• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

From SAHM to Working Mom: My Journey and Exciting News!

In summary, after being a stay-at-home mom for 9 years, Heather's husband encouraged her to find a part-time job. She started searching in the beginning of the year and was hired for a job that pertains to her college major of Recreation therapy. She is excited, scared, and sad at the same time as her journey as a full-time SAHM is now over. However, she is grateful for this opportunity as she will be able to work during her kids' school hours. She is unsure about the future of her PC career, but hopes to remain active with one party every other month. Heather is excited about the job and is grateful that she can use PC recipes in her new role, such as teaching meal planning.
heat123
Silver Member
Well after 9 years of being a SAHM, my two dds both entered school this year and my husband wanted me to find a part time job. So I started searching at the beginning of the year.

As soon as the girls started school, I found a job, and they hired me and I start next tuesday! :)

So excited, scared and sad at the same time. This job pertains to my college major of Recreation therapy so I am ecstatic about that.

My journey as a 100% SAHM is now over but this job will allow me to work during my kids school hours so I am very fortunate and thankful! :)

I don't know what this means for my PC career, as I have been barely active since 2009 but I do have 3 parties for Sept and Oct and Nov at least. IT's been a GREAT 5 years with PC. I hope to stay active with 1 party every other month at the least.

Thanks for letting me share the Exciting News!:D

Congratulations, Heather! I hope you find the job fun and rewarding.

Me too, it sounds like it will be Perfect for me! :) thanks!

Congratulations Heather!

Congratulations.

Thanks ladies! :)

Heather,
it sounds like you are so excited about this opportunity, and that us what I love to hear!

I'm sure with your education and your background working within your family and PC you will be absolutely great!!! Recreation Therapy has so much to contribute. I wish you all the best!

BlueMoon said:
Heather,
it sounds like you are so excited about this opportunity, and that us what I love to hear!

I'm sure with your education and your background working within your family and PC you will be absolutely great!!! Recreation Therapy has so much to contribute. I wish you all the best!

Thank you! I am soo excited and the best part.. one of the things I get to do is teach "meal planning". So PC recipes can ACTUALLY be used in this new job!

Sure rub it in! No, really, I am happy for you. This really sounds like something you will be able to master. And no one said you can't use PC recipes! It's Good For You has easy and yummy recipes! What is even better is that our recipes have the nutritional info so making those choices is easy too! Good luck and Congrats!

Big congrats have a great first day.

Thanks everyone! Kind of nervous, as it's been 9 years since I had a "day" job. :O lol

Congrats.

My youngest is in K this year and I've been dragging my feet looking for a day PT job. You've inspired me that maybe 1 is out there btwn 9-2 :) Best wishes!

flemings99 said:
Congrats.

My youngest is in K this year and I've been dragging my feet looking for a day PT job. You've inspired me that maybe 1 is out there btwn 9-2 :) Best wishes!

I was very Lucky to have found one that could work with my 830-130 availablity and I said evenings were possible after my husband got home ;) but no weekends I requested :). So This sounds like the Perfect job for me, working with disabled clients teaching them life management skills (including cooking and meal prep) :p

thanks for the well wishes :)

Did you start today? How did it go?

BlueMoon said:
Did you start today? How did it go?

Kinda of... I filled out new hire paperwork, got my DMV record pulled and finger prints scanned. I still have to renew my CPR/ 1st Aid card and take some online training courses. But tomorrow I get to start observation training. So excited! ;) Thanks for asking! :D

Cool! I am so happy to hear that!

Yeay! My first day of training went well! It's going to be very interesting working with clients with such different personalities and disabilities! ;) I like it soo far. :p

What is "Yippeee I Got a Job!"?

"Yippeee I Got a Job!" is a phrase often used to express excitement and joy about receiving a new job opportunity.

How can I celebrate getting a new job?

You can celebrate getting a new job by sharing the news with your friends and family, treating yourself to a nice meal or activity, or even hosting a small gathering to celebrate with loved ones.

What are some tips for starting a new job?

Some tips for starting a new job include arriving early, dressing professionally, asking questions, and being open to learning and adapting to the company's culture.

How can I make a good impression on my first day of work?

To make a good impression on your first day of work, be friendly and polite to your coworkers, listen and take notes during any orientation or training sessions, and show enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.

What can I do to ensure success at my new job?

To ensure success at your new job, it is important to establish good communication with your coworkers and superiors, take initiative and be proactive in your work, and continuously strive to improve and learn new skills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • janezapchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
ragschef