ma-jig is bigger then your Thing-a-ma-jig! Holds more, works faster and is portable...bwaaaahahahahaaa :eek:

I have that same one Carolyn. My daughter dropped it in the sink full of water this weekend. I haven't tried it ou tyet to see if it still works!

thechefofnorthbend said:
My Thing-a-ma-jig is bigger then your Thing-a-ma-jig! Holds more, works faster and is portable...bwaaaahahahahaaa :eek:

I don't know that working faster is necessarily a good thing for a thing-a-ma-jig. :eek:

OK- I'll pull my mind out of the gutter now.

PChefAbey said:
I have that same one Carolyn. My daughter dropped it in the sink full of water this weekend. I haven't tried it ou tyet to see if it still works!

Ya know, some thing-a-ma-jigs are waterproof!

i like my thing-a-ma-jig..... i guess my small town girl homemade word was a hit? OR... possibly.... you're all just making fun of me... which knowing this group is more the case...... :)

thechefofnorthbend said:
I think I have serious Thing-a-ma-jig envy.

chefann said:
OK- I'll pull my mind out of the gutter now.
[Puts mark on calendar]

Let's see how long this one lasts.

mandydollie said:
i like my thing-a-ma-jig..... i guess my small town girl homemade word was a hit? OR... possibly.... you're all just making fun of me... which knowing this group is more the case...... :)

1. We NEVER make fun of anyone (at least to their knowledge) without the prior consent of others who have already treaded that path with much success (and then we all just jump on the bandwaggon).
2. If you see your name or find yourself amongst conversation between the good folk on this forum...RUN!!! (be blessed, that means we are willing to tolerate you either until we get tired of talking about you or you present us with a lawsuit, whichever comes first):p

Bwaaahahahaaaaaaaa....[evil laugh] :D

Last edited:
man... i just took my lawyer off of speed dial!!!!ha ha

mandydollie said:
We are not making fun of you, on the contrary, we are very appriciative of the fact that you (inadvertantly) lobbed up a softball at which, several of us took a free swing.

Whether it's a thing-a-ma-jig, thingy, doohickey, whatchamacallit, whosit or thing-a-ma-bob, this crew will find a way to have some fun with it.

And as long as what-ever-it-is transfers your files successfully, who cares what our gang does with it?

(Anne, still have those patent leather boots?)

That's what I love about this group... a simple question like how the heck do I transfer my info... turns into a couple page discussion about something completely unrelated!

mandydollie said:
That's what I love about this group... a simple question like how the heck do I transfer my info... turns into a couple page discussion about something completely unrelated!

Yes I agree.. we are a cooky bunch aren't we!!

Cheers

Are you accusing us of hijacking threads? Us? Would we do a thing like that?[hijack] Does anyone know where I can get wrought iron hooks to make my own cookware hanging rack? [/hijack]

ChefAggi said:
Yes I agree.. we are a cooky bunch aren't we!!

Cheers
I'm not sure all of us get into a cooky baking mood.

ohhhh.. cookies sound good!!!! :)

You have to clean out your cookies once and awhile, too, because they can really slow down your system.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Are you accusing us of hijacking threads? Us? Would we do a thing like that?

[hijack] Does anyone know where I can get wrought iron hooks to make my own cookware hanging rack? [/hijack]

Try these...Ive used them before

http://www.guadalupeforge.com/shooks.html (for making your own)

http://www.kitchensource.com/pot-racks/av-welcome.html (they have a nice premade selection)

http://www.allpotracks.com/Pot-Rack-Hooks-C8508.html (all kinds of styles here)

HTH!

Well, thanks for the tip - except guadalupe forge has discontinued the hooks :( and the other two aren't quite what I'm looking for. But you had three more sources than I've found so far!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
(Anne, still have those patent leather boots?)
Maybe. ;)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
[Puts mark on calendar]
Let's see how long this one lasts.)
Not very long at all....

But wasn't that my original point? Sometimes you don't want a thing-a-ma-jig that's faster.

mandydollie said:
i like my thing-a-ma-jig..... i guess my small town girl homemade word was a hit? OR... possibly.... you're all just making fun of me... which knowing this group is more the case......
If we didn't like you, we wouldn't waste the brain power thinking up the jokes.

There should be a warning on the Chef's Lounge: Enter at Your Own Risk. Denizens are Feisty and May Talk Back.

chefann said:
Maybe. ;)

Not very long at all....

But wasn't that my original point? Sometimes you don't want a thing-a-ma-jig that's faster.
I wonder if there's a therapist somewhere who could help with premature thing-a-ma-jig?

In California, I suppose.

Related to Transfer Info From Desktop to Laptop

1. How can I transfer information from my desktop to my laptop?

There are a few different ways you can transfer information from your desktop to your laptop. One option is to use a USB drive or external hard drive to copy the files from your desktop and then transfer them to your laptop. Another option is to use a cloud storage service, such as Google Drive or Dropbox, to upload the files from your desktop and then download them onto your laptop. You can also use a network cable to directly connect your desktop and laptop and transfer the files that way.

2. Can I use a backup on a CD to transfer files from my desktop to my laptop?

Yes, you can use a backup on a CD to transfer files from your desktop to your laptop. However, it sounds like you may be having trouble selecting the correct drive to save the backup to. Make sure you have selected the CD drive as the destination for the backup and not your desktop's hard drive. If you continue to have trouble, you may need to consult the user manual or seek assistance from the software's support team.

3. What is PP and why won't it let me pick my CD drive as the destination for the backup?

PP likely refers to the software you are using to create the backup. It is possible that the software is not compatible with your CD drive or that there is a technical issue preventing you from selecting it as the backup destination. It is best to consult the software's user manual or seek assistance from their support team for further guidance.

4. I am having trouble transferring my files, where can I get help?

If you are having trouble transferring your files from your desktop to your laptop, you can consult the user manual for the software you are using or seek assistance from their support team. You can also search online for tutorials or guides on how to transfer files between devices, or ask for help from a tech-savvy friend or family member.

5. Is there a faster way to transfer files from my desktop to my laptop?

There are several ways to transfer files between devices, and the speed of the transfer will depend on various factors such as the size of the files and the method of transfer. Some options, such as using a USB drive or external hard drive, may be faster than others, like using a cloud storage service. It may be helpful to research and compare different methods to find the best and fastest option for your specific needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Aurora
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Aurora
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PamperedChefDebi
Replies