• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Executive Cookware Dilemma: Choosing Between 12" Skillet or 7 Piece Set - HELP!

In summary, the person is getting ready to close their only show for September and the host, who is a friend, is not using the host special. The person is undecided about what they want to buy. They have a dilemma because they have a friend who is soon to be moving on her own again and has nothing after her divorce. They have promised her their old cookware and the 7 piece set will replace everything the person currently owns. However, the person had only planned on buying the 12 inch skillet. Their husband threw them a curveball and said he was okay with spending $150 when the person had not been planning on it. The person feels like if
princessmeshelle
i'm getting ready to close my only show for sept. and the host, who is a friend is not using the host special and is ok with me using it. that said, i dont know what to buy. i want all of it eventually and plan on being a consultant for a good long while, but the first things on my list are the executive 12 skillet and executive 7 piece set. i can afford either one. here i my delema, i have a friend who is soon to be moving on her own again and has NOTHING after her divorce. i have promised her my old cookware. the 7 peice set will replace everything i currently own and let me give her my old. however, i had only planned on buying the 12 in skillet. i mentioned it to my hubby and he totally threw me with being ok at spending 150$ when i hadn't been planning on it. i guess i feel like if i don't get the 7 piece set now, my friend will move out and have to either buy something crappy and won't want my old stuff when i'm ready to get rid of it. i keep trying to ask others for advice, but i just keep getting, buy what you want. and i want both. am i being selfish i what i really want is the skillet? i have the ability to get the 7 peice set that i want and help a friend out, but i am hung up on i just planned on the skillet.... if i confused anyone i'm sorry, i just don't know what to do. i planned for so long to buy the skillet first and didn't think DH would be ok with the set. i mean, i just bought my new stuff last year!
HELP!:cry::cry::cry:

I say, buy the set now while hubby's okay with it!! LOL I must say that I would love to have you as a friend...what a nice thing for you to do for her. You can always get the skillet later. It's been on my list for 2 years and I know I would love to have it, but it hasn't killed me (YET! ha!) to not have it.

That's my 2 cents! :)

I feel the 12" is more useful, but in the situation you described, you are probably better off getting the set (at 60% off). Then later, if you can host your own show you could always get the 12" skillet as a half-price item.

Good luck deciding!

Ditto what Kam said - use the big discount on the bigger item, and get the 12" skillet at half-price when you can later.And another ditto on you being such a caring friend that you'd give someone your cookware to help them get back on their feet.

the part that KILLS me, i could have bought both 5 and 7 piece sets last year! i hosted a catty show last june had a 350$ show and could have got them then! but in my infinate wisdom i chose to buy another brand instead!if only i knew i was gonna sigh up 12 months later! my kitchen aid set isn't bad, i am just not satisfied. i feel selfish getting ANOTHER new set a year later!

princessmeshelle said:
the part that KILLS me, i could have bought both 5 and 7 piece sets last year! i hosted a catty show last june had a 350$ show and could have got them then! but in my infinate wisdom i chose to buy another brand instead!if only i knew i was gonna sigh up 12 months later! my kitchen aid set isn't bad, i am just not satisfied. i feel selfish getting ANOTHER new set a year later!

Don't feel sellfish, it's not like you're throwing it away! You're helping out a friend, who I'm sure will be extremely grateful! :)

Don't feel selfish! Sounds like it all happened for a reason...so you could help out a friend in need NOW. If you had gotten them last year, you wouldn't be wanting new ones now and be able to pass on your "old" ones to your friend!

I agree with the others...if you want to pass on your set to your friend, get the Executive set now and plan for the skillet later.

Do you have PC$$ coming that you can order your skillet with that?

I'd say ... do what I did .... get the bigger set now. (I have the 7 pc set in stainless and LOVE IT.) Then get the 12 inch skillet during kit enhancement using your PC dollars, or as a half price item ... and later, there may be a 60 percent off ANYTHING special (they did that in Feb) and then you can host a show and get the special.You can do a lot of things in the 10 inch skillet that you can do in the 12 inch one ...

thanks for the feedback. i can't stand the "do what you want" answer, with no words of wisdom to help puzzle things out. unfortunately i don't have any PC$ to use as it is past my 90 day mark. i'm just happy to be qualifying FINALLY!

What are the benefits of choosing the 12" skillet over the 7 piece set?

The 12" skillet offers a larger cooking surface, allowing you to cook bigger meals or multiple servings at once. It also has a higher capacity, making it perfect for dishes that require extra liquid or sauce. Additionally, the skillet's size and shape make it versatile for various cooking methods, such as sautéing, frying, and even baking.

What makes the 7 piece set a better option than just purchasing the 12" skillet?

The 7 piece set includes a variety of cookware, such as pots, pans, and lids, that can cover all your cooking needs. This set is great for those who want to have a well-rounded collection of cookware in their kitchen. It also offers more flexibility in terms of cooking different types of dishes and using different cooking methods.

Will the 12" skillet or the 7 piece set be more durable and long-lasting?

Both the 12" skillet and 7 piece set are made with high-quality materials that are designed to last. However, the 12" skillet has a thicker and heavier construction, making it more durable and resistant to warping. The 7 piece set, on the other hand, may have some pieces that are not as thick or heavy, but they are still durable and can withstand regular use.

Is the 12" skillet or the 7 piece set easier to clean?

Both the 12" skillet and 7 piece set have non-stick surfaces, making them easy to clean. However, the 12" skillet has a larger surface area, which may require more effort and time to clean thoroughly. The 7 piece set, on the other hand, has smaller pieces that are easier to handle and clean individually.

Which option is more cost-effective in the long run?

The cost-effectiveness of choosing the 12" skillet or 7 piece set ultimately depends on your cooking needs. If you regularly cook meals for a large family or need a versatile and durable cookware, the 7 piece set may be a better investment. However, if you primarily cook for yourself or a small household, the 12" skillet may be all you need and can save you money in the long run.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smarteez2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
smarteez2
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
Replies
Views
erin