• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rude Client Harshly Demands Catalog: A Tale of Frustration

In summary, the caller spoke to a lead who was very rude and demanding, asking for a catalog even though the consultant told her she could browse an online catalog.
nene960
I have a HO lead that is interested in purchasing products. I called her at her work and told her who I was and that I had been given her name and asked what I could help her with. She asked if I knew where her office was. I told her I did then she proceeded to say in a very harsh tone "Bring me a catalog." She didn't nicely say would you please bring me a catalog. I told her I would but she could also look at an online catalog through my website. "Nope I need a catalog bring it tomorrow!!" She was a little aggrivated when I told her I couldn't be there until tomorrow. Seriously? Can't you at least be nice? I hope this lead is worth the rudeness and the 20 minute drive to her office.

I'm sorry you got such a response. Unfortunately, some people seem to think that DS consultants don't have anything better to do than deliver catalogs, and sit by the phone praying for it to ring.

She's lucky she didn't get me. My response would have been "I'm sorry, but I work full-time during the day, and I'm unable to hand-deliver a catalog. I'd be happy to drop one in the mail for you, and also send you a link so that you may browse it online."

I understand your frustration over this. It is hard to tolerate some personalities. Keep in mind, "You attract more bees with honey". Use your kind words and pleasant tone. Hopefully, she was just having a rough day and will be nicer when you meet with her. I've been getting tips from Michael Oliver's Natural Selling website on asking the right questions to build a relationship with your prospects and customers. You may want to check it out at http://www.naturalselling.com. This may give you insight to how to handle the conversation. It helps me. It also helps to take a deep breath before reacting or responding to get your thoughts together.

I would have lost that lead because I refuse to tolerate rudeness. I probably would have informed her that I didn't appreciate her tone. (And trust me, no matter how nice I try to sound, I still come off as a b****! - but I try) "I don't "deliver" but would be happy to pop one in the mail to you or you're welcome to pick one up at MY office until 5 p.m. (see, told you it would sound b****y!) :)

I guess you won't be trying too hard to encourage her to book a show!! :)

Maybe you just caught her at a bad time--like just after getting her butt chewed out.

cheflorraine said:
I guess you won't be trying too hard to encourage her to book a show!! :)

So, uh, I guess you won't be trying too hard to recruit her!!?

RMDave said:
So, uh, I guess you won't be trying too hard to recruit her!!?

LOL Maybe she needs something to make her happy!

Related to Rude Client Harshly Demands Catalog: A Tale of Frustration

1. What is the best way to handle a rude client who demands a catalog?

The best way to handle a rude client is to remain calm and professional. Acknowledge their request and let them know that you will do your best to assist them. Avoid getting defensive or escalating the situation.

2. Is it appropriate to respond rudely back to a client who is being harsh and demanding?

No, it is never appropriate to respond rudely to a client, even if they are being difficult. Remember to always maintain a professional demeanor and try to find a solution to their demands.

3. How can I prevent future frustrations with demanding clients?

One way to prevent future frustrations is to set clear boundaries and expectations with clients from the beginning. Communicate clearly and respectfully, and if a client becomes rude or demanding, address the issue calmly and professionally.

4. What should I do if a client continues to be rude and demanding even after I have tried to help them?

If a client continues to be rude and demanding despite your efforts to assist them, it may be best to politely end the interaction and escalate the issue to a supervisor or manager. Remember to document the encounter for future reference.

5. How can I turn a frustrating situation with a demanding client into a positive experience?

One way to turn a frustrating situation into a positive experience is to actively listen to the client's concerns and try to find a solution that meets their needs. Showing empathy and offering exceptional customer service can help diffuse the situation and leave the client feeling satisfied.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • ChefCKHall
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefKrisB
  • micocina
  • General Chat
Replies