• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it time for me to go back to work? Excited for a potential job opportunity!

In summary, my friend told me there was an opening at her employer, and I just need to find daycare for my kids. I am so excited and hope this works out!
ahammons
I've been a SAHM for the past 3 3/4 years, but am now thinking about going back to work. I'm so nervous about leaving the kids, but there are several reasons why I'm looking - I feel like I really need this. Anyway, one of my best friends just called this morning to let me know that there's an opening with her employer. They need someone ASAP, so I just need to find daycare for my kids, and she's already put in a good word for me. She talked to the President of the company and he wants me to fill out a full application, which is actually the second step of their hiring process. I've already set up an interview with a daycare that's close to where I'd be working. I am so excited and I really hope this works out! :D

ahammons said:
I've been a SAHM for the past 3 3/4 years, but am now thinking about going back to work. I'm so nervous about leaving the kids, but there are several reasons why I'm looking - I feel like I really need this. Anyway, one of my best friends just called this morning to let me know that there's an opening with her employer. I just need to find daycare for my kids, and she's already put in a good word for me. She talked to the President of the company and he wants me to fill out a full application, which is actually the second step of their hiring process. :D I am so excited and I really hope this works out!

WOW! Let us know how it all turns out. What kind of job is it? Will you still do PC?

It's a front desk/customer service position for a popular Collision repair center in our area. My friend has worked there for over 5 years and would be the one to train me. I'm so glad she thought of me! :) (They actually filled the position, but the girl quit on her second day!) I will try to continue with PC - it's really just a hobby now, but I love it. I'm actually freaking out a little bit b/c my one January show cancelled and hasn't been rescheduled yet. I'm hoping I can squeak by and not go inactive!!

Best wishes!

I still haven't heard anything about the job - my friend said they are kind of dragging their feet about hiring the replacement. :) But, just in case I do get an offer, I already have daycare lined up for my kids. We visited the center last Friday and I love it! My oldest didn't want to leave. lol

What about PC? did you get a show or sales to stay active?

I still can't get in touch with the girl who is supposed to reschedule, but I have gotten $80 in individual orders so far. I just heard from one of my best customers the other day and she'd like to place another order as well. As of right now, I only need $35 more in orders this month to stay active. I know I can do that! :D

best of luck!! I need a job too!

1. What does "I Think I May Have a Job!" mean?

"I Think I May Have a Job!" is a phrase commonly used when someone is uncertain about whether or not they have been hired for a job. It can also be used when someone is still waiting to hear back from a potential employer.

2. How can I confirm if I have a job or not?

If you have been offered a job, the best way to confirm it is to contact the employer and ask for written confirmation. This can be in the form of a formal offer letter or an email outlining the job details, salary, and start date. If you are unsure, it is always best to clarify with the employer to avoid any confusion.

3. Can I still apply for other jobs even if I think I may have a job?

Yes, you can continue to apply for other jobs until you have received a formal job offer and have signed a contract. It is important to keep your options open until you have accepted a job offer and have officially started working.

4. How should I respond if I am told "I Think I May Have a Job!"?

If someone tells you "I Think I May Have a Job!", it is best to ask for clarification and ask if they have received a job offer or are still in the interview process. You can also offer support and advice on how to confirm the job offer with the employer.

5. Is it normal to feel uncertain about having a job?

Yes, it is normal to feel uncertain about having a job, especially if you are still waiting for confirmation. It is important to stay positive and communicate with the employer to avoid any misunderstandings. Remember to also continue applying for other jobs until you have received a formal offer and have accepted it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
heat123
Replies
Views
ragschef
Replies
Views
Tropicalburstqt2
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat