• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Choosing a Mid-Range Dell Laptop for Pampered Chef Business

In summary, the Latitude D620 is a good laptop for someone who is heavy use. The Dell Inspiron and Studio are both good laptops for people who are not heavy use.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
Hoping some Dell lovers can help me out. I have 2 teens and can't get on my computer. So I need to get a laptop and have pretty much decided on Dell :D. I would like to take advantage of the Boxing Week specials. What to get? Dell Inspiron, Studio??? Any pros or cons?? Is it better to get a 15 or 17". Dell has all the upgrades available and I'm nut sure what to add on. Extra memory?? Glossy or matte screen. Speed?? :confused: Help.......I just want a mid-range laptop that can carry me thru the next couple of years with my pampered chef business and personal use. Thanks for the help. Canadian specials include Dell Inspiron 15, Studio 15, Studio 17, Inspiron XPS 1330. Oh yeah, I probably need a D link router, right. I can probably get that anywhere, right. I have $100 to use at Future shop, so can probably grab it there. Ohhh...I love computers but am useless with the technical part of it. I'm worried that if I talk with a salesperson, I'll end up buying something high end that is totally way over what I need. :yuck:

I have a Dell Latitude D620 for my full-time job, and I have been using it at least 8 hours a day, 5-7 days a week for the past 2 years. So far, the only thing that has worn out is the keyboard, and a replacement cost less than $50.

It's not fancy but it's fast and holds a lot. I am very happy with it.

Hope that helps -

I would suggest you look at the lighter laptop if you plan on taking it with you to your shows and/or travel. I wish mine was lighter and I just have a 600m Inspiron. Dell is definitely the way to go for laptops. Also, do invest in the three year warranty. Most laptops need to be upgraded or die in three years. Luckily mine just needs to be upgraded.Get a thumb drive or portable hard drive for extra space, don't waste money and weight on extra drive space in your laptop. Make sure you get lots of RAM.

Don't have time to write much but wanted to 2nd the drive space...big drives are just more likely to fail in laptops. Stick with something smaller...

Hmmm...so what is a good size of drive space to get? Something lighter in weight? How do I determine that? I really mean it when I say I have no idea when it comes to laptops! Does anyone know the difference between Inspiron and Studio?

I'm not good at computer lingo....my dh ordered mine for me! But, I LOVE my Inspiron; it's a 14" & I think it's plenty big.

I have the Inspiron and have had it almost 3 years and love it.

I have a Dell Inspiron 9200, I got it in Oct 2004. When we purchased it Husband said, "get the biggest, baddest machine we can find!" Turns out he was right. We got the fastest processor, the most RAM, and a large screen. Now this is not the lightest machine, and at times I wish it were, but it is still a great laptop today. The screen is large, which makes it great for spreadsheets and working on flyers and projects where it helps being able to see a large portion of it. The hard drive is huge and so far, so good.

I really want a lighter machine, but can't justify getting one because this one still runs so well. I heartedly recommend the Dell machines.

I use my studio 17" and absolutely love it... it is a bit heavier (7.9 lbs) than the others, but the number keypad is ideal when using at shows... it makes entering in shows that much faster...
I suggest getting the matching mouse with it as well... it is tiny and compact but much faster than using the keypad...

I have a Latitude D530. I know nothing else about it. I went to the Dell site and went under the small business computers rather than home. I purposely chose not to get Vista. That's all I remember.

I got my Inspiron off of ebay. It was a brand new one that was returned w/in 20 days or was rejected at delivery site. I saved $600 by buying it off of ebay vs at Dell. I still got all the Dell perks to. Love it and have not had any problems with it yet.

1. Which Dell laptop model is the best for Pampered Chef business?

The Dell XPS 13 is a popular choice among Pampered Chef consultants due to its lightweight design, long battery life, and high performance capabilities. It also has a sleek and professional appearance, making it perfect for business use.

2. What is the ideal price range for a mid-range Dell laptop for Pampered Chef business?

The ideal price range for a mid-range Dell laptop for Pampered Chef business is between $700 and $1000. This will ensure that you get a high-quality, reliable laptop with all the necessary features without breaking the bank.

3. Does the Dell laptop need to have a touchscreen for Pampered Chef business?

No, a touchscreen is not a necessary feature for a Dell laptop for Pampered Chef business. However, if you prefer a touchscreen for easier navigation or presentation purposes, you can opt for the Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series which offers a touchscreen option within the mid-range price range.

4. What is the recommended RAM and storage for a mid-range Dell laptop for Pampered Chef business?

For optimal performance, we recommend at least 8GB of RAM and a minimum of 256GB of storage. This will allow you to run multiple programs and store important files without any lag or storage issues.

5. Are there any specific features to look for when choosing a mid-range Dell laptop for Pampered Chef business?

Aside from the standard features such as a fast processor, good battery life, and sufficient storage, it is recommended to look for a laptop with a built-in webcam for virtual meetings and presentations, as well as a backlit keyboard for working in low-light situations. Additionally, consider the overall weight and portability of the laptop if you will be traveling frequently for your Pampered Chef business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lacychef
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • RossDeb2
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
janetupnorth