• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Printing Receipts with a Laptop: What to Do?

In summary, if you use a laptop to input cooking shows & to take actual shows, you would need to print receipts for outside orders, but you can print off PP receipts for host orders.
naekelsey
Gold Member
For the some of you who use a laptop to input cooking shows & to take actual shows, what do you do when you need to print receipts?

I have a laptop and would love to use it for shows but do not have a printer to hook up to it. Unhooking the one used on our pc and hooking it up to our laptop would take forever!

And then it would be double to work if I had to also input the shows onto my pc...

I just use the regular order forms, have the customer call off her/his choices as I enter them (it verifies everything is correct) then use the totals from PP to write on the bottom of the form, and let them keep the customer copy.

What KG said.

So do most you use the several parts order forms instead of printing on the pp receipts?

I use the multi-part form so the customer and I have identical records to refer back to. Some people use their own forms or outside order forms but I don't like someone having a copy of paperwork that I don't have a copy of.

I also do exactly what KG explained. I ONLY send receipts for outside orders and host orders. So far, it works GREAT! And I go back and verify address and everything when I get home.

I too do as KG does - fill out the 3 part form at the show and give them the guest copy. Once I close the show with the host, I print the receipts from home and mail them to the host to include with their orders. This has also helped me because sometimes the packing slips don't get included so the host knows who has what.

I usually use the three part write in forms too but in May I am using the print off forms from the web because the specials aren't in the catalog (did that in April too). When doing that I remind everyone that this is not an official receipt.

I use the downloaded receipts for the host to use to collect orders outside of the show and then print off the PP receipts for those outside orders and the host only (and April & May because of the non-catalog specials). It's less expensive to use the three part forms (because of the ink) and they get to take the receipt home, host has one and so do I. I haven't been keeping my copy of the receipt once the show is shipped for some time now.

I was doing like KG, but then I just started using the OOF as the show order forms. I ran out last season before I could place another order and it was just easier to use the OOF. I print off my own (not from CC). I hated having to stamp in all those spots on the triplicate forms also. I can just print off my forms then I do print off the official receipt on the PP receipt paper.

If I print off too many OOF for a host (I put in their tax, it flucuates here for some areas) I use the back for my daughters scrap paper or recycle them. A few times I have used them again just covering up the other host's information.

I think I'm going to use the OOF in May because as Beth pointed out, then it has the specials on it.

Chef Kearns said:
I hated having to stamp in all those spots on the triplicate forms also.

I quickly flip to the customer copy, and stick my consultant info label in the area....and leave the other parts empty, I don't need to know my info!

jenniferknapp said:
I quickly flip to the customer copy, and stick my consultant info label in the area....and leave the other parts empty, I don't need to know my info!

I do that, too. Just stamp the 3rd copy for the customer and that's it!

I stamped all of the spots because you never know. Sometimes I would rip the bottom copy (the one that goes to the guest) and have to give them one of the other ones. Or they need to know my name for a check (when I was accepting checks). I used to give these copies to the host also to hand out with the products, so all the spots have to be stamped. I did not stamp the middle form (that was the one I usually held on to), but that is still quite a bit of stamping.

DebbieJ said:
I do that, too. Just stamp the 3rd copy for the customer and that's it!

You all are so SMART!! I never thought of doing that. What a time and ink saver!!

I use the laptop at the demo to input the complete show so that when I get home everything is already there all I have to do is verify and plug in the printer for outside orders only and then i am ready to transmit, to me it is alot easier doing the orders in front of the guest in case a number is wrote down wrong or there writing is sloppy where you cant read it, less errors it has been working good for me for over a year now

I have used my laptop, still use the triplicate order form. BUT my last few shows I haven't brought the laptop to cut down on what I carry and to get me out of there a little faster--I don't really mind the extra 20 minutes at home to input, but I found with people lining up and not really doing any of their order form until they got to me, the order process was pretty slow. I do like the laptop b/c if I make a mistake I am aware of it in front of the customer (like selling something not yet available or calculating tax wrong).

I use a laptop and the write in triplicate forms. I am printing off official copies and mailing to the host with the thank you letter and instructions once the show closes (especially since I'm still using fall/winter write ins). I bought a very cheap printer ($39) at Wal-mart to take to shows to print, but my old laptop had a printer driver error the first time I tried to use it and then I wanted to use up the forms. Once they are gone, I may take the printer with me again (since I have it) but we shall see.

If you use the write ins or even the itemized, there is no need to print a receipt from PP again. Just give the customer the back copy and give the host the front copy before you leave. Save $$ on paperwork, ink, and postage!

I do not currently have a laptop but may be getting one.

I now use OOF at shows and then print reciepts from PP when I get home and give them to the Host for her to include when she delivers the order. Saves me from having to order additional receipts when I can copy the OOF for free where I work.

jrstephens said:
I do not currently have a laptop but may be getting one.

I now use OOF at shows and then print reciepts from PP when I get home and give them to the Host for her to include when she delivers the order. Saves me from having to order additional receipts when I can copy the OOF for free where I work.
At least, until you get caught.

Thanks for all the ideas!!

1. How do I connect my laptop to a printer for printing receipts?

To connect your laptop to a printer, you will need to have a USB cable or a wireless connection. If using a USB cable, simply plug one end into your laptop and the other end into the printer. If using a wireless connection, make sure both your laptop and printer are connected to the same network and follow the instructions for setting up a wireless printer on your laptop.

2. Can I print receipts directly from my email on my laptop?

Yes, you can print receipts directly from your email on your laptop. Open the email with the receipt and click on the print icon or go to File and select Print. Make sure your printer is selected and click Print.

3. How do I adjust the print settings for printing receipts?

You can adjust the print settings for printing receipts by going to File and selecting Print. A print settings window will pop up where you can choose the number of copies, paper size, and orientation. Make sure to click Print when you are finished adjusting the settings.

4. Can I print receipts in color or do they have to be in black and white?

This will depend on your printer and the receipt format. If your printer is capable of printing in color, you can print receipts in color. However, some receipt formats may only allow for black and white printing. Check your printer settings and the receipt format for more information.

5. Is there a way to save receipts as PDFs for printing later?

Yes, you can save receipts as PDFs for printing later. When you are in the print settings window, instead of clicking Print, select the option to Save as PDF. This will save the receipt as a PDF file on your laptop, which you can then print at a later time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• grainsmommy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kristenlee
  • PCMelissa
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kam
  • Mindy50135