• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Venting Frustration at Work: Avon vs Pampered Chef Catalogs

quality of the materials and construction, design features (such as how well the features are thought out and how well they work), and in the ability to offer a lifetime warranty.I shrugged and said, "That's a common misperception. If you compare TPC to Wally World, yes, we're expensive but that's an apples to oranges comparison. If you compare us to Williams-Sonoma, you'll find TPC is very, very competitive in the same level of the marketplace."He had no comeback for that, because he knows it's true.
chefjeanine said:
Then you should probably try (if you haven't already) potato chips in your vanilla ice cream. One of my dad's concoctions.

Have. They need to be Hawaiian Host Kettle Chips for me and Dryeres Vanilla Bean. I'm picky like that.

How about Guiness and Coffee ice cream...yum.

Now THERE'S a milkshake flavor we'll never see at McDonald's!

Ok, I have to put my two cents worth in here....

Want to try something good? French fries dipped in Mayo, then in ketchup. (Learned that one working at McD's about the era of the McDLT- I remember learning how to make that new sandwich!!) Oh!! Or broasted potatoes dipped into sour cream and then into ketchup. Not like you need to add extra fat and calories to fries or jo-jos......

Something gross? My hubby eats this almost every day for breakfast: Peanut butter and processed sliced american cheese on white bread. Ugh. And yes, I did try it- once.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Now THERE'S a milkshake flavor we'll never see at McDonald's!

I'd patron it a wee bit more often if they did, let me tell you...;)

I think that's a better idea for a Shamrock Shake. 'Tis a far more Irish drink, doncha think?

KellyTheChef said:
Ok, I have to put my two cents worth in here....

Want to try something good? French fries dipped in Mayo, then in ketchup. (.

Kelly,
mix them together and it is called fry sauce in our neck of the woods and if you add a drop of pickle juice its even better.:D

What's that sound I hear? Listen - can you hear it, too?Oh, I know what that is.It's just our arteries slamming shut.

thechefofnorthbend said:
Here is a treat...

French fries dipped in......................

a vanilla shake!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :p :p :p :p

Darby I agree but the need to be dipped in a chocolate frosty from Wendys. Crackers in a frosty is pretty good to

Jennie4PC said:
Kelly,
mix them together and it is called fry sauce in our neck of the woods and if you add a drop of pickle juice its even better.:D

Take mayo, ketchup, dijon mustard, pineapple juice, tartar sauce and brown sugar, mix it all together in bowl and spread on the bottom bun of your hamburger bun. Add the lettuce, then the tomato, then the onion, then the pickle, 1 slice of cheese, the patty, another slice of cheese, a dab of mayo on the top bun and voila...the BEST TASTING BURGER EVER!!!

Why in that order? because everything hits your tounge first....

My tongue just crawled down my throat and hid.

Don't forget that New Orleans staple, the French fry Poor Boy.Good French bread (you cannot make a poor boy without it, that stuff from the grocery store is too bready!), french fries, brown gravy (beef gravy, thickened), dressed. (lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise, pickle)Personally, I don't eat them. I'm too busy eating a good roast beef poor boy, or shrimp poor boy to waste time on them. But they are popular!Ann

mmm..... sweet and salty.... yummmmmm.........

My mom used to make us PB and cheese sandwiches. Those were better than PB and honey.

A good one is cream cheese and strawberry jam on saltines.

One of my grandmother's classmates in grade school would come to school with PB and tuna sandwiches. Bleah. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sick0001.gif

My current favorite sweet/salty item is Trader Joe's chocolate covered peanut butter filled pretzels. Or chocolate covered potato chips (a good "holiday only" show demo for December, by the way).

I'll have to remember the Guinness and ice cream thing for our friend's annual St. Pat's party. (A couple of years ago I made a Bailey's cheesecake.)

try a scoop of raspberry lambic sorbet served in a stemmed Belgian glass... or a triple decker treat: fudgy brownie, vanilla ice cream and porter poured on top!

Sweet cream, whipped and frozen smooth, is a perfect foil for malty, slightly bitter flavors of beer. Blended with chocolate, or tropical fruits, beer can be a good stand-in for other liquids in the typical recipe for ice cream.

Most ice creams start with a cream or dairy base: skimmed evaporated milk, custard, whole milk, yogurt or half and half.

Add a sweetener, such as white or brown sugar, or even a reduced wort or malt extract syrup.

