• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exciting News: I'm Getting My MacBook Thanks to Pampered Chef!

In summary, Ann received a MacBook as a gift last year and is now getting a new laptop because she reached her goal for the first month of sales.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I asked for money to go towards a laptop for Christmas last year and said that the first month I do over $4000 in sales I will use that money to buy the rest of my laptop. Well, in May I did over $4000 so I get to get my laptop. I'm getting a MacBook since I'm a Mac girl who hates being stuck in the PC world. I cannot wait. Thanks Pampered Chef!:D :love: :chef:

You're so lucky!! CONGRATULATIONS!! That is so awesome. The Macbooks look really nice. If I get a laptop down the road, that will be what I'll be leaning towards.

Enjoy it! :D

Are P3 and Mac compatible? I thought I heard they weren't, but I could be wrong!

Congrats to you, I am SOOOOO jealous!!! I really thought I would get one this year w/ stimulus, but it didn't happen...soon I HOPE!!!!

Cool!! You're going to LOVE it!! I have a 13" MacBook that was my anniversary present last year. I run P3 through BootCamp and Parallels. Other than P3, we're completely Mac at home.

chefsteph07 said:
Are P3 and Mac compatible? I thought I heard they weren't, but I could be wrong!

Congrats to you, I am SOOOOO jealous!!! I really thought I would get one this year w/ stimulus, but it didn't happen...soon I HOPE!!!!
You can run windows on the Mac. So I still have to deal with Windows to run PP (need to desperatley switch to P3) but that's it.

I think we all need to bombard HO with Mac requests!

Ann, I am super excited! I have been waiting forever. Plus I get to take it to my shows. It will help out so much!

HO is working on a Mac version, but it won't be out for at LEAST 1 1/2 years. Colleen and I bugged the tech guys about it at Leadership, and they said it's in the works but nowhere near ready for even beta testing yet. If, however, more of us request it, they may throw more programmers at it to get it done faster. :)

Heck yah! I think I'll email them when I get my laptop. They really need to diversify or at least quit discriminating against us Mac users!

Waaaay back, there was a Mac version, but they had already stopped supporting it when I started in 2001.

they are closer than we think---Faruuk is the man who support MAC--HO bought them a mac--And they are working on a program -

wadesgirl said:
You can run windows on the Mac. So I still have to deal with Windows to run PP (need to desperatley switch to P3) but that's it.

I think we all need to bombard HO with Mac requests!

Ann, I am super excited! I have been waiting forever. Plus I get to take it to my shows. It will help out so much!

I'm still on PP as well..I think I'll TRY to make the switch during the changeover season! I don't like change! ha ha

MORFIA said:
they are closer than we think---Faruuk is the man who support MAC--HO bought them a mac--And they are working on a program -
Yah! Can you use your special director powers and push them harder! :D

By the way, I love the tote. I've retired my catalog tote and use this exclusively. It's so much more professional looking than the catalog tote. And I cannot figure out how to tie the ribbon but I did just wrap it through the loops twice and pin the ribbon together with a HWC pin.

COOL!!! :) I hope you love love love it!

chefsteph07 said:
I'm still on PP as well..I think I'll TRY to make the switch during the changeover season! I don't like change! ha ha
I don't have anything about changing over, I'm just lazy! And busy lately but then again I was going to change over at Christmas when I didn't have a show for two weeks and no it's almost July! I was thinking that if I took my laptop on my vacation in July (not for sure about taking it out in the hot humid weather yet, I may baby it for a while) or to conference of switching over then on the long car ride.

Okay, can someone explain to me the difference between PP and P3? I don't think we have P3 in Canada...but I could be wrong...wouldn't be the first time!! LOL

sorry for highjacking........ ;)

You're right, P3 is US only right now. It's a new version of PP, based on different programming. It has a more modern look, and some different features than PP.

wadesgirl said:
I asked for money to go towards a laptop for Christmas last year and said that the first month I do over $4000 in sales I will use that money to buy the rest of my laptop. Well, in May I did over $4000 so I get to get my laptop. I'm getting a MacBook since I'm a Mac girl who hates being stuck in the PC world. I cannot wait. Thanks Pampered Chef!:D :love: :chef:

YAHOO!! I know you will love it!! PC bought mine last year. It has been wonderful to have for work and play!

I got it today! I've been so busy and had a show tonight that it's still sitting in the box but I talked about it at my show tonight - how PC helped to pay for something I never could have bought.

I got my laptop up and running and of course the first thing I did was check my email and come on here! Next I need to hook up Windows so I can transfer PP over and possibly just start with P3! One nice thing is that it does auto spell check like Word does so I can tell if I'm typing something wrong. The keyboard is also very quiet so I can use it in the living room and not bother DH. I like this because there are a lot of times I feel like I'm in my office for no good reason when I could be spending time with DH. Silly space bar squeaks a little... That will drive me nuts for a while. I do think I need to get an external mouse and 10 key pad only because I'm so use to using both of those.

You can hold down the function (fn) button and use the regular keyboard as a numeric pad. The numbers are in the lower right corner of the keys.

chefann said:
You can hold down the function (fn) button and use the regular keyboard as a numeric pad. The numbers are in the lower right corner of the keys.
Really? I'll have to try that. After using a Mac for years and having to use a PC for the last 2 years, I've noticed that it will take me sometime to get back into the swing of things. I noticed that they have replace the "Open Apple" button (that's what we used to refer it as) with a Cntl button.

Now I just need to get Bootcamp up and running and I'm all set.

Actually, cntl and the apple button (technically, the Command key) are 2 different things. You should have 4 keys to the left of the spacebar: function, ctrl, alt/option and command/apple.

Wait, maybe it was the command button! I'm not at home to look at it but it was the key closest to the space bar. I was looking for the old apple button and it wasn't there!

That's it. My MacBook is from last summer, and it has the apple and the command symbol on it. But I think the newer ones have eliminated the apple symbol. It's the same key as you remember, though.

Good, it threw me off a little!

What is "I Get My Laptop Tomorrow!"?

"I Get My Laptop Tomorrow!" is a program offered by Pampered Chef where consultants can earn a free laptop by achieving certain sales and recruiting goals.

How do I qualify for "I Get My Laptop Tomorrow!"?

To qualify for "I Get My Laptop Tomorrow!", you must be an active Pampered Chef consultant and achieve $15,000 in sales and recruit 3 new team members within a 3 month period.

What type of laptop will I receive?

The laptop earned through "I Get My Laptop Tomorrow!" is a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series with a 15.6 inch display, 8GB of RAM, and a 1TB hard drive.

When will I receive my laptop?

Your laptop will be shipped to you within 2-3 weeks of qualifying for "I Get My Laptop Tomorrow!". You will receive an email with tracking information once it has been shipped.

Can I choose a different laptop or opt for cash instead?

No, the Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series is the only laptop option available through "I Get My Laptop Tomorrow!". Cash cannot be given as an alternative reward.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • Jess_K
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies