• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Transferring P3 Orders from Laptop to PC: Tips and Tricks

In summary, Tara suggests that you back up your files on whichever computer you are moving to, then do a restore on the new computer.
grainsmommy
I have my first show not at my house tomorrow and I want to load P3 onto my hubby's laptop to take with me. What I'm confused about is how to load the order from his laptop onto my PC where I have all of my master files. Does anyone know how to move tomorrow's orders from his laptop to my PC? I was hoping to have a laptop of my own to do all of my PC work on, but that will have to wait.

TIA!
-Tara

Each time you're moving from PC to Laptop, you have to back up your files on which ever you are leaving, and then do "restore" on the one you're going to. You may want to devise a system to remind you which computer you last used (a bright sticky maybe) so that you always know which one you're working on, because once you restore, you lose all updates you've previously done, and replace them with whatever you've backed up from the other computer.

Why don't you just do the orders by hand with the order forms and a calculator?

Its so much easier to take your laptop and enter orders with the customer right there. I think they don't mind handing you a credit/debit card and you enter it in while they are there and then they don't feel uncomfortable with writing the number down on a piece of paper. Plus you enter all that at the show and you don't take that work home with you.

I personally would never do a cooking show without my laptop.

I have P3 on my desktop and my laptop and I always make sure I back up the laptop first so I know I won't lose any info.

And all of my customers are impressed with PC being so technologically up to date so its a way of showing them how easy being a consultant is because you can also tell them about all the online info and training that is available.

And I've had consultants from other companies tell me how impressed with P3 is when I give them a quick tour of it.

Just my 2 cents.

Tammy

I agree, Tammy. I personally would feel uncomfortable with writing a credit card number on a piece of paper that someone could lose, but it seems a little more secure on the computer. I'm sure that's a false sense of security, but whatever helps the customer sleep better at night!

So...I need to be sure I back up the PC before I go to the party, then after I do the party back up the laptop to a thumbdrive, maybe? Then put the thumbdrive on my PC? I'm so confused, LOL. My recruiter doesn't even know how to do this, so once I figure it out I'm going to help her out, too.

Here's what I do:

Back up my home PC to my thumb drive. Then I restore to my laptop @ my show (I arrive early to set up anyway). Then I back up my laptop @ the show when I'm done. Then as soon as I get home I restore to my home PC. That way I do it the same every time and I don't forget. I always do this right before my show that way I know everything is current...speaking of I'm backing up now getting ready to leave for a show. It works great for me, I haven't lost any data and it is really easy.

Jewel said:
Here's what I do:

Back up my home PC to my thumb drive. Then I restore to my laptop @ my show (I arrive early to set up anyway). Then I back up my laptop @ the show when I'm done. Then as soon as I get home I restore to my home PC. That way I do it the same every time and I don't forget. I always do this right before my show that way I know everything is current...speaking of I'm backing up now getting ready to leave for a show. It works great for me, I haven't lost any data and it is really easy.

THANK YOU!! I think I can manage that :D I'm so excited about this show! It's my very first. My grand opening show my recruiter did for me because I'd never even been to a show, so this is my first solo run. WAHOO!

TammyStar said:
Its so much easier to take your laptop and enter orders with the customer right there.

I've done it both ways. I find it FAR easier to take orders on paper. There is no barrier between me and the customer. People often asked me about the laptop and I think it was a deterrent to joining the business for some.

I'm sticking with my calculator.

So once again we have proved that what works for some doesn't work for everybody and its all about personal preference. I take my laptop everywhere because I have traveled for work and it was my connection to family and friends.

FYI Tara I have the guest sit NEXT to me so they are watching me put their order in and I don't feel like there is a barrier between us.

Tammy

TammyStar said:
Its so much easier to take your laptop and enter orders with the customer right there. I think they don't mind handing you a credit/debit card and you enter it in while they are there and then they don't feel uncomfortable with writing the number down on a piece of paper. Plus you enter all that at the show and you don't take that work home with you.

I personally would never do a cooking show without my laptop.

I have P3 on my desktop and my laptop and I always make sure I back up the laptop first so I know I won't lose any info.

And all of my customers are impressed with PC being so technologically up to date so its a way of showing them how easy being a consultant is because you can also tell them about all the online info and training that is available.

And I've had consultants from other companies tell me how impressed with P3 is when I give them a quick tour of it.

Just my 2 cents.

Tammy
technologically up to date?? As much as I love the online training and all, I was quite upset when I tried to use p3 on my macbook only to find out that it does not work on it! ugh. I have a dell that I am only keeping because of this business. Otherwise it would be in the trash.

Has anyone heard about any updates for P3 for Vista users? My desktop has XP but my DD's laptop that I would take to Shows has Vista. I have heard everyone that has Vista is having some major issues there...

I use p3 on Vista...there's something about 32 vs 64 bit....

doughmama said:
technologically up to date?? As much as I love the online training and all, I was quite upset when I tried to use p3 on my macbook only to find out that it does not work on it! ugh. I have a dell that I am only keeping because of this business. Otherwise it would be in the trash.
Oh, I agree with you 100%!!! I can't wait for Pampered Chef to wise up and get P3 for Macs. It's really irritating for sure!!!!!!!! Oh, I'm using my husbands REALLY slow HP. I think once you switch to Mac, you NEVER go back. LOL

I have vista and have had no problems at all

What is P3 on 2 Computers?

P3 on 2 Computers is a feature offered by Pampered Chef that allows you to access your P3 account on two different devices, such as a laptop and a tablet.

Do I need a separate subscription for each device?

No, you do not need a separate subscription for each device. Your P3 subscription allows you to access your account on two different devices.

Can I use P3 on 2 Computers simultaneously?

Yes, you can use P3 on 2 Computers simultaneously. This means you can have P3 open and actively working on both devices at the same time.

What happens if I exceed the two device limit?

If you exceed the two device limit, you will receive a notification and will be asked to log out of one of the devices before you can log in on another device.

Can I change which devices I use for P3 on 2 Computers?

Yes, you can change which devices you use for P3 on 2 Computers. Simply log out of one device and log in on the new device you want to use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tx_deputyswife
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
tx_deputyswife
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • mandydollie
  • General Chat
Replies