Blend with a binder of some sort--eggs, gelatin, cornstarch or rice flour--especially if the recipe will incorporate fresh ripe berries or cut fruit. Cook the blend (a necessary step if raw eggs are used).

Add other flavors (vanilla, chocolate, beer), stir well and chill. For best results, the cream base should be well chilled before freezing.

All this done in your mothers ice cream maker...;)

chefann said:
My mom used to make us PB and cheese sandwiches. Those were better than PB and honey.

QUOTE]

My little brother when through a phase in 1st grade of wanting peanut butter and liversausage sandwiches every day. Now he about tosses his cookies even thinking of it!

thechefofnorthbend said:
Take mayo, ketchup, dijon mustard, pineapple juice, tartar sauce and brown sugar, mix it all together in bowl and spread on the bottom bun of your hamburger bun. Add the lettuce, then the tomato, then the onion, then the pickle, 1 slice of cheese, the patty, another slice of cheese, a dab of mayo on the top bun and voila...the BEST TASTING BURGER EVER!!!

Why in that order? because everything hits your tounge first....

Stop - you got me thinking...
"Two all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame seed bun..."

Those McD's commerials.... :mad:

True confessions....
janetupnorth said:
"Two all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame seed bun..."

Although I am a very healthy eater.....every now and than I get a craving for a Big Mac, fries and a Vanilla Shake (and yep! I dip my fries in my shake....ummmm) that cannot be ignored!

now you have me singing the jingle too....thanks alot Janet!:rolleyes: ;)

How did a thread about a crazy Avon lady get so off track?:D

"Oh, I wish I were an Oscar Mayer wiener
That is what I truly wish to be
'Cause if I were an Oscar Mayer wiener
Everyone would be in love with me."

?????
ChefBeckyD said:

I don't know but everyone is making me hungry! :p

There is a restaurant here called Red Robin, it's not just local, and they serve a tower of onion rings with a special sauce that is just a mixture of barbecue sauce and mayo. It's so good!!!!
I also dip my fries in ketchup and mayo. I love it!

I also use Ranch dressing for almost anything. I put some on my pizza, buffalo wings, breadsticks, and fried chicken. It's really yummy!

I love the strawberry shakes at Whataburger. I also love the cool drinks at Sonic (Cream slushes and regular slushes).

Debbie :D

Yum yum bumblebee bumblebee tuna, I love bumblebee bumblebee tuna...

I'm a pepper, he's a pepper, she's a pepper, we're a pepper, wouldn't you like to be a pepper too?

The best part of waking up, is Folger's in your cup...

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't. Almond Joy's got nuts, Mounds don't.

What would you do for a Klondike bar?

My bologna has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R....

janetupnorth said:

You deserve a break today!

Arm or leg or vertebrae...

thechefofnorthbend said:
"Oh, I wish I were an Oscar Mayer wiener
That is what I'd truly like to be
'Cause if I were an Oscar Mayer wiener
Everyone would be in love with me."
The little know second verse...Oh I'm glad I'm not
An Oscar Meyer weiner.
That is what I'd never want to be.
For if I were an Oscar Meyer wiener,
There would soon be nothing left of me!(I fixed your first verse, too.)

Last edited:
ChefBeckyD said:
Easy.

The Cheffers got ahold of it.

Hijacks R Us!

Yes, I agree, give her Ann's stats and also tell her maybe that she can compare her dollar store things to other brands but not our's. What about the guarrantees? Over half of those dollar store things aren't in business anymore, that's why they are in the dollar store. Try to take those things back when they break! I sold Avon at one time and to be honest with you....that's such a crappy company! This lady signed me up and left me....I never saw or heard from her again. As far as making money in that business....my money went back into samples! And they never gave the consultants anything to earn either! What about trips or gift certificates??? At least years ago, they never gave you anything. That really burns my butt! How can she put down our prices? What does Avon give you for free when you spend a certain amount? How about host benefits? We even give to guests! She's got nerve! It's a good thing I don't work with her...I might be tempted to do something like put a PC bumper sticker on her car! LOL

And, ironically, Erica LIVES in Avon! :)

Knock, Knock!Who's there?Avon.Avon, who?Avon to sell you something!

Yes, I do......so I guess she can pass that one along to that Avon lady as well.....even people that LIVE in Avon choose to sell PC! lol

Sounds like a great opportunity for a Mary Kay Consultant.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Knock, Knock!

Who's there?

Avon.

Avon, who?

Avon to sell you something!

Avon, who?

Avon to be left alone with my Mary Kay products! He-he...

An Avon Lady was delivering products in a high-rise and was riding in the elevator. Suddenly, she had the powerful urge to fart. Since no one was in the elevator, she let it go - and it was a doozy.

Of course, the elevator then stopped at the next floor, so she quickly used some Avon Pine-Scented Spray to cover up the smell. A man entered the elevator and immediately made a face.

"Holy cow! What's that smell?"

"I don't know, sir. I don't smell anything. What does it smell like to you?"

"Like someone crapped a Christmas tree."

Knock Knock.

Who's there?

Avon.

Avon who?

Avon to be alone....

Knock, knock!Who's there?Control freak! (Now! You say, "Control Freak, Who?")

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Knock, knock!

Who's there?

Control freak! (Now! You say, "Control Freak, Who?")

Took me a second then realized:

Person 1: Knock, Knock!
Person 2: Who's there?
Person 1: Control Freak Control Freak who? (not letting person 2 speak!)

Ha - much funnier when I don't have a blonde moment and get the joke immediately!

gratergirl said:
Yes, I agree, give her Ann's stats and also tell her maybe that she can compare her dollar store things to other brands but not our's. What about the guarrantees? Over half of those dollar store things aren't in business anymore, that's why they are in the dollar store. Try to take those things back when they break! I sold Avon at one time and to be honest with you....that's such a crappy company! This lady signed me up and left me....I never saw or heard from her again. As far as making money in that business....my money went back into samples! And they never gave the consultants anything to earn either! What about trips or gift certificates??? At least years ago, they never gave you anything. That really burns my butt! How can she put down our prices? What does Avon give you for free when you spend a certain amount? How about host benefits? We even give to guests! She's got nerve! It's a good thing I don't work with her...I might be tempted to do something like put a PC bumper sticker on her car! LOL

No, don't hold back, Erica. Tell us how you REALLY feel. :p

Never been an Avon fan, myself. My MIL gives each of the girls several tubes of their horrible hand cream each Christmas in our stockings. We have asked her not to. We all ask for good stuff from different spa stores. Does she listen? No. Though she usually also buys me the hand and body creams I ask for, she also gives me the yucky stuff. Finally found a use for it. My husband uses it for his, ummm, posterior. He says that part of his body can't tell the difference. :D

raebates said:
No, don't hold back, Erica. Tell us how you REALLY feel. :p

Never been an Avon fan, myself. My MIL gives each of the girls several tubes of their horrible hand cream each Christmas in our stockings. We have asked her not to. We all ask for good stuff from different spa stores. Does she listen? No. Though she usually also buys me the hand and body creams I ask for, she also gives me the yucky stuff. Finally found a use for it. My husband uses it for his, ummm, posterior. He says that part of his body can't tell the difference. :D

Okay Rae.....but how do you feel about your husband using "Sweet Honesty" body cream???:D

I can't imagine it smells good for long. If somebody really wants to sniff that part of his body, they're taking their own chances.

raebates said:
I can't imagine it smells good for long. If somebody really wants to sniff that part of his body, they're taking their own chances.

Oh, this thread has gone horribly wrong. Thank you, I love it!

Why should this thread be any different than any other thread up here?At least, this one is still here.

I believe this is the first time my husband's stinky behind has been mentioned on a site dedicated to the art of cooking.

It's fair to say we've hit bottom.We should put this behind us.

Nice!

Darn minimum!

Not so stinky bottom...Well, er, maybe sometimes...

baby-butt.jpg

Butt (LOL), sometimes it smells like a babies behind!

**shouldn't the be, feel like a babies behind?? :confused: **

Wow I must say this is the first time I have been on here all day. And I was so excited to see that I had 7 pages of comments. Little did I know about 6 of them were off topic. Oh well. It was so funny to read. Wanna hear the funniest part. Today she asked me if I wanted the new catalog. HAHAHAH
I said UH NO.

Funny, bet it's not the first time Avon has been the butt of a joke...

Miss Cori said:
Wow I must say this is the first time I have been on here all day. And I was so excited to see that I had 7 pages of comments. Little did I know about 6 of them were off topic. Oh well. It was so funny to read. Wanna hear the funniest part. Today she asked me if I wanted the new catalog. HAHAHAH
I said UH NO.
Off topic?

OFF TOPIC??

OFF TOPIC???

Hrmmmph.

Miss Cori said:
<snip>Little did I know about 6 of them were off topic.<snip>
Hey, Cheffers ~ I think we're in trouble because we butt in.

Those are the BOMB I love Red Robin...... and I dont' know how we got off the Avon convo either... LOL

DebbieSAChef said:
I don't know but everyone is making me hungry! :p

There is a restaurant here called Red Robin, it's not just local, and they serve a tower of onion rings with a special sauce that is just a mixture of barbecue sauce and mayo. It's so good!!!!
I also dip my fries in ketchup and mayo. I love it!

I also use Ranch dressing for almost anything. I put some on my pizza, buffalo wings, breadsticks, and fried chicken. It's really yummy!

I love the strawberry shakes at Whataburger. I also love the cool drinks at Sonic (Cream slushes and regular slushes).

Debbie :D

Did she ask you why you didnt want the new catalog? HAHA I would have said becasue your stuff is way to cheap for my liking.. I know that is just as rude but.....

Miss Cori said:
I said UH NO.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Hey, Cheffers ~ I think we're in trouble because we butt in.
I think that's a good @ss-essment. (Had to disguise that so the auto-censor wouldn't get it.)

I love these stream-of-consciousness threads!

chefann said:
I think that's a good @ss-essment. (Had to disguise that so the auto-censor wouldn't get it.)

I love these stream-of-consciousness threads!

I love these threads too - can't wait to jump on and see what turns they've taken!:D

<H2>1. How can I deal with coworkers who constantly complain about prices in our catalogs?</H2><p>One way to handle this situation is to calmly explain the benefits of hosting a party to get discounts on products. You can also offer to help them find alternative, more affordable options within the catalog. If the complaining continues, it may be best to politely change the subject or speak to a supervisor for further guidance.</p><H2>2. Is venting about work-related frustrations appropriate in the workplace?</H2><p>Venting can be a healthy way to release stress, but it's important to be mindful of your surroundings and to maintain a professional demeanor. It may be best to vent to a trusted friend outside of work or to find a private space where you can express your frustrations without disrupting the workplace.</p><H2>3. How can I effectively communicate with a coworker who is being rude about products in our catalog?</H2><p>It's important to remain calm and professional in all interactions with coworkers. If a coworker is being rude about products in the catalog, try to understand their perspective and address any concerns they may have. You can also offer to provide more information or assistance to help them find products that meet their needs and budget.</p><H2>4. What are some tips for promoting products and encouraging coworkers to host parties?</H2><p>One effective way to promote products and encourage coworkers to host parties is to lead by example. Share your own positive experiences with hosting parties and the benefits you have received. You can also offer incentives or rewards for coworkers who host parties, such as discounts or free products.</p><H2>5. How can I handle a coworker who is not interested in hosting a party and continues to complain about prices?</H2><p>If a coworker is not interested in hosting a party and continues to complain about prices, it may be best to politely acknowledge their concerns and then redirect the conversation to a different topic. You can also suggest alternative ways for them to save on products, such as joining a customer rewards program or taking advantage of special promotions.</p>

Related to Venting Frustration at Work: Avon vs Pampered Chef Catalogs

1. How can I deal with coworkers who constantly complain about prices in our catalogs?

One way to handle this situation is to calmly explain the benefits of hosting a party to get discounts on products. You can also offer to help them find alternative, more affordable options within the catalog. If the complaining continues, it may be best to politely change the subject or speak to a supervisor for further guidance.

2. Is venting about work-related frustrations appropriate in the workplace?

Venting can be a healthy way to release stress, but it's important to be mindful of your surroundings and to maintain a professional demeanor. It may be best to vent to a trusted friend outside of work or to find a private space where you can express your frustrations without disrupting the workplace.

3. How can I effectively communicate with a coworker who is being rude about products in our catalog?

It's important to remain calm and professional in all interactions with coworkers. If a coworker is being rude about products in the catalog, try to understand their perspective and address any concerns they may have. You can also offer to provide more information or assistance to help them find products that meet their needs and budget.

4. What are some tips for promoting products and encouraging coworkers to host parties?

One effective way to promote products and encourage coworkers to host parties is to lead by example. Share your own positive experiences with hosting parties and the benefits you have received. You can also offer incentives or rewards for coworkers who host parties, such as discounts or free products.

5. How can I handle a coworker who is not interested in hosting a party and continues to complain about prices?

If a coworker is not interested in hosting a party and continues to complain about prices, it may be best to politely acknowledge their concerns and then redirect the conversation to a different topic. You can also suggest alternative ways for them to save on products, such as joining a customer rewards program or taking advantage of special promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AJPratt
Replies
Views
sherri lynn
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224